Sign in to follow this  
mrcp6d

Arming the High Council [CG:B, HC vs DK]

The dust had not even settled from the Desert King troops' wagon before Virgil and his eldest son Arash handed over the weapons the false king so graciously had hand-delivered to his jewelry shop, The Ruby Ring. Clearly the mummies did not know that Arash was a longtime Kaliplin Army soldier before being honorably discharged on account of a grievous eye injury. He and his father now serve as very effective spies for the High Council as his famous shop near the Witherwoods attracts people from all over Kaliphlin and the rest of Historica. Although, the shop's resident monkey, Sam, may spoil the subterfuge with his drunken chatter!

17018406008_ddc4504434_z.jpg

A counter to MassEditor's guerrilla: Arming the Resistance

I'd like to pick up UoP credits for:

• Trade and Law - Marketplace
  • Geography - Desert (2 against)

More on Flickr, C&C appreciated!

Edited by mrcp6d

A very nice counter, the base is great, and I particularly like the awning on the side! Nice piece use on the lantern! :thumbup:

Edit: +1 on the market place credit, though I do think it may be stretching it a bit. But I don't think there's quite enough sand here to qualify for desert, especially under Geography (if it were sand under Landscape Design, that might be more feasible, but I can't say this quite demonstrates mastery of desert techniques).

Edited by Kai NRG

Fantastic counter! I love how you did the base and the path texturing is superb :thumbup:

+1 UoP for Market place, but I agree with Kai about the desert credit :classic:

Fantastic scene! Perfect atmosphere!

Thanks Graham!

A very nice counter, the base is great, and I particularly like the awning on the side! Nice piece use on the lantern! :thumbup:

Edit: +1 on the market place credit, though I do think it may be stretching it a bit. But I don't think there's quite enough sand here to qualify for desert, especially under Geography (if it were sand under Landscape Design, that might be more feasible, but I can't say this quite demonstrates mastery of desert techniques).

Thanks Kai! But also, boooooooo! Of the two credits, I figured marketplace would be the one to get shot down--logical point about Geography vs Landscaping when I think about it. Oh well, lots of Kali left to build in. :laugh:

Fantastic counter! I love how you did the base and the path texturing is superb :thumbup:

+1 UoP for Market place, but I agree with Kai about the desert credit :classic:

Thank you sir! Though, since Kai got one, "boooooooo!" to you too! :wink:

Very nice counter!

Thanks Andrew!

Very nice build, the Horse going off frame gives a real sense of action. Nice base and good details everywhere.

That is a great base! I like how put in so many details on such a small room, without making it look too busy

Ha, ha fantastic counter mrc6pd! :laugh: The wagon leaving with the mummies is a great touch, and the jewelry shop is excellent! :wink::thumbup:

Excellent composition! The white really stands out against all the other colors. Those pearl gold quarter-dome bricks are seeing a lot of use lately. The cone-one-ring-ruby makes a nice "cherry on top". I don't think I've seen an awning that uses the cheese slopes like that. It does make a visual difference. The minifig posing and the rearing horse are nice touches. Drunken monkey leaning out the window? Well, why not, hehe! Oh, and the base is very good as well.

Very nice build, the Horse going off frame gives a real sense of action. Nice base and good details everywhere.

Yeah, the horse like that wasn't really the plan at the beginning--I definitely ran out of room. :grin:

That is a great base! I like how put in so many details on such a small room, without making it look too busy

High praise from you Jacob, thanks!

Ha, ha fantastic counter mrc6pd! :laugh: The wagon leaving with the mummies is a great touch, and the jewelry shop is excellent! :wink::thumbup:

Thanks buddy!

Excellent composition! The white really stands out against all the other colors. Those pearl gold quarter-dome bricks are seeing a lot of use lately. The cone-one-ring-ruby makes a nice "cherry on top". I don't think I've seen an awning that uses the cheese slopes like that. It does make a visual difference. The minifig posing and the rearing horse are nice touches. Drunken monkey leaning out the window? Well, why not, hehe! Oh, and the base is very good as well.

Thanks Captain Dee, you look to be new around here, but I hope to see you around more!

Very nice counter. I like the base and the minifig posing.

Thank you!

Great job! Loving that base!

Thanks RC!

Arash proves himself to be on the wrong side of History with his support of the High Council! Oh well, there's always more weapons to distribute!

OoC: Great counter, I was hoping someone would take a stab at it! Great looking building, the gold and wood accents really make this stand out. Pretty landscaping too, the path and SNOTed rockwork look really good. :thumbup:

Really glad to see you building for this challenge!

Awesome scene mrcp6d! I really like the ground there. A bit better lighting at your mocs and they would look even better!

OoC: Great counter, I was hoping someone would take a stab at it! Great looking building, the gold and wood accents really make this stand out. Pretty landscaping too, the path and SNOTed rockwork look really good. :thumbup:

Really glad to see you building for this challenge!

Thanks ME! This was therapy last week to counteract work + grad school. Too much work + grad school this week for building. :angry:

Nice build! I'm a fan of the awning, great job! :thumbup:

Thanks LV!

Awesome scene mrcp6d! I really like the ground there. A bit better lighting at your mocs and they would look even better!

Yeah... I haven't been happy with my lighting for quite some time. These pics are the result of some GIMP work to brighten them up too. :hmpf_bad:

So many great details :wub: The well, monkey, lantern, vendor's stand, and chariot are all great :thumbup:

Superb base and building as well :classic:

So many great details :wub: The well, monkey, lantern, vendor's stand, and chariot are all great :thumbup:

Superb base and building as well :classic:

Thanks buddy!