Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

[WZ8: L11, High Council] A leading light

Hereby my entry to warzone 8. Should I win, the next warzone should be I5.

Only few of the channels of the Qar-Akhen River Delta are consistently navigable.

To guide vessels towards these channels, small lighthouses has been erected on cliffs near the critical points of the channels.

Control of these means control of most of the shipping, as only few captains can navigate the channels unaided...

16990700217_feeed7b005_c.jpgThe Tower by Beorthan, on Flickr

These towers are normally manned by a single keeper, but in these times of war, small garrisons of a few soldiers are stationed to guard the tower. Under the cover of the morning mist, Beorthan and Tauro has been ferried accross to the tower, swimming the last bit to avoid detection. After quickly dispatching the guard at the pier, they have now entered the tower, and are fighting the guards to wrest control over to the High Council.

16575678464_60c320f54d_c.jpgThe Backside by Beorthan, on Flickr

On the roof, Tauro is making quick work of the lookout, who will soon fall to his watery grave below...

16577930743_1cb32ed171_c.jpg...on the roofs by Beorthan, on Flickr

...while Beorthan is finishing off another guard from the balcony below.

16990703187_c81b0b0fde_c.jpg...on the balconies by Beorthan, on Flickr

Located off the coast, this lighthouse stands amidst the rolling waves of the southern sea, which often engulfes the lighthouse in soothing sounds. But when the seas run wild, they seem to struggle with the cliffs and stonework in an epic battle to wrest the tower off its foundation. Now, as ever, the seas roll on regardless of the drama above, and will wash off the blood of the skirmish before the next high tide...

16575681154_1c5eb7b1de_c.jpgThe water by Beorthan, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, all.

C&C is - as always - welcome. I am quite happy with my waves - a first for me, and the tower came out reasonable well, although a smoother transition between the lower, irregular part, and the upper part is high on my wishlist. :wink:

Fantastic! I love the colours you used for the tower. Furthermore the waves look great, too :thumbup:

Glad to see someone did a lighthouse for this one! Great job, especially with the water and the beacon! :thumbup:

The color scheme is somewhat busy - and I like it! The light blue and tan go together well. The grey at the base of the tower offers a good natural transition. The column at the top looks slightly out of place to my eyes but that is from the perspective of well-known 19th century Atlantic lighthouses and this is obviously an entirely different subject. For the purposes of GoH the decorated column is fine and the glass globe at the top is a nice touch. And of course I have to mention the windows. Standard items they may be but any chance to use those pearl gold lattices should be seized! The waves are excellent as well. There may not be much of it but the water is very realistic - clear or nearly so at shallow depths and when cresting is far more accurate than standard blue. It's just a nice overall composition and a break from most of the other content being posted right now. (Yeah, this is a bit long but I like meaningful input so it's only fair to give it to others!) Brick on!

Excellent build Bregir, I really like the lighthouse and waves! Great minifig posing as well, and the column on top is a fantastic addition! :sweet::thumbup:

Excellent tower Bregir, the color combos are very nice here. Love the water too, it has such an excellent tidal effect. Great fig posing up top too. Great entry! :thumbup:

Thank you all - I am happy the colour combo landed so well - and even more happy you think I succeeded with the waves, as that was one of my own priorities - and a first for me! :classic:

Glad to see someone did a lighthouse for this one! Great job, especially with the water and the beacon! :thumbup:

With the space I had and the description, I felt a tower was a good way to utilise the limited footprint. And what better than a lighthouse? - Most people seem to have concentrated deeper in the delta, but I felt like the opening for some open sea action should be taken! :sweet:

The color scheme is somewhat busy - and I like it! The light blue and tan go together well. The grey at the base of the tower offers a good natural transition. The column at the top looks slightly out of place to my eyes but that is from the perspective of well-known 19th century Atlantic lighthouses and this is obviously an entirely different subject. For the purposes of GoH the decorated column is fine and the glass globe at the top is a nice touch. And of course I have to mention the windows. Standard items they may be but any chance to use those pearl gold lattices should be seized! The waves are excellent as well. There may not be much of it but the water is very realistic - clear or nearly so at shallow depths and when cresting is far more accurate than standard blue. It's just a nice overall composition and a break from most of the other content being posted right now. (Yeah, this is a bit long but I like meaningful input so it's only fair to give it to others!) Brick on!

Thank you, Captain Dee - I really appreciate you taking your time to give some constructive feedback. :thumbup:

Normally, I take my inspiration closely from the real world, but I do agree some leeway is warranted in this fantasy world - plus, it allows us a bit more creativity. :wink:

I love the gold lattices, and they find their way into (too) many of my builds. :grin:

Really happy you like the water too.

Fantastic water. It's really looking rushing down the river. The tower imo resembles what I've seem of Queenscross so far. The light itself seems to be a bitvsmall though :grin:

I like the color combination on the lighthouse, and you did a wonderful job with those waves :wub: