Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

[WZ11:C4, High Council] Before the Old Gods...

My entry for warzone 11 - In the event of me winning, I pick D3 as the next warzone.

Having always lived secluded deep in the Wither Woods the Cresentthorn Elves have kept to their own ways, and their own gods, worshipping spirits of nature and the forces of old.

According to the myths, these forces rest in the oldest of trees. As these trees grow old, they are said to take on the appearance of the Old Gods themselves, watching over the forest, its surroundings, and everything going on there.

The elves simply call them the "Old Gods"...

17010848598_7103142c94_z.jpgWatched by Beorthan, on Flickr

In a clearing in front of one of the "Old Gods", one of the honour duels for Cresentthorn's favour is being held between a Leander representing the High Council and an Orc representing the Desert King.

17198009481_088fcfa297_c.jpgGods of Old by Beorthan, on Flickr

The Leander, Babar Sher, native to the Trifork, has just bested an orc berserker bearing the name of Xolag.

The elven official, Beldroth, has just called off the duel, proclaiming Babar Sher, and thus the High Council the winner of this Duel.

17011066050_058354ef66_z.jpgVictory by Beorthan, on Flickr

C&C more than welcome. For once, I am quite happy with the photos (a slight issue with focus in one of them apart) and I quite like how my tree turned out. As may be obvious, the tree is inspired by the weirwoods of Game of Thrones.

Lovely entry Bregir! The tree looks fantastic, very clever design. The surrounding foliage is a nice touch and the posing is very good! Superb photography too!

One thing to note, however: You're going to need a bigger stick if you plan to keep the DK down! :p

Edited by MassEditor

Really nice use of the dark orange pieces for the tree! A nice idea, a ritual dual in a sacred place. Great work!

Another really nice tree for this challenge! :thumbup: Really like the different angles you managed to achieve!

Very nice entry Bregir, superb work with the tan tree! :classic::thumbup:

Yes, the tree is unique. The colors work well and I like all the mushrooms/toadstools growing around the roots. Good minifig posing as well.

Thank you all - glad you seem to like this build as much as I do myself! :classic:

Lovely entry Bregir! The tree looks fantastic, very clever design. The surrounding foliage is a nice touch and the posing is very good! Superb photography too!

One thing to note, however: You're going to need a bigger stick if you plan to keep the DK down! :p

First of all, thank you - The tree turned out even better than I had imagined! I am especially glad you like the photography, as that seems to be my nemesis.

Second, let us not get into discussions about the sizes of our "sticks"... :tongue: As should be obvious from the build though, it is not the size that matters! :grin:

Fantastic work! I really like that you used tan for the tree and the photography is quite nice :thumbup:

Thanks - I wanted to try a different colour for the tree and I think it came out really nice :classic:

Really nice use of the dark orange pieces for the tree! A nice idea, a ritual dual in a sacred place. Great work!

My understanding of the term "honour duels" in the wz description naturally led me in this direction, rather than the more gladiatorial battles most of the other builders seem to have envisioned. :classic:

I am not saying others are wrong (but obviously, they are! :tongue: ), just that I interpreted it differently.

Another really nice tree for this challenge! :thumbup: Really like the different angles you managed to achieve!

Thanks, Kai - the angles actually wasn't intended from the start, but as the tree progressed (built that first, before doing the rest :wink: ) it just seemed more organic with some angles.

Great build- I think this is my favourite from you so far! :thumbup:

It is one of my favourites too - and definitely my favourite in this scale! :classic:

I guess if there are wither woulds there also hase to be a heart tree in it! Nice work, I love how the face turned out.