Sign in to follow this  
Emma

[WZ11:C4, Desert King] The Old Oak

The Old Oak

The Battle for Cresentthorn's Favor (WZ11:C4)

For the Desert King!

Deep in the Wither Woods there is an ancient oak, so thick and gnarled that the elves have named it the Father of the Trees, believing it to have witnessed the dawn of the forest.

The warrior Kauket had lived her entire life in the hot, sandy, desert lands – she had never seen any trees such as what was now before her.

A voice called down from the ancient limbs, “The duel may now commence.” There would be time later to admire the forest, Kauket had a High Councilman to defeat. At the base of the ancient tree, Kauket swung her khopesh at the enemy and let the thrill of the fight carry her to victory.

16570771114_a98a555057_z.jpg

17005684410_d091651376_z.jpg

Thanks for having a look :)

Fantastic work! The base looks great, I really like how the arches wrap around the center! This is really similar to what I had in mind for my entery, except I couldn't figure out how to fit a platform in a tree and make it look good, while you obviously figured it out. Again, great work! :)

Beautiful entry, love how you used the arches.

I like that tree very much. The bark looks so wrinkled, really nice effect. And the roots surrounding the base are a wonderful addition.

Beautifully well done base, and the little "tree fort" looks great as well! Good work on the posing! :thumbup:

Superb job with that tree, Emma, excellent minifig posing and platform as well! :thumbup:

Pretty neat how well the arches fit around those plates :thumbup: The tree definitely looks old, I think a few larger branches might make it look less like a stump (though maybe that's what you were going for?) :classic:

The tree looks gnarly, old and tired...exactly what you were trying to portray, so good job! I like those leaves better than the standard green for this application. The white/tan platform is a nice addition too.