Sign in to follow this  
marbleman

MOC: China DF-4B diesel engine.

Hello everybody, I'm both a Lego fans and a train fans from China. This MOC is a very classic chinese engine.

The prototype

1.jpg

The MOC is 7 studs wild and 44 studs long. Driven by and XL motor.

2.jpg3.jpg4.jpgtthee7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

Video Link: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XOTI0NzI4OTQ0.html

Intruction: http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=marbleman

Hope you like it.

Edited by marbleman

Quite the first post. Excellent detail. Nicely done. Any plans to make the powered bogie more similar to the dummy one?

Yes, but need some suggestion about the powered bogie.

Nice to see something other than a western locomotive! I agree that the two bogies should share a unified design.

How did you make the China Railway logo on the 2x2 round tile? Is it just a really clean sticker?

What suggestion do you need about the powered bogie? I.e. what problem do you have?

If you show more pictures of the bogie and its connection with the motor, it'd be easier to understand the issue and to help.

I'd put another 4x4 frame in the middle of the powered wheelset instead of the 1x2 Technic bricks, so that the wheels aren't rubbing on each other on the edges - then you'll have space between the wheels to fit some SNOT pieces that'll let you add proper decorations on the sides.

Nice to see something other than a western locomotive! I agree that the two bogies should share a unified design.

How did you make the China Railway logo on the 2x2 round tile? Is it just a really clean sticker?

It's sticker made by myself.

I'd put another 4x4 frame in the middle of the powered wheelset instead of the 1x2 Technic bricks, so that the wheels aren't rubbing on each other on the edges - then you'll have space between the wheels to fit some SNOT pieces that'll let you add proper decorations on the sides.

Great idea,thanks!

Edited by marbleman

I think this colour scheme works really well. You've captured the shape really nicely. Even given me some ideas! Great stuff.

This build is a fantastic reproduction of the original. It looks dead on. The colors and design just works so well together.

Hi there Marbleman, nicely done your DF-4B engine. Are you planning to do some passenger carriages in the same colourscheme as well? How are trainlengths in China compared to Europian or American length?

Really cool engine, well executed.

Must be strong with that XL motor.

Will we see any train cars to go with it as well?

Very nice! I love those 'doors' on the side. Could you show a video of it running?