msx80

[Software] Blueprint, a building instruction generator for LDD

I would suggest upgrading your java and restarting. I had that happen when I first used it. 

There's a command prompt that goes with Blueprint - look in there for more info on what went wrong. One possibility is that your JVM ran out of memory, which you should be able to fix by installing the 64-bit version of Java. But look in the command window first.

13 hours ago, supertruper1988 said:

How large is your model?

It happened also using a test lxf file I made up with only 6 2x4 bricks

51 minutes ago, Shroud said:

I would suggest upgrading your java and restarting. I had that happen when I first used it. 

23 minutes ago, Chris Rae said:

There's a command prompt that goes with Blueprint - look in there for more info on what went wrong. One possibility is that your JVM ran out of memory, which you should be able to fix by installing the 64-bit version of Java. But look in the command window first.

I'm not so skilled to fully understand that command prompt. Basing on what I read, though, the file was loaded correctly, but then there's a long list of exceptions in JavaFX Application Thread. Not sure about what that means, but also not sure that it's normal. So I'll try updating Java and see

If you can post a screen shot or copy-paste the exceptions it might help. But really if they're out-of-memory exceptions then using a 64-bit JVM will almost definitely help. If they're other exceptions probably only the author of the program can help much, though it might provide info on what part of your model it fell over on.

I found a couple of versions of Java that maybe conflicted. So I managed to fix the issue by uninstalling and reinstalling Java.

Thank you really much for the hints!

On 8/10/2018 at 3:19 AM, Ben Andrews said:

I feel the option of blueprint, in a world of few, let alone Functional instruction builders, is brilliant. I've used this software to design 1600+ page instruction books with 18000+ part counts and it's been an absolute pleasure to navigate.

Really! I'm curious how that could work, because for me the inability to move the camera view port renders any attempt to make readable instructions for a model of such dimensions futile

Hello,

new member and recently discovered this program.

I have a design that covers 581 pages in Blueprint. When I use the default orientation of the design and generate the steps, then on every step page the model is neatly positioned besides the part list for that step.

When I rotate the model, the model is overlapping the part list on every page.

I can drag the model to the correct positon but I have to do that manually for every page of the design.

Is there a way to have the model being positioned correctly for every page automatically?

You will have to re generate the steps if you have adjusted them in the step viewer. 

This program is also no longer in development but BrickLink has begun offering a building software that can also do instructions. It is called Studio. 

Can Stud.io import already done modeals in ldd?

Also, I have 20.000+ bricks project - and I woul dlike to generate instructions. Doing it old fashoin way would take weeks - any suggestions?

37 minutes ago, Angeli said:

Also, I have 20.000+ bricks project - and I woul dlike to generate instructions. Doing it old fashoin way would take weeks - any suggestions?

Yes it can!! You just need to do the import as opposed to just trying to open it. 

It will probably still take weeks as you'll be getting over the learning curve.. But it's smooth and pretty intuitive once your into it. I do suggest making sub models within your model as it will make the instruction segments easier to control.

Good luck! Look forward to seeing the build! 

1 hour ago, Angeli said:

It can but I would recommend that you save each group of your large model as its own file and then import each file into studio otherwise all 20k pieces will be a jumbled mess. 

1 minute ago, supertruper1988 said:

It can but I would recommend that you save each group of your large model as its own file and then import each file into studio otherwise all 20k pieces will be a jumbled mess. 

Or transform the LXF into LDraw first with a tool like, say, lxf2ldr.html which translates LDD groups into submodels and also converts (some) patterns.

10 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

Or transform the LXF into LDraw first with a tool like, say, lxf2ldr.html which translates LDD groups into submodels and also converts (some) patterns.

Interesting - doesn't seem to work for my current model,  the "download result" remains grey.  Any way to gather useful information what's wrong?

53 minutes ago, mfeldt said:

Any way to gather useful information what's wrong?

If your browser has a “developper mode” (Firefox does), then there should be error messages in its “console”.

Can you message me to debug / continue this discussion?  I wouldn’t want to hijack this thread :wink:

Is there some way to adjust the page layout individually per page? I'm using some larger plates in my model that are way too big, but if I change the part zoom, other small parts are way too small. If there isn't any way, then that would be a nice thing to add.

1 hour ago, Bobarilla said:

Is there some way to adjust the page layout individually per page? I'm using some larger plates in my model that are way too big, but if I change the part zoom, other small parts are way too small. If there isn't any way, then that would be a nice thing to add.

The developer has abandon this project. I would suggest switching the Studio from BrickLink

On 6/25/2019 at 2:36 PM, supertruper1988 said:

The developer has abandon this project. I would suggest switching the Studio from BrickLink

Thanks! I just downloaded it and it works amazingly!

On 6/25/2019 at 11:36 PM, supertruper1988 said:

Hi there, obviously feel free to use or suggest any program, but the fact that i'm not working on the project doesn't make the program unusable. It still works decently and i'm using it to this day. 

@supertruper1988 I think it's not possible to have per page settings, but you could try making two separated projects and then merge the images, using the zoomed out when there's the plates etc.

I take the opportunity to thank the kind people who donated some money to the project! Thank you very much!

Hi,

I wanted to use the program with me but unfortunately I get the error message "Error! Main class bluerender. Bluerender could not be found or started! My system is up to date. Would be nice if someone could help me

Greeting Ches

On 6/28/2019 at 7:16 PM, msx80 said:

Hi there, obviously feel free to use or suggest any program, but the fact that i'm not working on the project doesn't make the program unusable. It still works decently and i'm using it to this day. 

@supertruper1988 I think it's not possible to have per page settings, but you could try making two separated projects and then merge the images, using the zoomed out when there's the plates etc.

I take the opportunity to thank the kind people who donated some money to the project! Thank you very much!

Would you consider to open source your software so others can continue on the great work you started. 

This would be really nice and helpful when for example  in a some years it would stop working due to Java update. 

Thanks for considering 

Edited by M2m

Hello everybody,

I'm asking for support again here in the round.  I would like to use the program but I can not open it.  It always comes the same error message "Error: Main class blueprint. Blueprint could not be found or not loaded Press any key ...." That's what's there.  

Greetings Ches

@Chesleyn, you should give us a bit more information on your system (OS & java versions for instance).  People for which Blueprint works and with the same system would be better able to help you or see what’s different.

Hallo SylvaniLS,

first of all thank you answer.  I use Windows 10 Home 64 bit version with the latest updates, also Java 8 with the update 221 Realease from 16 July and the OpenGL 4.6 is up to date. Graphics cards is Geforce GTX 1060. Direct version 11.3.  I downloaded the zip file then opened it then clicked blueprint.bat.  Then this error message comes.  I would be grateful for Hielfe.  Greetings Ches

Grüße Ches

Edited by Chesleyn

8 hours ago, Chesleyn said:

Hallo SylvaniLS,

first of all thank you answer.  I use Windows 10 Home 64 bit version with the latest updates, also Java 8 with the update 221 Realease from 16 July and the OpenGL 4.6 is up to date. Graphics cards is Geforce GTX 1060. Direct version 11.3.  I downloaded the zip file then opened it then clicked blueprint.bat.  Then this error message comes.  I would be grateful for Hielfe.  Greetings Ches

Grüße Ches

Hi there, you're opening the blueprint.bat file from inside the zip? You should first unpack the zip on a folder, then run it from there.

@Chesleyn

Did you simply opened the zip archive or did you extract it somewhere in your computer?
The correct way is to extract it and only then launch the batch file.

EDIT: oops, anticipated.

Edited by Calabar