msx80

[Software] Blueprint, a building instruction generator for LDD

Hello,

Today I encountered an issue with this program: I can't import LXF files correctly.

Just to be sure that I'm doing things correctly, since I don't use it often: I open blueprint, click on File, then Import LXF, then I can choose the file. Right?

After doing this, I can't see anything in the step design page (see attached image). One thing I noticed is that when I click for the first time on the File menu only Import LXF and Open design commands are active; if I click again after importing an LXF all the commands are active.

Any idea on the cause and on a solution? Did anyone else encounter this problem?

Thanks

screen.png

Edited by 1992pb

I would suggest upgrading your java and restarting. I had that happen when I first used it. 

There's a command prompt that goes with Blueprint - look in there for more info on what went wrong. One possibility is that your JVM ran out of memory, which you should be able to fix by installing the 64-bit version of Java. But look in the command window first.

13 hours ago, supertruper1988 said:

How large is your model?

It happened also using a test lxf file I made up with only 6 2x4 bricks

51 minutes ago, Shroud said:

I would suggest upgrading your java and restarting. I had that happen when I first used it. 

23 minutes ago, Chris Rae said:

There's a command prompt that goes with Blueprint - look in there for more info on what went wrong. One possibility is that your JVM ran out of memory, which you should be able to fix by installing the 64-bit version of Java. But look in the command window first.

I'm not so skilled to fully understand that command prompt. Basing on what I read, though, the file was loaded correctly, but then there's a long list of exceptions in JavaFX Application Thread. Not sure about what that means, but also not sure that it's normal. So I'll try updating Java and see

If you can post a screen shot or copy-paste the exceptions it might help. But really if they're out-of-memory exceptions then using a 64-bit JVM will almost definitely help. If they're other exceptions probably only the author of the program can help much, though it might provide info on what part of your model it fell over on.

I found a couple of versions of Java that maybe conflicted. So I managed to fix the issue by uninstalling and reinstalling Java.

Thank you really much for the hints!

On 8/10/2018 at 3:19 AM, Ben Andrews said:

I feel the option of blueprint, in a world of few, let alone Functional instruction builders, is brilliant. I've used this software to design 1600+ page instruction books with 18000+ part counts and it's been an absolute pleasure to navigate.

Really! I'm curious how that could work, because for me the inability to move the camera view port renders any attempt to make readable instructions for a model of such dimensions futile