msx80

[Software] Blueprint, a building instruction generator for LDD

17 hours ago, GrahamSlam said:

Yeah, months ago my antivirus detected multiple trojans in several of the files. The .dll files in the software appear to contain viruses; I brought this up months ago. Apparently the software creator hasn't reuploaded the file, as it still contains malware.

I'm pretty sure it's called a "false positive". I've come across is a few times running open source or indi designer programs that rely or run on certain frameworks. That's really all I know.

But I also figure someone who puts in as much work and functionallity into a piece of free software for a massive community that they are apart of, would probably not steer us wrong!

Thanks MSX80, your the shiz-nit!

Hi! Where I can find the link to the latest version? Thanks

Hey @Malou my version of the Mac version doesn't work. I get this error:

"Header checksum broken. Store was not closed correctly and might be corrupted. Use ' DBMaker.checksum.HeaderBypass() ' to recover your data. Use clean shutdown or enable transactions to protect the store in the future."

My specs are as follows

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)
Processor:     2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory:        16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Startup Disk:  Macintosh HD
Graphics:      Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB
               Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

First of all love the program!

I have an error on a model that has taken hours to generate instructions, it's still incomplete but I wanted to export a PDF to copy complicated assemblies on an adjacent side which I have been doing as there are similar assemblies.

When I have come to (Re) Generate from steps i would say 90% of the steps seem to work where others generate an error.

I have searched and searched for ghosted sub-groups? but I may be overlooking something.

from what I can make out there are at least 2 assemblies which generate the errors X1397 & X1172.

I have included a link to the blue-note file & error log as below via Google drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_79-jCq_i7dTNDnzj8w_s-g2a2yxQsXu/view?usp=sharing

Hopefully somebody can help, as I would be gutted to lose it all to not be able to generate steps.

Rendering assembly x6
Total mem after new page: 2857893888
Rendering assembly x10
Rendering assembly x1172
Rendering assembly x10
Rendering assembly x1397
Rendering assembly x1172
Rendering assembly x0
java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero

at blueprint.b.a.e.l(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.scene.bi.StepBox.a(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.a.d.a(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.a.c.a(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.a.c.b(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.Blueprint.a(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.a.h(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.a.a.t.a(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.a.a.a(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.Blueprint.doReflowButton(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$MethodHandler.invoke(FXMLLoader.java:1769)
        at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$ControllerMethodEventHandler.handle(FXMLLoader.java:1657)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:86)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:238)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:191)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventDispatcher.java:59)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:58)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(EventUtil.java:74)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:49)
        at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:198)
        at javafx.scene.Node.fireEvent(Node.java:8411)
        at javafx.scene.control.Button.fire(Button.java:185)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.behavior.ButtonBehavior.mouseReleased(ButtonBehavior.java:182)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.BehaviorSkinBase$1.handle(BehaviorSkinBase.java:96)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.BehaviorSkinBase$1.handle(BehaviorSkinBase.java:89)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler$NormalEventHandlerRecord.handleBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:218)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:80)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:238)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:191)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventDispatcher.java:59)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:58)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(EventUtil.java:74)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:54)
        at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:198)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.process(Scene.java:3757)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.access$1500(Scene.java:3485)
        at javafx.scene.Scene.impl_processMouseEvent(Scene.java:1762)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$ScenePeerListener.mouseEvent(Scene.java:2494)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:394)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:295)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.lambda$handleMouseEvent$353(GlassViewEventHandler.java:432)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.runWithoutRenderLock(QuantumToolkit.java:389)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.handleMouseEvent(GlassViewEventHandler.java:431)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.View.handleMouseEvent(View.java:555)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.View.notifyMouse(View.java:937)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$147(WinApplication.java:177)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

36 minutes ago, dspoonage said:

First of all love the program!

I have an error on a model that has taken hours to generate instructions, it's still incomplete but I wanted to export a PDF to copy complicated assemblies on an adjacent side which I have been doing as there are similar assemblies.

When I have come to (Re) Generate from steps i would say 90% of the steps seem to work where others generate an error.

I have searched and searched for ghosted sub-groups? but I may be overlooking something.

from what I can make out there are at least 2 assemblies which generate the errors X1397 & X1172.

I have included a link to the blue-note file & error log as below via Google drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_79-jCq_i7dTNDnzj8w_s-g2a2yxQsXu/view?usp=sharing

Hopefully somebody can help, as I would be gutted to lose it all to not be able to generate steps.

I just opened your file on my mac and had it generate steps with no issues. 

Actually I cant haha. I think your file is too big. I can definitely see some places to improve it but we can PM about that for sure. 

8 hours ago, supertruper1988 said:

Actually I cant haha. I think your file is too big. I can definitely see some places to improve it but we can PM about that for sure. 

I have just tried to PM you but it says I am not allowed. I assume it's because I am a new user. But thank you for confirming it isn't just my side.

Like I said it's a work in progress. It was only meant for me. As long as I can understand it to build it that's enough for me :).

When you say you think the file is too big? That's the thing it used to work. Is there a max amount of steps? It doesn't seem like a program that would?

I personally believe the data in my project has some wrong code somewhere I was hoping a Java guru could help?

11 hours ago, supertruper1988 said:

Could you upload your Blueprint install to dropbox or something so I could try someone else's version. For why mine is cocking up see above.

I'm loving this program so far, except I have run into a problem with my model. I'm 95% done configuring my steps, but my file will no longer save. Every time I load my design I end up with this text in my CMD prompt. I have no idea what this means, but it's causing me to be unable to save my work. It's quite a large build with a lot of steps, is there some sort of file size limit to the program? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

error code.png

44 minutes ago, Brickstogo said:

I'm loving this program so far, except I have run into a problem with my model. I'm 95% done configuring my steps, but my file will no longer save. Every time I load my design I end up with this text in my CMD prompt. I have no idea what this means, but it's causing me to be unable to save my work. It's quite a large build with a lot of steps, is there some sort of file size limit to the program? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

By default, Java limits the amount of memory it uses fairly severely.  The file you use to run Blueprint (blueprint.bat) probably has a line that looks like this:

java -Djava.library.path=native -jar bin\blueprint.jar

You need to add an option that raises the maximum amount of memory Java will use - something like this:

java -Xmx2048m -Djava.library.path=native -jar bin\blueprint.jar

That tells Java to use up to 2048 megabytes (2 gigabytes) of memory.  You probably have plenty of real memory, a 64-bit processor, and the 64-bit version of Java.  If you have a 64-bit CPU and aren't running the 64-bit version of Java, you should be.  If for some reason the value of 2048 still doesn't work for you, you can try lower values until it does.

50 minutes ago, iceleftd said:

By default, Java limits the amount of memory it uses fairly severely.  The file you use to run Blueprint (blueprint.bat) probably has a line that looks like this:

java -Djava.library.path=native -jar bin\blueprint.jar

You need to add an option that raises the maximum amount of memory Java will use - something like this:

java -Xmx2048m -Djava.library.path=native -jar bin\blueprint.jar

That tells Java to use up to 2048 megabytes (2 gigabytes) of memory.  You probably have plenty of real memory, a 64-bit processor, and the 64-bit version of Java.  If you have a 64-bit CPU and aren't running the 64-bit version of Java, you should be.  If for some reason the value of 2048 still doesn't work for you, you can try lower values until it does.

Thank you very much for your quick reply! I have been trying to figure out how to change this but I'm not great with this type of computer stuff, so bare with me please! 

The code that I have reads as follows:

@ECHO OFF
java -cp "bin/blueprint.jar" -Djava.library.path=native blueprint.Blueprint
pause

How would I alter this properly to make those changes? I tried changing the parameters within java directly but this didn't seem to solve the issue either.

Thanks again!

On 5/19/2018 at 8:03 PM, Brickstogo said:

Thank you very much for your quick reply! I have been trying to figure out how to change this but I'm not great with this type of computer stuff, so bare with me please! 

The code that I have reads as follows:

@ECHO OFF
java -cp "bin/blueprint.jar" -Djava.library.path=native blueprint.Blueprint
pause

How would I alter this properly to make those changes? I tried changing the parameters within java directly but this didn't seem to solve the issue either.

Thanks again!

Solved the issue. For anyone else having the same problem here is exactly what I did to solve it.

I created a shortcut of my Blueprint batch file, then right clicked to edit. Then I changed this text:

@ECHO OFF
java -cp "bin/blueprint.jar" -Djava.library.path=native blueprint.Blueprint
pause

By adding "-Xmx1024m" after the java text it worked! 

@ECHO OFF
java -Xmx1024m -cp "bin/blueprint.jar" -Djava.library.path=native blueprint.Blueprint
pause

I started with -Xmx2048m but that didn't work, so I lowered it to 1024 and it worked fine.

I hope this will help anyone with this problem in the future! 

Posted (edited)

Hey all,

I've made some posts here in the much earlier pages of this thread. Been using Blueprint in various build states for a while now, with some nice completed efforts. I'm working on instructions for something new now, and have run into a problem I never came across before due to the types of builds I was making. 

With a modular building the viewing box never changes... you might rotate the model a few times throughout a section, but never do you need to focus on different sections of the model.

My new project is a slight adaptation to the community released Barad Dur lxf from Ideas a couple years back. Much like a giant UCS model, the zoom required to see the parts means that certain sections of the model will go off-screen, outside the viewing box, as you progress along the length of the build. 

I seem to be hitting a bounding-box issue though, where no matter what dimensions I put in to my page settings, the amount of the model being rendered is always the same. 

I need to know if anyone has figured out a work-around for this issue... a method to 'focus' the camera on a specified 'mid-point' like you can in LDD by right-clicking a brick on the assembly.

It's not letting me link a drop-box image directly, but this link should be public: https://www.dropbox.com/s/esuiwbf1fz2imlu/blueprintboundingbox.jpg?dl=0

In this image my Page Settings are 2732x2048 (pixel dimensions of the largest iPad Pro which I use to build from) with 250%, 150%, 300% Assemblies, Parts, Text. If I increase the dimensions to say 4732x2048.... that bounding box around my assembly stays exactly the same... i just gain more dead space around it. Can I increase the size of the bounding box????

If not could it be added as an ini command?? 

Edit: right after posting this I went and fiddled around a bit more, the issue might be in part tied to my 60% zoom setting on left pane there. Zooming in to 100% shows why the bounding box is where it is. The question remains though, any way to focus where that box is looking? 

Edited by Zelgazra

hi here there are some errors when i use this program for creating instruction

can anyone help me how can fix them?

thanks

11.jpg

I would suggest showing us the full length of shown errors And at the very least,  the final error messages in total. It's hard to know what's wrong with a car if you only give us the door.

If you read thru the thread it seems you are experiencing the same memory error already discussed. Please try that and report back.

On 2/23/2018 at 8:08 AM, mfeldt said:

Crash when using part 76302 OUTERCABLE 80MM

[...]

New version! Yuhu! (1x1564.2)
Caching brick aliases..
OpenGL version:      3.2.0 NVIDIA 340.104
OpenGL vendor:       NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer:     GeForce 605/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL shading lang: 1.50 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
Loading brick 76302 OUTERCABLE 80MM
Flexing element 76302 OUTERCABLE 80MM
Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$MethodHandler.invoke(FXMLLoader.java:1774)

[...many more error lines...]

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at blueprint.b.b.a.a.b.b(Unknown Source)
	at blueprint.b.b.a.a.b.a(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.HashMap.computeIfAbsent(HashMap.java:1127)
	at blueprint.b.b.a.a.b.a(Unknown Source)
	at blueprint.b.b.a.a.a(Unknown Source)
	at blueprint.b.b.a.d(Unknown Source)
	at blueprint.b.b.a.b(Unknown Source)
	at blueprint.b.b.a.a(Unknown Source)
	... 48 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	... 56 more
Closing db.

That's really a pity, because to my taste, blueprint is the only tool which enables the efficient production of instructions that can really be used!

I just wanted to follow up and note that this was solved by making Blueprint use an updated version of the db.lif.

Now I have another question: Blueprint can highlight the current parts added in a particular step. Is there any way so influence the color used to highlight? I don't particularly fancy the pink....