msx80

[Software] Blueprint, a building instruction generator for LDD

On 2/23/2018 at 4:19 PM, supertruper1988 said:

If you would like to verfiy it as a bug, you can PM me about the file and I will see if I can get it to work on my computer. I also do not have frequent crashes both on my PC or Mac.

Done that. I'm running Linux, btw.

Edited by mfeldt

Hey all, I'm having some issues with heap memory running out.. I'm running windows 10 on an i7 with 16gb ram and it keeps siezing on me.. I'm building individual sections to a large building,  each file with between 1500 and 2300 pieces. Any specific issues with piece count I should know about? Or can I increase my heap memory somehow? 

Thanks in advance, this is kicking my butt!! But dudes.. Ace bit of software!  Let me know if you need specific lines of code. Don't have internet on the work comp, just phone and home. 

Hi Ben, do you specify the ram size that java can use?

In my blueprint.bat I have 

java  -Xmx2048m %java_option% -cp "%bluepath%bin/blueprint.jar" -Djava.library.path=%bluepath%native blueprint.Blueprint

not related, but java_option=-showversion

EDIT: I got this from URL:https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/108346-software-blueprint-a-building-instruction-generator-for-ldd/&page=14

Edited by Bert_zelf

14 hours ago, Bert_zelf said:

Hi Ben, do you specify the ram size that java can use?

In my blueprint.bat I have 

java  -Xmx2048m %java_option% -cp "%bluepath%bin/blueprint.jar" -Djava.library.path=%bluepath%native blueprint.Blueprint

not related, but java_option=-showversion

EDIT: I got this from URL:https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/108346-software-blueprint-a-building-instruction-generator-for-ldd/&page=14

Thanks heaps!! It didn't work,  but was a step to trying! It came up with this after I added it:

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for 2097152KB object heap

Press any key to continue . . . 

I'm a little perplexed really... 

I haven't modified the bat file before or played with any code, just been using the software flat chat. New to this side of things.. Sorry if I'm treading on old wounds by asking such noob questions! 

What’s your total memory?  Do you have other applications running?

(2097152KiB = 2048MiB = 2GiB)

12 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

What’s your total memory?  Do you have other applications running?

(2097152KiB = 2048MiB = 2GiB)

I have 16gb ram... But if I increase it further, will it make any difference to the heap memory? 

No other apps running.. 

“-Xmx2048m” is the option that tells Java to use 2GB of memory for its heap.  Here, it fails.

There could be several reasons why it fails.  The first one being that you don’t have enough memory.  With 16GB and no other application running, I think we can eliminate this case.

The next possibility is that your Java is 32bits, not 64bits.  So: Is your OS 64bits?  Is your Java 64bits?

Note that if you have both 64bits and 32bits Java installed, you can force the use of the 64bits with another option: “-d64”.

12 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

“-Xmx2048m” is the option that tells Java to use 2GB of memory for its heap.  Here, it fails.

There could be several reasons why it fails.  The first one being that you don’t have enough memory.  With 16GB and no other application running, I think we can eliminate this case.

The next possibility is that your Java is 32bits, not 64bits.  So: Is your OS 64bits?  Is your Java 64bits?

Note that if you have both 64bits and 32bits Java installed, you can force the use of the 64bits with another option: “-d64”.

Ahh,  thank you.. I'll look into that now.. 

Edited by Ben Andrews

13 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

OK, so I've installed the 64 bit Java so now system and program are both 64bit. 

Where do I insert the -d64?

9 hours ago, Ben Andrews said:

Where do I insert the -d64?

Anywhere on the “java …” line, e.g. right next the -Xmx option (don’t forget to leave spaces around it).

20 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

Anywhere on the “java …” line, e.g. right next the -Xmx option (don’t forget to leave spaces around it).

Thanks heaps for helping this poor noob!! ? it's been a team effort and I have learnt a ton,  this worked like a charm and everything is up and running. 

Thanks heaps everyone for keeping independent designers alive! 

Request functionality:

• Import file via Drag & Drop on application window
  • Design number for each element on Part List Page
  • Can arrange vertically or horizontally Part List Page
  • Named Colors in 'Select a color' dialog
  • Progress Bar or information 'Please wait. . .' nice to have
  • et cetera
Edited by Jarema

Hi all,  since last time I've made incredible progress and it's thanks to this community, particularly SylvainLS, Bert_zelf and msx80. 

I have another quandary for this incredible brains trust. 

The unit I'm working on is finished at the parts configuration stage, but then when I went into the page layout, it seems already set but without snap to grid.  So I tried to reset it with the snap to grid selected and after a regenerate page,  nothing had changed. Then I noticed it was not showing page 14 but 13 twice. So I tried a test render to see if it would proceed. It got to page 13 and stopped the render process. I then went back into parts configuration, step 14, copied the pieces, placed them Onto a new step and deleted the old page 14. When I went back into page layout it was doing the same thing and not showing any of the steps past 13.. I'm absolutely miffed. And a touch frustrated!

Hang on a second, I feel like someone mentioned something in here about ghost layers causing a conflict? Just gonna give that a shot. 

I'm trying to make instructions for a modular MOC, and I have successfully completed a bunch of modular instructions, but now the program just seems not to work anymore. I have a 2158 part model (first floor of the modular), and I have completed half of the instructions, but now I can't move parts and bricks are starting to disappear. I tried to increase heap space (as it's a memeory issue as you can see) but it hasn't worked. I have an Intel Core i7 with a 12 GB RAM. Please help me...

This is the error occurring

Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

at java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.<init>(Unknown Source)

at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocate(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.createPlatformImage(QuantumToolkit.java:1350)

at javafx.scene.image.Image.<init>(Image.java:744)

at javafx.scene.image.WritableImage.<init>(WritableImage.java:75)

at blueprint.opengl.a.a.b(Unknown Source)

at blueprint.opengl.d.a(Unknown Source)

at blueprint.opengl.d.b(Unknown Source)

at blueprint.opengl.d.b(Unknown Source)

at blueprint.opengl.d.a(Unknown Source)

at blueprint.b.b.a.b.d.a(Unknown Source)

at blueprint.c.f.recalculateImage(Unknown Source)

at blueprint.c.a.invalidateAllAssemblyImage(Unknown Source)

at blueprint.c.a.doInvalidateBetween(Unknown Source)

at blueprint.c.a.invalidateBetween(Unknown Source)

at blueprint.a.a.n.a(Unknown Source)

at blueprint.a.a.n.a(Unknown Source)

at blueprint.a.a.a(Unknown Source)

at blueprint.c.f.moveParts(Unknown Source)

at blueprint.c.d.a(Unknown Source)

at blueprint.c.d$$Lambda$408/26076541.handle(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:86)

at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:238)

at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:191)

at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:58)

at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)

at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(EventUtil.java:74)

at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:49)

at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:198)

at javafx.scene.control.MenuItem.fire(MenuItem.java:462)

at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.ContextMenuContent$MenuItemContainer.doSelect(ContextMenuContent.java:1405)

at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.ContextMenuContent$MenuItemContainer.lambda$createChildren$343(ContextMenuContent.java:1358)

@Giacinto: based on the error message it runs out of memory. Note that Java memory is by default less than your system memory. See the posts from SylvainLS above on how to fix this (-Xmx2048m, 64-bit Java, -d64).

I have followed what he said, but nothing has changed. I even inserted "12288m" as maximum heap space, which is my RAM, but uselessly.

Immagine.png

I read that the .bat file can be edited so as to solve this problem...but where can I find that file? I thought it was the "batch" file, but I couldn't find the right row to edit...

Edited by Giacinto Consiglio

0) Make sure you have Java 64 bits installed

1)I re-installed Blueprint

2)I opened the .batch file using notepad

3)I inserted -Xmx2048m in the row

4)I saved and closed

5) I opened Blueprint

6) Everything worked fine!

i have there a more silly question, how can i open the "blueprint.bat" file open in notepad

i don't have the option after right click "open with...." like i have with other file extensions

and when you say, "reinstall" i don't install it, its just a folder, where i open the blueprint.bat file

do i have the wrong software???

i also should mention, that i'm not too familiar with that, so a detailed explanation would be really appreciated

thank you 

Try:

• "modify" or something similar instead than "open with", if available.
  • Open the notepad and then drag and drop the icon of the batch file over it.

1 hour ago, Calabar said:

Try:

• "modify" or something similar instead than "open with", if available.
  • Open the notepad and then drag and drop the icon of the batch file over it.

thank you for your explanation

i was confused, because there are only three lines in the "notepad" once opening the bat file

i'm finally able to open my over 8000 pieces creation, the only thing, i don't see the steps, but i can generate the instruction and modify the layout. which doesn't help :wacko:

well, have to do floor by floor

thankfully, only three

On 1/25/2018 at 8:26 AM, msx80 said:

On 1/19/2018 at 5:09 AM, Tyke said:

Hi msx80, and Everybody,

Thanks msx80 for your amazing artwork and enthusiasm with supportting and developing BP. I noticed, that some cool settings can be done in blueprint.ini. Is any list of these settings? I make notes of page.color.0 and page.background. No more.

Thanks

Thanks! Uh no, there's not, but i'll see if i can extract one.

Hey @msx80 any chance you could export this list for us? 

Here it is, nothing beside the known stuff:

directory.export
directory.input
directory.open
directory.save
page.background
page.color.X
page.width
page.height
db.location