msx80

[Software] Blueprint, a building instruction generator for LDD

On 25/11/2017 at 8:26 AM, LvdH said:

I'm having a problem. It won't regenerate the instructions from the steps, it just stays the way it was. Anyone had this problem before, and if so, how did you fix it? I really don't want to redo it again (for the 3rd time...). I already updated Java.

For example, here I have a model as callout, so it should be on the same page as the complete model, but its got its own page, even if I regenerate from steps. Some of my other steps are just completely ignored.

\

Do you have any empty submodel sections? I find if I accidently create but not populate a submodel, it won't generate (or regenerate as the case may be) pages.

20 hours ago, theDeanoRama said:

Do you have any empty submodel sections? I find if I accidently create but not populate a submodel, it won't generate (or regenerate as the case may be) pages.

I don't remember, I just restarted it and it worked fine that time.

Anychance that this tool could be made Ldraw  or stud.io compatible?

Edited by Vegard

On 22/12/2017 at 10:37 PM, Vegard said:

Anychance that this tool could be made Ldraw  or stud.io compatible?

For Ldraw files, you can use Lpub3D.

I know, but as I wrote in the Lpub thread it is not a very good tool having to write commands.

@msx80 Just wanted to check in and say that I have started using Blueprint to create instructions for my models (see Flickr album). Just wanted to say that I find Blueprint quite intuitive and easy to use and in general a great tool. It creates quite high quality instructions with relatively little effort. Thanks for creating it.

@Malou Thanks for creating the Mac installer!

Am I right to assume that Blueprint is not actively maintained any more? Which would be a pity - but luckily the latest state is quite usable.

Just for completeness, one thing that I observed: I use the Mac / Malou version linked from the opening post. I could not find a way to access some menus in the step editor with the touchpad only, without a real mouse. Most notably, the context menu (which hosts add / remove steps and many other functions) only comes up with the left mouse click, not with the touchpad.

Other than that great tool. Especially impressive how it imports all the geometry from LDD. Thanks!

On 1/8/2018 at 4:18 AM, supertruper1988 said:

Have you tried using 2 finger click? It works for me on a Mid 2012 MacBook Pro

Indeed - secondary click was disabled for me in System Preferences, had to enable it first. But it works, thanks!

9 hours ago, Dornbi said:

Indeed - secondary click was disabled for me in System Preferences, had to enable it first. But it works, thanks!

Haha I am not sure I could even use the computer with out right/2-finger click. I use it all the time.

Hi msx80, and Everybody,

Thanks msx80 for your amazing artwork and enthusiasm with supportting and developing BP. I noticed, that some cool settings can be done in blueprint.ini. Is any list of these settings? I make notes of page.color.0 and page.background. No more.

Thanks