msx80

[Software] Blueprint, a building instruction generator for LDD

4 hours ago, kokkie20 said:

run the .bat file and it should launch :grin:

Thanks! But I am not sure how to run it? I tried and it doesn't do anything

Edited by Christopher Hill

1 hour ago, Christopher Hill said:

I have that open. And then I get an error and it says "press any key to continue" and closes :-(

Can you make screenshot upload it to as example imgur and place it here?

Then it is easier for us to help you with it, cause now we can only guess what is wrong :) 

Still experience the same issue. Windows 10, Blueprint 0026 and my graphics card is Intel Core i3-2130. I've attached a screenshot of the command line and of the error I get.

It's strange to me that Bluerender is working and Blueprint is not...

Any help very much appreciated. Thanks.

- John

image(2).png

image(1).png

3 hours ago, Fiver said:

Still experience the same issue. Windows 10, Blueprint 0026 and my graphics card is Intel Core i3-2130. I've attached a screenshot of the command line and of the error I get.

It's strange to me that Bluerender is working and Blueprint is not...

Any help very much appreciated. Thanks.

- John

I did some searching on internet and not sure if this will fix it, make sure you backup your drivers or get at least the installer for it ready when it go's wrong.

There seemed to be a problem with intel drivers on windows 10 combined with glfw

Patcher  <<< Found a "patcher" that may be a solution for this problem, tough not sure if it will work, but like i said above

Make sure you backup your drivers or have a installer ready for when it doesn't work correct

For the rest i have no clue how to fix this except you can try the patcher

Hi to everyone out there! first of all, many thanks to @msx80 for his great job with Blueprint and Bluerender. I'm trying to run Blueprint on a computer that doesn't have LDD installed (because my laptop where LDD and Bluerender are working fine seems to be not compatible with Blueprint). So my plan was to pick up from my laptop the Blueprint folder and the bricks database from LDD, copy them onto an USB stick and run it onto another computer, where I cannot install LDD. I've searched inside the LDD folders and the brick database seems to be located in the "Assets.lif" file (more than 800 mb in size). After having launched Blueprint, when I tried to select that file as database I cannot select it because the search window is "locked" onto a "db.lif" file name.

The weirdest thing is that last year I did this trick... and it worked fine!  I cannot understand why now it's not possible to do the same.

I simply tried to rename the "Asset.lif" in "db.lif" but the response was "Header checksum broken", that probably means that it's not the correct file. Honestly I don't remember if when it worked last year the original file in LDD was called db.lif or something different... but I cannot explain this fact.

Operating system is Windows 7, Blueprint version was 0019 (last year, when it was working) and now 0026. Computer is the same. LDD version is 4.3.10 with brick version 2248.1.

I'm pretty sure that isn't a common practice... But I have no other ways!

Thanks to all for your contribution, regards

Lorenzo

Hey guys,

I'm new on this forum. I love designing my own lego models but I happen to use Stud.io. My question is if Blueprint is compatible with Stud.io and how?

Regards

Edited by Rekken

Today I noticed something weird with blueprint. When I export the building instructions to pdf (v26) the quality of the images is much worst then in previous versions. (not sure which version exactly).

I checked with a building instruction I made a year ago and the images are much sharper. I used the same settings etc.

@msx80 Is this possible? Did something happen in the export feature? Or what can I do?

Cheers, Carl

11 hours ago, Carl86 said:

Today I noticed something weird with blueprint. When I export the building instructions to pdf (v26) the quality of the images is much worst then in previous versions. (not sure which version exactly).

I checked with a building instruction I made a year ago and the images are much sharper. I used the same settings etc.

@msx80 Is this possible? Did something happen in the export feature? Or what can I do?

Cheers, Carl

uhm the only thing that comes to mind: perhaps your Layout view is not zoomed at 100% ? I remember there was a bug that if you export stuff while zoomed in or out, he do some scaling and degrade quality

On 16/9/2017 at 8:54 PM, Rekken said:

Hey guys,

I'm new on this forum. I love designing my own lego models but I happen to use Stud.io. My question is if Blueprint is compatible with Stud.io and how?

Regards

Hi and welcome! Blueprint is not compatible with Stud.io. Stud.io uses LDraw library while Blueprint uses LDD's. There are conversion tools but i suggest to stick with a single side.

On 8/9/2017 at 3:59 PM, brickatecture said:

Thank you so much, best and easiest program I have used. you rock.

Thanks! :)

On 14/9/2017 at 12:37 PM, il brovia said:

Hi to everyone out there! first of all, many thanks to @msx80 for his great job with Blueprint and Bluerender. I'm trying to run Blueprint on a computer that doesn't have LDD installed (because my laptop where LDD and Bluerender are working fine seems to be not compatible with Blueprint). So my plan was to pick up from my laptop the Blueprint folder and the bricks database from LDD, copy them onto an USB stick and run it onto another computer, where I cannot install LDD. I've searched inside the LDD folders and the brick database seems to be located in the "Assets.lif" file (more than 800 mb in size). After having launched Blueprint, when I tried to select that file as database I cannot select it because the search window is "locked" onto a "db.lif" file name.

The weirdest thing is that last year I did this trick... and it worked fine!  I cannot understand why now it's not possible to do the same.

I simply tried to rename the "Asset.lif" in "db.lif" but the response was "Header checksum broken", that probably means that it's not the correct file. Honestly I don't remember if when it worked last year the original file in LDD was called db.lif or something different... but I cannot explain this fact.

Operating system is Windows 7, Blueprint version was 0019 (last year, when it was working) and now 0026. Computer is the same. LDD version is 4.3.10 with brick version 2248.1.

I'm pretty sure that isn't a common practice... But I have no other ways!

Thanks to all for your contribution, regards

Lorenzo

Hi, as others said, you should find db.lif in folder C:\Users\yourusename\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer in a PC with LDD installed. Copy it and, on the new PC, force the path on the C:\Users\yourusename\AppData\Roaming\\blueprint.ini with something like db.location=C:\myfolder\db.lif

6 hours ago, msx80 said:

uhm the only thing that comes to mind: perhaps your Layout view is not zoomed at 100% ? I remember there was a bug that if you export stuff while zoomed in or out, he do some scaling and degrade quality

You are correct, zooming out again to the full 100% solved the problem. I wasn't aware of this. Thanks!

6 hours ago, msx80 said:

Hi, as others said, you should find db.lif in folder C:\Users\yourusename\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer in a PC with LDD installed. Copy it and, on the new PC, force the path on the C:\Users\yourusename\AppData\Roaming\\blueprint.ini with something like db.location=C:\myfolder\db.lif

Going to repost my question again @msx80

Is it possible to save in the .ini file in appdata the settings for when rendering the pages?

Width
Height
Assemblies Zoom Percent
Parts Zoom Percent
Text field Zoom

Have to adjust them everytime and was hoping it could be setted to default one way or another 

On 25/9/2017 at 6:22 PM, kokkie20 said:

Going to repost my question again @msx80

Is it possible to save in the .ini file in appdata the settings for when rendering the pages?

Width
Height
Assemblies Zoom Percent
Parts Zoom Percent
Text field Zoom

Have to adjust them everytime and was hoping it could be setted to default one way or another 

hi there, indeed it should be useful, i'll see if i can add the next time i touch the program.

7 hours ago, msx80 said:

hi there, indeed it should be useful, i'll see if i can add the next time i touch the program.

Thank you :)

Thank you again for all your hard work you put into the program, and hopefully in the future more hard work in the program :D 

I have tried this out a bit on mac now and really like the way to set up steps from an LXF-file. Brilliant. But is there a way to export high-res, transparent images of the steps themselves? I want to create the instructions using Adobe InDesign, and I can't find a way to export high-res pictures of the step. 

@msx80

Is there any way to delete bricks when merging a design?

I tried to read trough the json in the .blueprint file but it is way to complicated for me to figure out where the specific part is tbh :(

@HenrikLego

You can always try to setup it to a bigger scale (the pages)

And then do some magic with exporting ;) Tough if i renember correct a few pages back there was a similar question to the background thing...

Edited by kokkie20

Hey @msx80 thanks for all of your hard work on this! I'm really impressed with this thing, but I do have a question. I have two sections of a model that are exactly the same, is there a way to combine them with a "2X" or something, without having to go through the steps twice? 

I've thought about manually editing the PDF at the end, but wondered if there is a better way.

Thanks again!

RB

If i renember correct, make submodel, place 1 set in the yellow part, place remaining parts in the white part and it should generate it with a 2x,if not try setting the submodel as callout. Play around with it :) 

16 hours ago, Rebel Builder said:

Hey @msx80 thanks for all of your hard work on this! I'm really impressed with this thing, but I do have a question. I have two sections of a model that are exactly the same, is there a way to combine them with a "2X" or something, without having to go through the steps twice? 

I've thought about manually editing the PDF at the end, but wondered if there is a better way.

Thanks again!

RB

Hi! Thanks RB! As kokkie20 said, there's a little hack that does just that, but only for callouts. One way to do that is making two submodels with the same set of pieces (make one nice and clean and the other just throw stuff in). Now each box should have a x2 below it. Select the ugly one and move it outside of the page :P done! For regular non-callout submodels you can't do that, but you can use the "add label" command on the layout page.

PS great youtube channel you have! :)

On 30/9/2017 at 7:51 AM, HenrikLego said:

I have tried this out a bit on mac now and really like the way to set up steps from an LXF-file. Brilliant. But is there a way to export high-res, transparent images of the steps themselves? I want to create the instructions using Adobe InDesign, and I can't find a way to export high-res pictures of the step. 

Thanks! Currently there's no way to export pictures. See kookie20 for some hack.

On 30/9/2017 at 1:37 PM, kokkie20 said:

@msx80

Is there any way to delete bricks when merging a design?

I tried to read trough the json in the .blueprint file but it is way to complicated for me to figure out where the specific part is tbh :(

no, you should delete them in LDD before the merge

13 hours ago, msx80 said:

Hi! Thanks RB! As kokkie20 said, there's a little hack that does just that, but only for callouts. One way to do that is making two submodels with the same set of pieces (make one nice and clean and the other just throw stuff in). Now each box should have a x2 below it. Select the ugly one and move it outside of the page :P done! For regular non-callout submodels you can't do that, but you can use the "add label" command on the layout page.

PS great youtube channel you have! :)

Hey, I really appreciate that you've seen my channel! Thanks for getting back to me about this, I will give it a try.

18 hours ago, kokkie20 said:

If i renember correct, make submodel, place 1 set in the yellow part, place remaining parts in the white part and it should generate it with a 2x,if not try setting the submodel as callout. Play around with it :) 

Okay, thanks for the tip! I will give it a shot.

Hi, when I click import lxf the program starts loading the pieces, but when it finishes nothing appears. does anyone tell me how to make it work? thank you

13 hours ago, dip88 said:

Hi, when I click import lxf the program starts loading the pieces, but when it finishes nothing appears. does anyone tell me how to make it work? thank you

Does it say something in the cmd screen?

If not and you want... send me in a pm the lxf file, ill try to see if i can import it :sweet: