msx80

[Software] Blueprint, a building instruction generator for LDD

Sorry, I'm getting an error just running it:

Operating system detected: Windows
Starting Blueprint v0021.. Good luck!
Current folder: C:\Users\skip\Local Apps\Blueprint0021
com.sleepycat.je.VersionMismatchException: (JE 4.0.92) C:\Users\skip\AppData\Roaming\BluerenderCache Expected log version 7 or earlier but found 11 VERSION_MISMATCH: The existing log was written with a version of JE that is later than the running version of JE, the log cannot be read. Environment is invalid and must be closed. Couldn't open file C:\Users\skip\AppData\Roaming\BluerenderCache\00000000.jdb
        at com.sleepycat.je.log.FileHeader.validate(Unknown Source)
        at com.sleepycat.je.log.FileManager.readAndValidateFileHeader(Unknown Source)
        at com.sleepycat.je.log.FileManager.openFileHandle(Unknown Source)
        at com.sleepycat.je.log.FileManager.getFileHandle(Unknown Source)
        at com.sleepycat.je.log.LastFileReader.startAtLastGoodFile(Unknown Source)
        at com.sleepycat.je.log.LastFileReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.sleepycat.je.recovery.RecoveryManager.findEndOfLog(Unknown Source)
        at com.sleepycat.je.recovery.RecoveryManager.recover(Unknown Source)
        at com.sleepycat.je.dbi.EnvironmentImpl.finishInit(Unknown Source)
        at com.sleepycat.je.dbi.DbEnvPool.getEnvironment(Unknown Source)
        at com.sleepycat.je.Environment.makeEnvironmentImpl(Unknown Source)
        at com.sleepycat.je.Environment.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.sleepycat.je.Environment.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.b.b.a.b.a(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.b.b.a.b.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.b.b.a.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.Blueprint.b(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.Blueprint.initApp(Unknown Source)
        at a.a.start(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$162(LauncherImpl.java:863)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$175(PlatformImpl.java:326)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$173(PlatformImpl.java:295)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$174(PlatformImpl.java:294)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$148(WinApplication.java:191)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

wops forgot something, just go to the folder C:\Users\skip\AppData\Roaming\  and delete the Bluerender or BluerenderCache folder and it should run

16 hours ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

I don't have that folder in that location. The error says "unable to use shared archive" previous versions worked ok.

Uhm perhaps you had bluerender open too? i think i messed up and used the same DB name. Anyway i'm changing the database engine i used to a simpler one soon, hopefully it wont complain too much

6 hours ago, Malou said:

FYI, tried the new version on Mac, managed to get a new error if it can help : https://gist.github.com/lcharette/e538fb0f01794e752d9b2b2ca08d1b51 

Also, see comment at bottom of Gist ;)

Interesting. Are you sure the java command pointed to the right native libraries ? I'll check if the code contains the opengl setup you suggest.

8 hours ago, Malou said:

FYI, tried the new version on Mac, managed to get a new error if it can help : https://gist.github.com/lcharette/e538fb0f01794e752d9b2b2ca08d1b51 

Also, see comment at bottom of Gist ;)

Ok so i just noticed they released a new version of lwjgl, so i tried updating the project. They now manage all native library automatically so it should "just work" (ahah it will not, but it's worth a try)

Could you test it? it can be found at the same link, zip is now about 16 megabytes.

10 hours ago, msx80 said:

Ok so i just noticed they released a new version of lwjgl, so i tried updating the project. They now manage all native library automatically so it should "just work" (ahah it will not, but it's worth a try)

Could you test it? it can be found at the same link, zip is now about 16 megabytes.

I did test it and got "no lwjgl in java.library.path". See previous Gist link for more details. 

On 11/11/2016 at 11:10 PM, Malou said:

I did test it and got "no lwjgl in java.library.path". See previous Gist link for more details. 

just as expected :) I'll reply in the gist

I have spent the past few days trying to find a good way to make instructions from LDD models and I must say, this program is amazing, it works great. Thanks so much for making this!

Amazing to see how this little app evolves in something AMAZINGLY useful. Can't wait to see & try next version!

I have few suggestions if I may - nothing terribly critical, more like "nice to have":

• ability to change the highlight color and/or opacity of the highlight color
  • align to left/top feature is awesome, would be great to get align to right and bottom, too
  • BOM (is pretty decent btw) - few options for grouping e.g. option for horizontal line up in addition to the current vertical, per color, per shape or something like that
  • ability to change preferences for the submodel - horizontal in addition to current vertical
  • ability to save preferences in regards to the page setup so that the setting don't reset each time the program is started (dimensions, zoom, highlights)
  • "File -> New" is kinda' missing
  • possibility of adding custom text in Page layout mode, or even draw arrows

PLEASE - don't take this as criticism, I am just thinking loudly here and spitting out few things which came to my mind, when using this program. Seriously, it's great so please keep up the good work.

PS: I would be definitely willing to spend few $$ if it was a paid program (final release, for a reasonable price, though ;))

Thanks!

Ladies and gentlemen, thanks to the help of Malou (and other testers before), i can present:

Y88Lz6w.jpeg

Blueprint on Mac! :) Stay tuned for a release soon!

Edited by msx80

Oh thank you Malou!

I look forward to this because I have been waiting to build my 13,000 GB firehouse with my son. I cannot just haul around my iMac to the living room. I appreciate this and look forward to seeing this work on a mac. 

3 hours ago, msx80 said:

i've prepared the new release here. Can anyone try it and confirm it works ?

Just tried it on my Mac (OS ver 10.10.5) running a 2009 iMac Pro and so far it's working using this command:

java -Djava.library.path=native -jar ./bin/blueprint.jar

Is the heading statement "Blueprint v000222 - Crashing on Mac too!" just a warning disclaimer?

I'll follow up if things are buggy, crash or I get stuck on things.

Miro

Edited by Miro78

Yup. That's the right command for Mac. Works on my iMac too. Should be able to post a .sh script and App Bundle later ;)

This did not work for me on Win7 64 bit. Version 21 does. Im not sure how to post any kind of reports but If you have a guide i'd be happy to give it a shot to get you any info you need.

On 12/7/2016 at 6:14 PM, Malou said:

For MacOS, you can use this .command file. It should do the same thing as the windows .bat file. You still need Java JDK installed for it to work : 

http://dl.bbqsoftwares.com/LDD/blueprint_MacOS.command.zip

Or you can use this nice (but heavy) MacOS App Bundle that contain the Java JRE : http://dl.bbqsoftwares.com/LDD/Blueprint0022.dmg

This works great! any chance you could wrap blue render as well?

Hi @all,

Bluerender 021 and 022 don´t work properly on my machine (Win7 32bit, HP Desktop). i can´t make a export to PDF . Version 018 works fine......

copy from cmd window:

Exporting as PDF
Exporting page 1/60
Rendering assembly x2
Rendering assembly x6
Rendering assembly x10
Rendering assembly x14
Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" java.lang.RuntimeException: java
.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$MethodHandler.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$ControllerMethodEventHandler.handle(Unknown So
urce)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unkn
own Source)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unknow
n Source)
n Source)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(U
nknown Source)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Sourc
e)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(Unknown Sou
rce)
e)
rce)
e)
rce)
e)
rce)
e)
rce)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.scene.Node.fireEvent(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.scene.control.Button.fire(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.behavior.ButtonBehavior.mouseReleased(Un
known Source)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.BehaviorSkinBase$1.handle(Unknown S
ource)
ource)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler$NormalEventHandlerRecord.h
andleBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
own Source)
n Source)
n Source)
nknown Source)
e)
rce)
e)
rce)
e)
rce)
e)
rce)
e)
rce)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.process(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.access$1500(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.scene.Scene.impl_processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$ScenePeerListener.mouseEvent(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotificatio
n.run(Unknown Source)
n.run(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.lambda$handleMouseEve
nt$355(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.runWithoutRenderLock(Unknown
 Source)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.handleMouseEvent(Unkn
own Source)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.View.handleMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.View.notifyMouse(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$149(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.invoke(Unknown Source)
        ... 57 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: ExceptionConverter: java.io.IOException:
The document has no pages.
        at blueprint.Blueprint.a(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.Optional.ifPresent(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.Blueprint.doExportImages(Unknown Source)
        ... 66 more
Caused by: ExceptionConverter: java.io.IOException: The document has no pages.
Caused by: java.io.IOException: The document has no pages.
        at com.itextpdf.text.pdf.PdfPages.writePageTree(Unknown Source)
        at com.itextpdf.text.pdf.PdfWriter.close(Unknown Source)
        at com.itextpdf.text.pdf.PdfDocument.close(Unknown Source)
        at com.itextpdf.text.Document.close(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.d.e.b(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.Optional.ifPresent(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.Blueprint.doExportImages(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$MethodHandler.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$ControllerMethodEventHandler.handle(Unknown So
urce)
own Source)
n Source)
n Source)
nknown Source)
e)
rce)
e)
rce)
e)
rce)
e)
rce)
e)
rce)
        at javafx.scene.Node.fireEvent(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.scene.control.Button.fire(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.behavior.ButtonBehavior.mouseReleased(Un
known Source)
ource)
ource)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler$NormalEventHandlerRecord.h
andleBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
own Source)
n Source)
n Source)
nknown Source)
e)
rce)
e)
rce)
e)
rce)
e)
rce)
e)
rce)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.process(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.access$1500(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.scene.Scene.impl_processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
        at javafx.scene.Scene$ScenePeerListener.mouseEvent(Unknown Source)
n.run(Unknown Source)
n.run(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.lambda$handleMouseEve
nt$355(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.runWithoutRenderLock(Unknown
 Source)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.handleMouseEvent(Unkn
own Source)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.View.handleMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.View.notifyMouse(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$149(Unknown Source)
Closing db.
Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .