msx80

[Software] Blueprint, a building instruction generator for LDD

Hi, the xN are generated when it detects that the number of parts in the step are a multiple of that in the callout (iirc), which is a feature i used on my local working copy that somehow entered into the release :D It's useful when you have two identical callout and you just want to display one with a x2 under it. The idea is to remove the second callout and the second x2 and only keep one copy. To remove stuff, simply move it outside the page (very tecnical solution, i know :P).

The callout always appear on the right of the assembly one after the other, there's no layouting logic.

I am satisfied with the customer service I received and I will continue to use this software.

Has there been any more updates regarding the OpenGL Mac issue? Version 19 seems tantalisingly close I can almost feel the "click" of bricks.

I've just found this wonderful tool of yours and it seems the best choice for me. I dread having to "rebuild" my current +660 brick model for LPub.

Hi everyone,

is there a chance to work with blueprint / Bluerender in Linux (Kubuntu 16.04). LDD works fine in Wine..... but Blueprint and Bluerender nope.

tec6666

Bluerender and Blueprint work fine on Linux here.

I have to use Oracle’s JRE, the OpenJDK/OpenJRE has problems with the signature.

For Bluerender, just create a shell file to replace the batch file, with something like that:

#!/bin/sh
cd /blah/Bluerender0006
exec java -cp "bin/*" bluerender.Bluerender

For Blueprint, besides a similar shell, I think I had to create/modify the ~/.blueprint.ini file to add the db.lif path:

db.location=/blah/db.lif

I have a model with two identicial submodels, and I would to get instructions for only one with a 2x besides. How do we generate this?

Thanks!

Very good piece of software, easy to use and produces great results.

Example

The only gripe I have is the auto build should maybe have a off setting, its much easier from me to pull parts off the complete model than go hunting for them, btw is there a way to consolidate all parts in one action?

I have a few questions:

1: How do I create/delete pages in the Page Layout section? It doesn't seem like there's a way to do that simply by clicking around, unless I'm missing a keyboard shortcut or something.

2: How do I prevent the parts list on the last page from smushing together, so to say? This is part of the reason why I want to add another page, so I can redistribute the listings without extending the width.

Aside from still having to deal with the oftentimes baffling default instruction order that LDD creates, I think this is a really great, helpful software, as it really allows you a lot of customization. Perhaps I should have started with a smaller model first, but it's a program that I'll continue to use; great work!

Edited by Dragon_Master_48

Hi msx80,

I love this software and have used it for a while, and I wanted to alert you to a bug I'm having in v19 that doesn't seem to be present in previous releases.

Hitting the "(Re)Generate from steps" button doesn't seem to do anything anymore. In addition, hitting "Regenerate page" will sometimes cause a whole step to be removed from the instructions (I'm missing steps 16, 22, and 34-35 after hitting that button on each page).

Going back and hitting these buttons in v18 and earlier works just fine, so I'm wondering what may have changed to cause the issue.

Thanks,

Dave

Hey msx80, here is the error that occurs in the console window when hitting "(Re)Generate from steps":

java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero

at blueprint.b.a.e.l(Unknown Source)

at blueprint.scene.bi.StepBox.a(Unknown Source)

at blueprint.a.d.a(Unknown Source)

at blueprint.a.c.a(Unknown Source)

at blueprint.a.c.a(Unknown Source)

at blueprint.Blueprint.a(Unknown Source)

at blueprint.a.h(Unknown Source)

at blueprint.a.a.o.a(Unknown Source)

at blueprint.a.a.a(Unknown Source)

at blueprint.Blueprint.doReflowButton(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.misc.Trampoline.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.misc.MethodUtil.invoke(Unknown Source)

at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$MethodHandler.invoke(FXMLLoader.java:1769)

at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$ControllerMethodEventHandler.handle(FXMLLoader.java:1657)

at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:86)

at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:238)

at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:191)

at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventDispatcher.java:59)

at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:58)

at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)

at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)

at com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(EventDispatchChainImpl.java:114)

at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:56)

at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(EventUtil.java:74)

at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:49)

at javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Event.java:198)

at javafx.scene.Node.fireEvent(Node.java:8411)

at javafx.scene.control.Button.fire(Button.java:185)

at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.behavior.ButtonBehavior.mouseReleased(ButtonBehavior.java:182)

at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.BehaviorSkinBase$1.handle(BehaviorSkinBase.java:96)

at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.BehaviorSkinBase$1.handle(BehaviorSkinBase.java:89)

at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler$NormalEventHandlerRecord.handleBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:218)

at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:80)

at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:238)

at com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(EventHandlerManager.java:191)

at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventDispatcher.java:59)

at com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(BasicEventDispatcher.java:58)

at com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(EventUtil.java:54)

at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.process(Scene.java:3757)

at javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.access$1500(Scene.java:3485)

at javafx.scene.Scene.impl_processMouseEvent(Scene.java:1762)

at javafx.scene.Scene$ScenePeerListener.mouseEvent(Scene.java:2494)

at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:380)

at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:294)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.lambda$handleMouseEvent$354(GlassViewEventHandler.java:416)

at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.runWithoutRenderLock(QuantumToolkit.java:389)

at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.handleMouseEvent(GlassViewEventHandler.java:415)

at com.sun.glass.ui.View.handleMouseEvent(View.java:555)

at com.sun.glass.ui.View.notifyMouse(View.java:937)

at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)

at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$148(WinApplication.java:191)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Hello,

This is a great editor! I was wondering if we can add a rotation feature so that the model will be rotated the same for all subsequent steps or a selected group of steps? I am in need of doing steps that are on the top then the bottom and its not nice to have to rotate for each step.

New Feature if possible : Move step N times. I had a callout that was put as the last step, and it needed to be the first step. Moving it a couple of steps at a time would be useful.

Hi All,

Manage to use this fine on my windows PC, but have since swapped to MAC  (OSX Sierra 10.12).  I managed to get Bluerender working fine following the thread topic for Mac but cannot get Blueprint to run.

I am trying to script it like I did with Blurender and am using :

cd ~/Desktop/Blueprint0019
java -Djava.library.path=native -jar ./bin/blueprint.jar

ERROR IS AS BELOW

Operating system detected: MacOS

Starting Blueprint v0.0.1.9beta.. Good luck!

Current folder: /Users/Ben-Admin/Desktop/Blueprint0019

Exception in Application start method

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplicationWithArgs(LauncherImpl.java:389)

at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication(LauncherImpl.java:328)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper$FXHelper.main(LauncherHelper.java:767)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in Application start method

at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherImpl.java:917)

at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication$155(LauncherImpl.java:182)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/itextpdf/text/Element

at blueprint.Blueprint.b(Unknown Source)

at blueprint.Blueprint.initApp(Unknown Source)

at c.a.start(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$162(LauncherImpl.java:863)

at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$175(PlatformImpl.java:326)

at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$173(PlatformImpl.java:295)

at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$174(PlatformImpl.java:294)

at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.itextpdf.text.Element

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)

... 9 more

Exception running application blueprint.Blueprint

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

Deleting expired sessions...none found.

[Process completed]

Any ideas on how I can get around this ??

9 hours ago, BennyT19 said:

Hi All,

Manage to use this fine on my windows PC, but have since swapped to MAC  (OSX Sierra 10.12).  I managed to get Bluerender working fine following the thread topic for Mac but cannot get Blueprint to run.

I am trying to script it like I did with Blurender and am using :

cd ~/Desktop/Blueprint0019
java -Djava.library.path=native -jar ./bin/blueprint.jar

ERROR IS AS BELOW

Operating system detected: MacOS

Current folder: /Users/Ben-Admin/Desktop/Blueprint0019

Exception in Application start method

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplicationWithArgs(LauncherImpl.java:389)

at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication(LauncherImpl.java:328)

at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper$FXHelper.main(LauncherHelper.java:767)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in Application start method

at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherImpl.java:917)

at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication$155(LauncherImpl.java:182)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/itextpdf/text/Element

at blueprint.Blueprint.b(Unknown Source)

at blueprint.Blueprint.initApp(Unknown Source)

at c.a.start(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$162(LauncherImpl.java:863)

at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$175(PlatformImpl.java:326)

at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$173(PlatformImpl.java:295)

at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$174(PlatformImpl.java:294)

at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.itextpdf.text.Element

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)

... 9 more

Exception running application blueprint.Blueprint

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

Deleting expired sessions...none found.

[Process completed]

Any ideas on how I can get around this ??

I am getting the same message, minus the "logout" and the rest that follows.

1 hour ago, Malou said:

So far it doesn't work on Mac. Never got it to run.

Thanks for the info update. I have read the whole thread and sad to hear that going on 2 years with no Mac OS solution.

If anyone has a solution for Mac users, please let us know. Currently I am using Bricksmith with LPub, but would like a better solution since LPub is quite limited and Bricksmith/LDraw's annoying issues/features.

Miro

First post here. I hope you guys allow folks from 'Merica here!

I built a cool robot for FIRST Lego League in LDD and went to generate build instructions for it with LDD and wow, was I disappointed. I started thinking, some smart guy must have built a better instruction generator by now, so go check the interwebs. And I found this! Looked at the screenshots and yes, it looks PERFECT. Installed it and tried opening the lxf model.

Crash! :(

Here's the console text:

Operating system detected: Windows
Current folder: C:\Users\skip\Local Apps\Blueprint0019
Initializing database..
Cache is up to date.
OpenGL version:      3.2.0 NVIDIA 368.20
OpenGL vendor:       NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer:     GeForce GTX 650/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL shading lang: 1.50 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
Loading brick 74043 MS SMALL TACHO MOTOR HOUSING,V
Loading brick 92911 POWER JOINT
Loading brick 6558 CONNECTOR PEG W. FRICTION 3M
Loading brick 32009 DOUBLE ANGULAR BEAM 3X7 45°
Loading brick 32523 TECHNIC 3M BEAM
Loading brick 2780 CONNECTOR PEG W. FRICTION
Loading brick 32278 TECHNIC 15M BEAM
Loading brick 99948 STEEL BALL
Loading brick 3737 CROSS AXLE 10M
Loading brick 3707 CROSS AXLE 8M
Loading brick 41239 TECHNIC 13M BEAM
Loading brick 59158 FUNC. MOTOR ?40, OUTPUT DRIVE
Loading brick 43093 CONN.BUSH W.FRIC./CROSSALE
Loading brick 40490 TECHNIC 9M BEAM
Loading brick 32316 TECHNIC 5M BEAM
Loading brick 32073 CROSS AXLE 5M
Loading brick 32270 DOUBLE CONICAL WHEEL Z12 1M
Loading brick 64179 BEAM FRAME 5X7 ? 4.85
Loading brick 44294 CROSS AXLE 7M
Loading brick 32054 2M FRIC. SNAP W/CROSS HOLE
Loading brick 32525 TECHNIC 11M BEAM
Loading brick 32556 3M CONNECTOR PEG
Loading brick 50951 TYRE LOW NARROW ?14.58 X 6.24
Loading brick 42610 HUB ?11,2 X 7,84
Loading brick 41678 TECHNIC CROSS BLOCK/FORK 2X2
Loading brick 64178 BEAM H. FRAME 5X11 ?4.85
Loading brick 32524 TECHNIC 7M BEAM
Loading brick 32062 2M CROSS AXLE W. GROOVE
Loading brick 95650 MS, EV3, SENSOR, COLOUR
Loading brick 4519 CROSS AXLE 3M
Loading brick 32184 DOUBLE CROSS BLOCK
Loading brick 6590 BUSH FOR CROSS AXLE
Loading brick 54725 Output drive
Loading brick 60410 RJ12 STIK - VIRTUEL
Loading brick 74042 MS TACHO MOTOR HOUSING,VIRTUEL
Loading brick 55615 Angular beam 90degr. w.4 snaps
Loading brick 60485 CROSS AXLE 9M
Loading brick 56908 RIM WIDE 43,2X26 W 6 HOL.? 4.8
Loading brick 95646 MS-EV3, P-BRICK
Loading brick 41897 TYRE LOW WIDE ?56 X 28
Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$MethodHandler.invoke(FXMLLoader.java:1774)
        at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$ControllerMethodEventHandler.handle(FXMLLoader.java:1657)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:86)
        at javafx.scene.control.MenuItem.fire(MenuItem.java:462)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.ContextMenuContent$MenuItemContainer.doSelect(ContextMenuContent.java:1405)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.ContextMenuContent$MenuItemContainer.lambda$createChildren$343(ContextMenuContent.java:1358)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler$NormalEventHandlerRecord.handleBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:218)
        at com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(CompositeEventHandler.java:80)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:380)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(GlassViewEventHandler.java:294)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.lambda$handleMouseEvent$354(GlassViewEventHandler.java:416)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.runWithoutRenderLock(QuantumToolkit.java:389)
        at com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.handleMouseEvent(GlassViewEventHandler.java:415)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        ... 43 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2
        at blueprint.Blueprint.c(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.Blueprint.onImportLXF(Unknown Source)
        ... 53 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2
        at blueprint.b.b.a.b.b(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.b.b.a.a(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceTask.doLeaf(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.stream.AbstractTask.compute(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.CountedCompleter.exec(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.doExec(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.helpComplete(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.externalHelpComplete(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.externalAwaitDone(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.doInvoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateParallel(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.collect(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.b.b.a.d(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.b.b.a.b(Unknown Source)
        ... 55 more
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source)
        ... 77 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2
        at blueprint.b.b.a.a.a(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.b.b.a.b.c(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
        ... 1 more
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2
        at blueprint.opengl.b.b.a(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.opengl.b.e.a(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.opengl.b.e.b(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.opengl.b.d.a(Unknown Source)
        ... 6 more

Any suggestions?

Skip

22 hours ago, Miro78 said:

I am getting the same message, minus the "logout" and the rest that follows.

Thanks for the info update. I have read the whole thread and sad to hear that going on 2 years with no Mac OS solution.

If anyone has a solution for Mac users, please let us know. Currently I am using Bricksmith with LPub, but would like a better solution since LPub is quite limited and Bricksmith/LDraw's annoying issues/features.

Miro

Hi there, i did what i could to make it run on Mac, but i don't own one and developing and debugging it was impossible. I tryed with the help of some users but debugging "by corrispondence" is very hard and we couldn't solve the problem

51 minutes ago, MrGibbage said:

First post here. I hope you guys allow folks from 'Merica here!

I built a cool robot for FIRST Lego League in LDD and went to generate build instructions for it with LDD and wow, was I disappointed. I started thinking, some smart guy must have built a better instruction generator by now, so go check the interwebs. And I found this! Looked at the screenshots and yes, it looks PERFECT. Installed it and tried opening the lxf model.

Crash! :(

Here's the console text:

Operating system detected: Windows
Current folder: C:\Users\skip\Local Apps\Blueprint0019
Initializing database..
Cache is up to date.
OpenGL version:      3.2.0 NVIDIA 368.20
OpenGL vendor:       NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer:     GeForce GTX 650/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL shading lang: 1.50 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
Loading brick 74043 MS SMALL TACHO MOTOR HOUSING,V
Loading brick 92911 POWER JOINT
Loading brick 6558 CONNECTOR PEG W. FRICTION 3M
Loading brick 32009 DOUBLE ANGULAR BEAM 3X7 45°
Loading brick 32523 TECHNIC 3M BEAM
Loading brick 2780 CONNECTOR PEG W. FRICTION
Loading brick 32278 TECHNIC 15M BEAM
Loading brick 99948 STEEL BALL
Loading brick 3737 CROSS AXLE 10M
Loading brick 3707 CROSS AXLE 8M
Loading brick 41239 TECHNIC 13M BEAM
Loading brick 59158 FUNC. MOTOR ?40, OUTPUT DRIVE
Loading brick 43093 CONN.BUSH W.FRIC./CROSSALE
Loading brick 40490 TECHNIC 9M BEAM
Loading brick 32316 TECHNIC 5M BEAM
Loading brick 32073 CROSS AXLE 5M
Loading brick 32270 DOUBLE CONICAL WHEEL Z12 1M
Loading brick 64179 BEAM FRAME 5X7 ? 4.85
Loading brick 44294 CROSS AXLE 7M
Loading brick 32054 2M FRIC. SNAP W/CROSS HOLE
Loading brick 32525 TECHNIC 11M BEAM
Loading brick 32556 3M CONNECTOR PEG
Loading brick 50951 TYRE LOW NARROW ?14.58 X 6.24
Loading brick 42610 HUB ?11,2 X 7,84
Loading brick 41678 TECHNIC CROSS BLOCK/FORK 2X2
Loading brick 64178 BEAM H. FRAME 5X11 ?4.85
Loading brick 32524 TECHNIC 7M BEAM
Loading brick 32062 2M CROSS AXLE W. GROOVE
Loading brick 95650 MS, EV3, SENSOR, COLOUR
Loading brick 4519 CROSS AXLE 3M
Loading brick 32184 DOUBLE CROSS BLOCK
Loading brick 6590 BUSH FOR CROSS AXLE
Loading brick 54725 Output drive
Loading brick 60410 RJ12 STIK - VIRTUEL
Loading brick 74042 MS TACHO MOTOR HOUSING,VIRTUEL
Loading brick 55615 Angular beam 90degr. w.4 snaps
Loading brick 60485 CROSS AXLE 9M
Loading brick 56908 RIM WIDE 43,2X26 W 6 HOL.? 4.8
Loading brick 95646 MS-EV3, P-BRICK
Loading brick 41897 TYRE LOW WIDE ?56 X 28
Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader$MethodHandler.invoke(FXMLLoader.java:1774)
        at javafx.scene.control.MenuItem.fire(MenuItem.java:462)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.ContextMenuContent$MenuItemContainer.doSelect(ContextMenuContent.java:1405)
        at com.sun.javafx.scene.control.skin.ContextMenuContent$MenuItemContainer.lambda$createChildren$343(ContextMenuContent.java:1358)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        ... 43 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2
        at blueprint.Blueprint.c(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.Blueprint.onImportLXF(Unknown Source)
        ... 53 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2
        at blueprint.b.b.a.b.b(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.stream.AbstractTask.compute(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.CountedCompleter.exec(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.doExec(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.helpComplete(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.externalHelpComplete(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.externalAwaitDone(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.doInvoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateParallel(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.collect(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.b.b.a.d(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.b.b.a.b(Unknown Source)
        ... 55 more
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source)
        ... 77 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2
        at blueprint.b.b.a.a.a(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.b.b.a.b.c(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
        ... 1 more
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2
        at blueprint.opengl.b.b.a(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.opengl.b.e.a(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.opengl.b.e.b(Unknown Source)
        at blueprint.opengl.b.d.a(Unknown Source)
        ... 6 more

Any suggestions?

Skip

That kind of error is usually from opening a file made with a previous version of LDD while using a recent version of LDD with Blueprint. If this is the case, you could try opening and resaving the file. Otherwise you could send it to me and i'll take a look at the problem.

I am using LDD 4.3. I did try resaving the file in LDD but no joy. I feel like Blueprint is finding the same LDD that I am using because if I forget to close LDD, I do get the error that I need to close it (just in case Blueprint is finding an older version of LDD that I still had installed--doesn't seem to be the case here).

Here's the lxf file:

http://pelorus.org/files/MechanicalSquirrelsRegionalRobot2016.lxf

6 hours ago, msx80 said:

Hi there, i did what i could to make it run on Mac, but i don't own one and developing and debugging it was impossible. I tryed with the help of some users but debugging "by corrispondence" is very hard and we couldn't solve the problem

And it's hard to debug on my macs without the source code ^^. FYI, I just tested again and it still the same error as before.

16 hours ago, MrGibbage said:

I am using LDD 4.3. I did try resaving the file in LDD but no joy. I feel like Blueprint is finding the same LDD that I am using because if I forget to close LDD, I do get the error that I need to close it (just in case Blueprint is finding an older version of LDD that I still had installed--doesn't seem to be the case here).

Here's the lxf file:

http://pelorus.org/files/MechanicalSquirrelsRegionalRobot2016.lxf

Indeed there's something that breaks blueprint in this, i was able to reproduce the crash. Give me a couple of days and i should be able to fix it

1 hour ago, msx80 said:

Indeed there's something that breaks blueprint in this, i was able to reproduce the crash. Give me a couple of days and i should be able to fix it

Take your time. :)

I really appreciate you looking into it though! I tried it with a few other files I have and it worked perfectly. I am confident it will be exactly what I need to make some nice build instructions.

The problematic part is 95646, ie the Ev3 P-Brick. It has some weird geometry that breaks an algorithm of my program.

Anyway, i packaged the next relase, if anyone wants to give it a try before it goes public, it's here

Let me know if anything doesn't work