msx80

[Software] Blueprint, a building instruction generator for LDD

Ok i gave it a quick look: in your case the problem was part 85984, it now has two surfaces but still uses a single "material" attribute in LXF. I'll correct by "spreading" the main color into the rest of the surfaces.

Ah, I see. The parts now supports printing. Is that why? So, how do I "spread" the main color?

Ah, I see. The parts now supports printing. Is that why? So, how do I "spread" the main color?

Yes, when a part has printing or is multicolored, its geometry is cut into different sections (surfaces) becouse each surface can only have one color/decoration. Usually when a part has N surfaces, it should have N color/deco attributes, but in this case the LXF only lists one. You don't have to do anything, i'll correct the code to perform the operation. If you want, you could try opening and re-saving the LFX with the new LDD, perhaps putting a random deco on the brick. That should force the LXF to have correct values.

I cannot give a release date but it should be soon

Yes, when a part has printing or is multicolored, its geometry is cut into different sections (surfaces) becouse each surface can only have one color/decoration. Usually when a part has N surfaces, it should have N color/deco attributes, but in this case the LXF only lists one. You don't have to do anything, i'll correct the code to perform the operation. If you want, you could try opening and re-saving the LFX with the new LDD, perhaps putting a random deco on the brick. That should force the LXF to have correct values.

I cannot give a release date but it should be soon

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation. I think I'm gonna wait until the next blueprint updates comes out. I'm in no hurry.

With this version, there's some progress on Mac side!

New error:

iMac-de-Louis:Blueprint0019 malou$ java -cp "bin/*" -Djava.library.path=natlueprint.Blueprint
Operating system detected: MacOS
Starting Blueprint v0.0.1.9beta.. Good luck!
Current folder: /Users/malou/Downloads/Blueprint0019
Initializing database..
Cache is up to date.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: GLFW error [0x10007]: NSGL: The targeted version of OS X only supports core profile contexts for OpenGL 3.2 and above
at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFWErrorCallback$4.invoke(GLFWErrorCallback.java:170)
at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFWErrorCallback.callback(GLFWErrorCallback.java:51)
at org.lwjgl.system.JNI.invokeIIPPPP(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.nglfwCreateWindow(GLFW.java:1168)
at org.lwjgl.glfw.GLFW.glfwCreateWindow(GLFW.java:1251)
at blueprint.opengl.a.c(Unknown Source)
at blueprint.opengl.a.<init>(Unknown Source)
at blueprint.opengl.d.<init>(Unknown Source)
at blueprint.opengl.b.<init>(Unknown Source)
at blueprint.b.b.a.a(Unknown Source)
at blueprint.Blueprint.b(Unknown Source)
at blueprint.Blueprint.initApp(Unknown Source)
at c.a.start(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$162(LauncherImpl.java:863)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$175(PlatformImpl.java:326)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$173(PlatformImpl.java:295)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$174(PlatformImpl.java:294)
at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)

YB9ZcLQ.png

EDIT: Some info I found, here too

Edited by Malou

yeah i have indeed update LWJGL opengl bindings. I'll look into the article, maybe messing with the opengl version requirements can unlock something

Hey again guys. I don't check this forum very regularly yet, as my primary source of interest in this thread and the impending Mac version of the app. I've recently placed orders for parts to build my MOC, however I don't have instructions yet! I'll try to check in here to keep up to date, but if Malou or anyone makes a breakthrough, is there a chance someone might be able to PM me with a notification? Would be greatly appreciated! Keep up the great efforts MSX80, excellent stuff you're doing here!

Hey again guys. I don't check this forum very regularly yet, as my primary source of interest in this thread and the impending Mac version of the app. I've recently placed orders for parts to build my MOC, however I don't have instructions yet! I'll try to check in here to keep up to date, but if Malou or anyone makes a breakthrough, is there a chance someone might be able to PM me with a notification? Would be greatly appreciated! Keep up the great efforts MSX80, excellent stuff you're doing here!

Hey Zelgazra,

If you click the "Follow this topic" button on the top right of the page, you will receive notifications on updates of this topic in your mailbox.

Anyone could give me a piece of advice. I try to render my ldd files whit this, and I have the java 8. But I get this everytime I try to render: Java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsExcpetion:1

Captain Becker

Anyone could give me a piece of advice. I try to render my ldd files whit this, and I have the java 8. But I get this everytime I try to render: Java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsExcpetion:1

Captain Becker

Please download version 19. Also, if you want to render you probably need Bluerender, not Blueprint

Awesome tool, was really looking for this! Although I'm still waiting for a working OSX version, I'm gladly using it on Windows.

I have one question about callouts though. I keep getting strange numbers under my callouts, For example 1 have 4 very easy submodels sequentially marked as callouts. I would expect a render with 4 boxes around the model.

Instead of this I get 4 boxes rendered on top of each other with "x7" under each box.

The fact they're rendered on top of each other is easy to fix in the page setup, but the "x7" is strange.

post-118320-0-29168700-1458836769_thumb.png

Is this outpot a bug or am I using this feature incorrectly?

I would love to be able to indicate two of these submodels are identical (with a "x2" under them).

Coincidentally I have several single submodels marked as callout, but all of them have "x2" or "x3" under them.

It's been quiet here for a few days....Saw there was a system Java update for Mac last week. Did this provide any progress for us?

I am new to the forum, new to the LDD - basically new to everitrhing you discuss here. But I do my best :)

Did a design in LDD, created an instruction with it, but its rubbish. I have found Blueprint, downloaded it to my PC, but I had no success starting it. Everytime I try, Something unexpected and ugly happens. I did a print screen, but I don't know how to attach a picture to my post, but the message says: GLFW error [0x10007]:WGL: Failed to create OpenGL context.

Edited by Siposzee

I am new to the forum, new to the LDD - basically new to everitrhing you discuss here. But I do my best :)

Did a design in LDD, created an instruction with it, but its rubbish. I have found Blueprint, downloaded it to my PC, but I had no success starting it. Everytime I try, Something unexpected and ugly happens. I did a print screen, but I don't know how to attach a picture to my post, but the message says: GLFW error [0x10007]:WGL: Failed to create OpenGL context.

Not sure, but it may be that your graphic card / driver doesn't support OpenGL for some reason. I had a similar error when I tried to open it on a Virtual Machine on my Mac since Parallels have trouble with OpenGL for some reason.

Edited by Malou

Hi msx80,

I just installed Blueprint on my PC with the latest update of LDD and tried to import one of my model into Blueprint and i got this error.

26162517233_f0ff25551f_o.png

Is this caused by the latest LDD patch again ?

Edited by Keano

Hello,

great job with the software. I tested it on few different models and automatic steps are far more better then those from LDD. I had 1 model which LDD totally screw up with instructions and your soft did logical and good steps. Grats!

But there is huge problem, every file I tried look like this:

uvGyv3E.jpg

I suppose it is bug and it shouldn't be transparent?

Running win 7 64bit, if you need any more data let me know, but my PC is nothing special, no mods, last patches etc.

I have the same problem. I have already updated driver of my graphic card, now my version of OpenGL is 3.3

Besides this it looks like everything works fine.

hello, I did my first LDD file of one of my robots, Yay :)

So if course first thing i did next was a BlueRender which by the way works great on my Mac OsX ElCapitan

iMoot: imoot$ cd /Users/imoot/Documents/Bluerender0005 
iMoot:Bluerender0005 imoot$ java -cp "bin/*" bluerender.BlueRender
Starting BlueRender 0.0.0.5beta.. Good luck!
Initializing database..
Cache is up to date.
Loading brick 3703 TECHNIC BRICK 1X16, Ø4,9

EV3Dprinter-lxf.png

Now the big question is, anyone managed to get Blueprint to work on MacOSx?

I tried this

iMoot:Blueprint0019 imoot$ java -cp "bin/*" blueprint.Blueprint
Starting Blueprint v0.0.1.9beta.. Good luck!
Current folder: /Users/imoot/Documents/Blueprint0019
Initializing database..
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: File not found /info.xml
at blueprint.b.b.a.b.a(Unknown Source)
at blueprint.b.b.a.b.<init>(Unknown Source)
at blueprint.b.b.a.<init>(Unknown Source)
at blueprint.Blueprint.b(Unknown Source)
at blueprint.Blueprint.initApp(Unknown Source)
at c.a.start(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$162(LauncherImpl.java:863)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$175(PlatformImpl.java:326)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$173(PlatformImpl.java:295)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$174(PlatformImpl.java:294)
at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: File not found /info.xml
at a.a.c.e.a(Unknown Source)
... 12 more

This is after it asked me to locate teh db.lif -- i pointed it to a copy of

/Applications/LEGO\ Digital\ Designer.app/Contents/Resources/Assets.lif

but got the error cannot find info.xml as posted above.

Any help would be cool, I would love to offer decent BI of my EV3Dprinter to the community :)

Cheers

/baz

(previous version of the EV3Dprinter in action here

)

Hello, I found a bug for blueprint version #0017~#0019. If I draw EV3 brick into the LDD file. The blueprint will show error message. But version #0016 is OK.

I have the same problem. I have already updated driver of my graphic card, now my version of OpenGL is 3.3

Besides this it looks like everything works fine.

Try with different version of drivers, I tried 3 versions, and 1 is working fine. I don;t have this bug anymore.

First of all - I'm pretty new to this whole lego building with a computer thingamajig - and Blueprint and Bluerender have both been brilliant since a bit of scope creep has left LDD not quite able to cope with what I need it for. So thank you heaps for the work that has gone into these products!

I do have one question though - the maximum model bounding box size. Although the size of a page can be set to something nice and high (I'm looking at around 3800x3800) but while you can increase the size of the model to 200% or higher, at some point the model (especially largish ones like mine (around 50 - 60 bricks square)) renders, but the bounding box hits some upper limit (somewhere around 2000x2000) and thus prevents display of the whole image.

Is this an arbitrary value, or is there some reason for the cap? Could it be increased? If you aren't sure what I mean, happy to attach a screenshot.

Whether this is something you can or can't change, or whether you have time to do so or not, I'm super grateful for the tools existing at all. Thank you!

Awesome tool, was really looking for this! Although I'm still waiting for a working OSX version, I'm gladly using it on Windows.

I have one question about callouts though. I keep getting strange numbers under my callouts, For example 1 have 4 very easy submodels sequentially marked as callouts. I would expect a render with 4 boxes around the model.

Instead of this I get 4 boxes rendered on top of each other with "x7" under each box.

The fact they're rendered on top of each other is easy to fix in the page setup, but the "x7" is strange.

Hi, the xN are generated when it detects that the number of parts in the step are a multiple of that in the callout (iirc), which is a feature i used on my local working copy that somehow entered into the release :D It's useful when you have two identical callout and you just want to display one with a x2 under it. The idea is to remove the second callout and the second x2 and only keep one copy. To remove stuff, simply move it outside the page (very tecnical solution, i know :P).

The callout always appear on the right of the assembly one after the other, there's no layouting logic.

First of all - I'm pretty new to this whole lego building with a computer thingamajig - and Blueprint and Bluerender have both been brilliant since a bit of scope creep has left LDD not quite able to cope with what I need it for. So thank you heaps for the work that has gone into these products!

Thank you very much :)

I do have one question though - the maximum model bounding box size. Although the size of a page can be set to something nice and high (I'm looking at around 3800x3800) but while you can increase the size of the model to 200% or higher, at some point the model (especially largish ones like mine (around 50 - 60 bricks square)) renders, but the bounding box hits some upper limit (somewhere around 2000x2000) and thus prevents display of the whole image.

Is this an arbitrary value, or is there some reason for the cap? Could it be increased? If you aren't sure what I mean, happy to attach a screenshot.

Whether this is something you can or can't change, or whether you have time to do so or not, I'm super grateful for the tools existing at all. Thank you!

There is indeed a cap, defined as the internal working opengl surface, a surface where i render stuff before copying it on the application displays. It's fixed at 2048x2048. The value could be easily parameterizable, but i have to check if anything will work with a different size.