tuskel

MOC: "Our House"

Hi!

In our house, we play with our Lego family:

ourhouse001.jpg

First, myself (I've been doing cooking, hence the dirty tee), hubby (he fell down the stairs and broke his left foot quite badly a few weeks ago, so we put a pirate's peg leg on him :tongue: ), our daughter Emily and her "sister" - actually her best friend Bethany from school, and Gran and Granddad.

For a while now, we've had our Lego family living in different Creator houses. First they were in 7346 - blue Seaside House, and after a while they moved into 31025 - the Mountain Hut. However, as I'm sure everyone who has Creator houses knows, these are not very big, especially the interiors. So we - me and my daughter - decided to make a proper house for "us". It bears almost no resemblance to our real house, apart from the general layout, but we tried to add everything we like and find important. Again, we bought no special bricks to make this, just used whatever we had in hand already. So here it is:

ourhouse002.jpg

ourhouse003.jpg

ourhouse004.jpg

The paddling pool has a slide, and magically appearing waterfall :wink: (not my addition). However, we do have to have a garden, where we grow flowers, carrots (one is accidentally growing in the fence), and what I think are cherry tomatoes, although it could just as easily be a berry bush.

ourhouse006.jpg

Ground floor with nice, soft carpets, a massive telly, bookcase and a few plants. I am cooking, and we seem to have a lot of pizza tonight, not to mention cake! Must be a party or sth... Maybe a housewarming party? :classic:

ourhouse008.jpg

The bedrooms. Kids' one features a bunk bed and a few toys, but this is the room I've given least thought to. Also, I do realise we don't have that many toys for Lego people. However, on other side grown-up bedroom with the bathroom, and another little fireplace, which my daughter built herself.

ourhouse009.jpg

And finally, the attic, with lots of stuff and a few unwanted "pets". The roof took me about three hours to make and broke several times. Grr! Total pain in the backside! But I finished it!

You may have noticed there aren't a) any stairs and b) no Gran and Granddad. As we built this for hardcore playing, really, I didn't think I needed to add any stairs. And I think it's sturdier that way. Gran and Granddad took Emily out for a day on the beach last week, and we even built a little beach scene with them. However, as I was taking pictures, I noticed my battery was nearly empty and rushed too much, making the pics blurry. Have to take them again. Something to look forward to! :sweet:

Just two more pics here, if anyone's interested.

tuskel,

sincerely

Edited by tuskel

One word.......cute, oh add sweet as well.......nice house even though it's in Partridge Family colours ! :laugh:

Now if I could get my wife into Lego... :blush:

Brick On 'tuskel' ! :grin:

The Partridge Family... *googles* I see what you mean, but I've always liked Mondrian anyway. :wink:

EDIT: I wish my husband was into Lego... He doesn't like it, and when forced to play with it, builds silly things and messes up the pieces -> puts them in the wrong boxes! :angry:

Edited by tuskel

Let me guess... it is in the middle of your street! :wink:

Nice interior!

Thanks a lot! Now this will be going through my head all day long! :grin:

Nice interior, but that looks like one lively household!

I have seen a lot of wonderful details.

I find the brick combination of the ground floor nice, but the other floor are a bit colorful.

I have seen a lot of wonderful details.

I find the brick combination of the ground floor nice, but the other floor are a bit colorful.

What do you mean exactly? The walls or interior?

As I said above, we didn't get any extra bricks for this so just had to use what we had available. I would have preferred more white/tan in the first floor walls, but I don't have that many bricks. The medium azure (or whatever the light blue is in the ground floor) all came from the Seaside House and I haven't got a proper white Creator one. Something to get in the future! :classic: But I do like the way roof turned out. All the colours seem to match well.

This is lots of fun! Makes me look forward to when my daughter and son are old enough to build with me (although my daughter is quite adept with her Duplo bricks).

The combination of blues at the ground floor looks nice. And also the roof.

But the combination of the second floor and the attic look a bit patchworked and are not as visual attractive than the ground floor.

All of us, we had to use until the last of our bricks when we started and we had a short stock of pieces.

Creativity is the essence of building bricks.