Sign in to follow this  
Saberwing40k

Saberwing's Bionicle and CCBS MOC thread.

Well, I've decided to venture outside of my comfort zone in Technicland, and post some of my stuff here. I've got a number of small and medium size Bionicle and Hero Factory creations that I feel do not justify their own threads, so I'll post them all in this thread.

My first thing for this thread is a Bionicle update of a Galidor alien called Ooni. I have no idea if that is the name of the species, or the individual, or whatever, but i kind of like the freak. Ooni is also the only Galidor set I own, and I have a number of fond memories of playing with him. My copy is complete, aside from the other head. If I recall, there was no configuration of Ooni that looked good, and used all of his parts, so that was quite annoying. Anyway, I originally created this thing for the Battle For The Golden Mask contest, but as I was ineligible to enter, he was put in storage until I brought him out now. If I were to enter him, I would have given him a backstory involving being a horrible, twisted freak of nature from another dimension, who has a touch that causes everything around him to mutate horribly.

Anyway, on to pictures.

16963160647_12e0b4464b_z.jpgBionicle Ooni by Saberwing007, on Flickr

I kept all of his major features, including his weird jaws, color scheme, 4 arms, 4 legs, and 4 eyes.

17170556065_19a34b206b_z.jpgOoni closeup by Saberwing007, on Flickr

But, he is far more stable and poseable, and has opening jaws as well as poseable thumbs.

17168937902_4b2bfa9d3e_z.jpgOoni Details by Saberwing007, on Flickr

Given that the small arms on the original are more mechanical looking, I did the same on mine, with the Glatorian fists in DSG.

17170555975_43dd1f4f91_z.jpgOoni Roar by Saberwing007, on Flickr

Apparently, some village was able to snap a blurry photo of the beast roaring at nothing in particular.

16984402739_a7abcbb0a4_z.jpgThis is for almost ruining Lego forever! by Saberwing007, on Flickr

Ooni attacks Ooni for almost ruining Lego forever. He deserves it. Also, this is literally the most dynamic pose I could get out of the original Ooni, as he is not really good for that, though not for the ratchet joints so much as weird proportions.

There is probably going to be more creations to come, and if anybody wants instructions or more pictures, just let me know.

Approved! Updated Galidor sets in CCBS or Gen 1 Bionicle parts should totally be a thing... I'm gonna try Ooni in CCBS!

Approved! Updated Galidor sets in CCBS or Gen 1 Bionicle parts should totally be a thing... I'm gonna try Ooni in CCBS!

I look forward to seeing this. Although, there are not that many dark red parts in CCBS, but I'm sure you'll figure out something.

I look forward to seeing this. Although, there are not that many dark red parts in CCBS, but I'm sure you'll figure out something.

Time to brutally dismember Pyrox....