Anio

[MOC] UCS A-Wing

Thank you everyone. ;)

On 20/04/2015 at 6:40 AM, Smitty500 said:
I think he took a Millennium Falcon windscreen, but removed the printed design. giving it just plain clear half cone.

Precisely. :thumbup:

I know it's the MF windscreen, but I don't know how you removed the print without ruining the trans!

I have some secret power you know. :o

I'm thinking about Displex polish, which can be used to clear up scratches from plastic phone displays...

I've heard of many different methods. Like Brasso, or nail polish remover, and some elbow grease! I haven't tried any, so I don't have any first hand knowledge. Use the power of Google!

I used Brasso. :)

Very nice. I like the smooth lines.

This is mine from 2 years ago. Old school design vs your cleaner new school. I might have to make a v2 I think

lzM5W5q.jpg

Very nice work!

That moment when you realise the cockpit canopy is two large pieces and not the single much smaller canopy! So big!!!

That moment when you realise the cockpit canopy is two large pieces and not the single much smaller canopy! So big!!!

3 large pieces, actually.

Otherwise, yeah, the model is quite big.

Wow what a fantastic model of one of my favorite OT ships ! I love how you've captured the shape and depth of the body of the A Wing. The engine details at the rear are great, and the 'split' in the nose looks very good. I like the curved slope up from the split to the canopy

I'm just finishing up my bricklink of Anio's MOC USC A-wing and it really is a great model.

The brasso approach on the MF windscreen worked a treat (first time I've ever tried such a trick and was amazed it worked so well tbh), and for the small number of parts which are not available in the right colour I've either accepted an alternative choice (made easier when its basically white, dark red or the odd patch of tan/grey) or for those pieces you really need in the right colour I've gone for the painting them with Plastikote (and created a wanted list just in case they ever turn up 'for real').

Some very clever/neat build techniques and an enjoyable build - can't wait for the final peices on the guns and the UCS style sticker to arrive and it's ready to take pride of place.

First couple of snaps - still pending the final 'swap out' pieces to arrive (the various greys on the cannons) and the UCS panel sticker.

img-20150920-00025.jpg and img-20150920-00021.jpg

I'm considering the painting of the large side wedges white as per Anio's model, but I'm kinda liking the dark red originals.

Added some additional instrument panels into the cockpit which I need to finalise, and hopefully does the A-wing justice!

Thank you for the pics. :)

Thanks.

Among all the UCS models I designed, I think this one is my favorite. Yet, I wouldn't say that the A-Wing is my favorite ship.

edit : hum, well, maybe I forgot the Venator. :grin:

Its still the best looking of the UCS sets I have - everytime the light catches the engine cowls it just makes me smile! - awesome.

I was thinking of doing a MOC of the A-wing after I'm done with the MF but when I found this I realize it's hard to do it better.
Excellent design, I'm very impressed. Next stop - the plans, for sure. :) Thanks for sharing!

Edited by jemakrol
wrong reference to rebrickable

Thanks for your praise. :)

I bought instructions from Anio about a year ago and I realized this wonderful moc. Great project and very clear instructions. Master level !!

Well, I couldn't resist buying the instructions so here I go.... :)

I will, however, not start for real until after summer since I have much to finish before that, new house and a 10179 among other things. I'll pop back here and say hi when I start building this wonderful MOC. 

I built it too, fantastic model! (I now have an OT A-Wing pilot in the green uniform displayed too).

E098164E-B646-4FBB-8FB4-8F011953EE98_zps

Edited by NorvernRob