Maxim I

MOD 79008: 17 Gun Corsair "Flying Arrow"

pirates-indexed.gif 174C

Well my 79008 Pirate ship was sailing alongside the IFS, BSB & QAR. Needless to say she was the silliest of them all without cannons.

So it was time for a mod!

Hereby I present you the 17 gun Corsair "Flying Arrow"

17149608231_bd7439e290_c.jpg

Details:

12 side cannons

2 front cannons (chasers)

1 back cannon (defender)

& 2 upper deck mini cannons

16962707920_ff14ddc996_c.jpg

16530070193_4fa6edd8df_c.jpg

17149609351_c84f6c02fa_c.jpg

16527815894_612fcbefd2_c.jpg

It will be one of the ships I will use in the upcomming Brethren of the Brickseas! The Cpt. Matt Lenoir has the right to Privateer under the Eslandolian flag, permission granted by my upcomming main character, the governor of Stedor.

So here is Cpt. Matt Lenoir:

17124286736_6242a78962_c.jpg

And the flag:

17150301895_493f802bcd_o.png

C&C ofcourse welcome!

note: to keep the atmosphere of the original ship, I did not touched the front and back :)

Very cool modification of the original Corsair ship! I built the original ship just recently and It's very nice to see how you modificated It into a ship armed to the teeth with cannons and a upper deck. Looking forward how this ship will deal in Brethern of the Brick Seas.

Your sure got lots of cannons now! And a very friendly looking crew pir_laugh2.gif

I am also happy to see that you have specialized on flags now. Great job!

More like a pirate rather than a privateer by the looks of it (a skull on the flag is a bit agressive pir_laugh2.gif ).

But a capable ship nonetheless.

I take it you'll bring this one to Wetteren this weekend?

I'll bring some decent competition for it then, stirr up those waters at Stedor pirate_classic.gif .

Wow, that looks great. I really like how you modified the LotR Corsair ship :thumbup: . The kitbash minifigures are very nice, too.

Nice to see someone else uses black stud shooters as swivel guns :) MOC on mate, beautiful inspiration.

Great to see you're putting sets from outside the Pirates Theme to good use! thumbup.gif

Although, it still looks a little too Medieval for my tastes, I'd need to make it a bit more "Age of Sail" before I could come aboard. pirate_laugh2.gif

She looks so much better modified for use in the Pirates theme. It's definitely unique when put up against the official theme ships. I didn't like the sail plan of the actual set but in this form I don't think it's bad. You have a nice crew and the armament is impressive even if the standard cannon is a bit large. Keep it up!

An really good look mod you got there. And packing with firepower also pirate_devg1.gif

I like it, well done thumbup.gif

Edited by Mencot