Lobot

(2015) May The 4th Be With You Offers - Discussion thread!

Hi

how did you get flyers from Lego in Germany? Btw i am a VIP as too.

Dino

Got mine on Monday by post. Don't know yet if I really want to spend money on LSW, besides the ISD and a couple of micro fighters there is really nothing I would want right now - and I have a feeling the ISD falls short compared to the Shuttle Tyridium - and perhaps even the new Falcon. Better to save my credits for those.

Are the posters actually poster-size, rather than 8 x 10 or something? Will people get to pick the poster they want?

As far as I can tell, it'll be one specific poster each month - Episode IV in May, Episode V in June, and so on. The Lego Store Calendar for June has been seen now and it shows the free poster offer, and it specifically shows the Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back poster, so my guess is that they're doing them one per month, in release order (so that during May the Fourth weekend and for several days after we're getting the poster for the original Episode IV: A New Hope, and so on until we get Episode III: Revenge of the Sith in October). But we'll know for sure in a few days, of course.

Oh, and as far as size goes, I imagine they'll be the same size as most other recent LEGO promo posters - much larger than 8x10s (and folded into quarters to accommodate), but smaller than the actual theatrical one-sheet posters one would see in a theater.

Thinking of grabbing either the Slave 1 or The Death Star... anyone have any opinions? Price isn't really a problem.

Thx all!

I dont own one but I believe that the Death Star is quite fun to build and if I am not mistaken it may be discontinued soon. Slave 1 has only just come out so you could get it at next year's May 4th promotion.

The Death Star came out in 2008; it's kind of astonishing it's already been out as long as it has, and I expect it to be retired soon. I'd love to get it myself, but I'm quite torn, as there are many other sets (and even a few non-LEGO items) I also want as well, and most of them aren't nearly as expensive.

I dont own one but I believe that the Death Star is quite fun to build and if I am not mistaken it may be discontinued soon. Slave 1 has only just come out so you could get it at next year's May 4th promotion.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I just dislike the non backprinted minifigs in the DS, but it is a 2008 set. Love the new Boba.

Edited by RevanAndFriends

I have the Death Star and most of the old style figures in it do look jarring next to more modern versions. The emperor and Darth look ok, but the rest have the eyes without pupils and apart from a couple of instances there is no backprinting. Rumour says there may be a new DS next year to go with Rogue One so you might be better holding fire.

Oh, by now I'm sure others in the US and Canada have gotten LEGO's May the Fourth email for VIPs, but since I haven't seen anyone else mention it yet, I'll just note this now here:

For the US and Canada (excluding Quebec), VIPs can also enter to win one of ten UCS TIE Fighters signed by LEGO Group owner Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen. Entries are automatic with Star Wars purchases for VIP members, and/or also enter by email; maximum one entry per day from May 2 to 4.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Blondie-Wan I came in here to see if anyone was talking about that contest. Signed by Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen is a pretty interesting aspect of it. I wonder if its the box that is signed or the plaque inside? Sorry to all non-US members that the contest is so limited.

Sorry to all non-US members that the contest is so limited.

There was a bigger contest last year for the rest of us that may have been unavailable to North America? The one where you won every UCS made so far.

Hi

First, get the DS, as long as you can. One of the best Lego sets ever.

It might discontinue soon, or never. Its like Duke Nukem Forever, just the other way around...

Regarding discount: TRU Germany has from now 20% on all LSW. For example the Slave 1 which is sold out atm (gone within hours).

THATS a discount worth speaking of...

I am wondering if i will get the Ewok Village for 200€ at TRU or at 225€ from SAH with VIP Points and Yularen...

Dino

Edited by Darth Dino

I don't think this has been mentioned:

If you spend € 15 or more on SW Lego this month you get a 'SW Rebels Inspiration pack': http://www.disney.nl/starwars-rebels/lego/how.php

This pack contains (according to Disney) a poster, a keychain, buttons and a stickersheet.

Kids can build a droid, put some stickers on it and upload it on the Disney Rebels site to win prizes.

166hkro.jpg

EDIT: It's not a May the 4th offer; it's valid in the whole month of May.....so I've also placed this in the 2015 thread.

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

THATS a discount worth speaking of...

I am wondering if i will get the Ewok Village for 200€ at TRU or at 225€ from SAH with VIP Points and Yularen...

I agree. 10 % sounds like a bit like joke but unfortunately the Sandcrawler isn't available anywhere else:(

If you get Yularen for less than 13,75 € it is better to order at TRU :wink: (As long as you don't need the poster)

Edited by Robert_88

Does anyone know when the promotion will run till in Australia

Edited by Chookdude

Damn, just got the Red Five XWing in the TRU Easter promo at 20% off...four weeks ago. I would love to get the Ewok Village now, but I think it would be kind of hard to sell this to my wife...

Perhaps the Coruscant Police Gunship... ? I like the new Shocktroopers...

I have the Death Star and most of the old style figures in it do look jarring next to more modern versions. The emperor and Darth look ok, but the rest have the eyes without pupils and apart from a couple of instances there is no backprinting. Rumour says there may be a new DS next year to go with Rogue One so you might be better holding fire.

I bought the death star last May 4th - gave it the kids at xmas & we only just started building - regarding character faces, both Han's in the set are the eyes with pupils - has anyone else encountered this

May go for the sandcrawler this year if included in the discount!

Someone did report a while back that later copies were coming with the newer face prints. I'm fine with that, myself, but if I do get one I want to be sure it has the older-style stormtrooper torsos, since I'd like them to match the majority of ones I have.

I'm currently wavering between purchasing the Death Star, the Ewok Village, or a smaller group of less expensive sets. The Death Star is an awesome set and I do want it, it's been around far longer than pretty much anything and everything else, and it would be the perfect (and, really, only) complement for the Admiral Yularen minifigure I'd get with it. But it's also expensive, and we've had some financial issues come up lately that have me thinking twice about spending so much on LEGO all at once. Moreover, since Star Wars is such a huge theme I have to prioritize different sets and subject areas within it, and I'm more interested in the Rebels than the Empire. I therefore finding myself weighing the Ewok Village against the Death Star, and while the Death Star is certainly the larger and more impressive overall set, the Ewok Village is the one I'd actually be more upset about missing out on - but then, it's also a lot newer, and while it's old enough that it might conceivably be retired this year, it's hard to imagine it'll actually go first. And of course I really want both, but I just don't know how realistic that is.

Apart from the Rebellion as a faction, I'm also interested in Tatooine stuff, so I also am pining for the Sandcrawler, although I shouldn't have to worry about that one for a while. But if I wind up making a smaller purchase, it'll most likely be the Mos Eisley Cantina, plus a Microfighter.

Decisions, decisions...

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Regarding discount: TRU Germany has from now 20% on all LSW.

Thank you very much! :classic: I immediately got to TRU and made good use of that discount. Not only is it better than the Lego Store's it is also for all sets. I got the exclusive Police Gunship for ca. 48€ rather than 60€ for example.

I am a little sad that I missed Yularen, but since it is the ANH Yularen I can live with it. (The TCW Yularen would have been a must buy for me, though).

I don't think this has been mentioned:

If you spend € 15 or more on SW Lego this month you get a 'SW Rebels Inspiration pack': http://www.disney.nl...ls/lego/how.php

This pack contains (according to Disney) a poster, a keychain, buttons and a stickersheet.

Kids can build a droid, put some stickers on it and upload it on the Disney Rebels site to win prizes.

<snip>

EDIT: It's not a May the 4th offer; it's valid in the whole month of May.....so I've also placed this in the 2015 thread.

Saw this at Top1Toys in the Netherlands but for the love of I couldnt find anything about it on their website which they claimed they had more information about it.

Thanks for sharing this, was wondering what this inspiration pack was. Thought it was actually Lego but I guess its just a sticker sheet.

hello guys,

do you know from what time are we able to place an order via the website ? midnight ?

thanks

Yes, usually all of the offers are listed just after midnight. It's the best time to order if you can, as it's usually fairly quiet and everything should be in stock :classic:

Does anyone know when the promotion will run till in Australia

May 2 - 9 I believe.

I bought the death star last May 4th - gave it the kids at xmas & we only just started building - regarding character faces, both Han's in the set are the eyes with pupils - has anyone else encountered this

I bought mine in 2010 and Han definitely has no pupils.

Anyone try to hassle their admiral minifigure yet? I'm going to the store may 1st and hopefully try to see if let me have them early

Wish they would release the U.S. sale list already......sheesh....getting impatient over here.