Lobot

(2015) May The 4th Be With You Offers - Discussion thread!

Hey guys, anyone got any proof that the sale will be ending on may the 9th. Ideally I want to wait until payday, but if it's ending on May 4th I cant do that. Just with a quick skim on the Lego Shop Website, I couldnt find anything about when the sale will end.

It's definitely between the 2nd - 9th in the UK:

img_6961.jpg

Ordered the MTT... At 10% discount and about 5€ in VIP points Yularen will cost me about 5€ (compared to the TRU 20% off deal) which seems more than a good deal to me... And a free poster on top!

(I'll still have to get the Ewok Village at TRU or Legoland then... We'll see...)

But they have a reminder in the german shop that the Death Star 10188 is now a rare product and it will be available as long as stock lasts... It seems it might really get OOP now...

Hi

wher did you found that "rare" info? Im on the mobile webpage atm, with iPad and dont see any of this info.

Dino

Got a promotional email for May the Fourth that also featured a "limited availability" for the Death Star. I think it's on its last legs now.

wher did you found that "rare" info? Im on the mobile webpage atm, with iPad and dont see any of this info.

I found this info here: "Beeilung! Begrenzte Verfügbarkeit des Sets Todesstern (10188) zum ermäßigten Preis."

But this could mean its only limited qantities for the reduced price... sorry, for any confusion...

I bought a bunch of Microfighters and Battlepacks.

To bad the Imperial Troop Transport was limited to only 2 but that was probably one of the best deals as its overpriced everywhere else or sold out.

Bought:

2x Imperial Troop Transport

1x Shadow Troopers

1x AT-AT Microfighter

1x Snowspeeder Microfighter

This got me at 58 euro to be eligble for Yularen.

I found this info here: "Beeilung! Begrenzte Verfügbarkeit des Sets Todesstern (10188) zum ermäßigten Preis."

But this could mean its only limited qantities for the reduced price... sorry, for any confusion...

Yes I think thats what it means the Dutch store says this:

*Hurry! Limited availability of Death Star (10188) at discounted price.

Probably means just a limited amount of discounted Death Stars.

Nabbed the DS. Too bad it wasn't on sale but glad I got Yularen as a compliment to the set. Hurts the feels but it's a set that will make me second guess buying another set until the 2015 summers come out

Ordered the MTT... At 10% discount and about 5€ in VIP points Yularen will cost me about 5€ (compared to the TRU 20% off deal) which seems more than a good deal to me... And a free poster on top!

(I'll still have to get the Ewok Village at TRU or Legoland then... We'll see...)

But they have a reminder in the german shop that the Death Star 10188 is now a rare product and it will be available as long as stock lasts... It seems it might really get OOP now...

I'm in Canada and have been very disappointed with the May the Fourth Promo. Toys R Us had the MTT I wanted at 20% off vs Lego with 10%. It was a difference of $12! I was able to purchase another Battle Pack with the savings. I really wanted the Yularen but with so little on offer and I have most of the cheaper sets it just wasn't worth it. The fact that this year, one had to have $75 of Star Wars sets in order to qualify for the figure when in previous years I could Mix and match up to that threshold. I feel like calling them to complain...

Edited by Wodanis

I want the episode VI, V and VI posters. Are they changing the posters each day? Everyone is getting IV today.

It said new poster each month... somewhere.

The OT posters are actually quite cool, almost softens the sting of buying crappy overpriced sets to get Yularen. Almost.

Edit: Typo

Edited by LegoFjotten

Bought the Ewok village to qualify for the polybag. I tried to act fast, because I feared it would run out of stock, but it is still available.

I might pick up another set to get an extra yularen, but I wonder if that does work. It says max. 1 per household but it gets added to a qualifying bag.

Well, there has to be atleast 1 UCS-set discounted, crossing fingers for atleast the Sandcrawler!

Called it :D

Edit: Bought the X-Wing and the Sandcrawler

Edited by hallonsylt

I might pick up another set to get an extra yularen, but I wonder if that does work. It says max. 1 per household but it gets added to a qualifying bag.

The 1 per household is not usually enforced in my experience.

Bought the Ewok village to qualify for the polybag. I tried to act fast, because I feared it would run out of stock, but it is still available.

Hi

be careful! I tried this last year, placed two orders within the same day (weekend). I got both figs last year in the basked, but they cancelled the second one later...

Chamces are bigger if you place your second order a few days after the initial purchase. Oooooor you have a second account like me :)

Dino

I'll wait it out until May the 4th or 5th to make an order for the Imperial Star Destroyer, and maybe the Mos Eisley Cantina also, depending what all is happening. Was initially going to order the Slave I, however, I might just wait until the summer to make another order for it.

Hopefully my Thrawn wanna-be is on the way. 2 troop transport, 2 shadow troopers and 1 Geonosis BP. Army building galore...

I'm in Canada and have been very disappointed with the May the Fourth Promo. Toys R Us had the MTT I wanted at 20% off vs Lego with 10%. It was a difference of $12! I was able to purchase another Battle Pack with the savings. I really wanted the Yularen but with so little on offer and I have most of the cheaper sets it just wasn't worth it. The fact that this year, one had to have $75 of Star Wars sets in order to qualify for the figure when in previous years I could Mix and match up to that threshold. I feel like calling them to complain...

I know exactly what you mean. Even more so having read this thread prior to the NA S@H sale start. Was hopeful Red Five would have a small discount like other countries to make it at least a bit more reasonable compared to other UCS pricing, but our Canadian "sale" was a insulting joke. No idea what this company is thinking as they know we're prepared to purchase, but give us no incentive to do so. Keep your keychains, S@H. I'll spend my money elsewhere instead.

I was disappointed by the lack of a sale on the big-ticket items, but several smaller items I do want are 10% or 20% off. I happily ordered the B-Wing, the Skyhopper and the Artoo & Threepio watch, which together sufficed to also get me Admiral Yularen and the poster, and I plan to get a few more small and medium-sized sets tomorrow.

I want the episode VI, V and VI posters. Are they changing the posters each day? Everyone is getting IV today.

I mentioned it a couple times earlier in the thread, but my understanding is that they're offering a different poster each month from now until October, in the movies' release order, so that we're getting Episode IV: A New Hope this whole May the Fourth weekend, Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back in June, and so on up until Episode III: Revenge of the Sith in October. This appears to be corroborated by the June store calendar, which show they're giving out the Empire poster that month, starting on the 22nd.

Hi

i have been just courious and was looking for the discounts on the EN-US page.

Man, i feel pity for you. Keychains, keychains, more keychains, and yes, the ugly MTT (aka piece of $4!t with droids).

Thats the way Lego makes my happy about my poor 10%...

Dino

I was looking so forward to the May the 4th this year, as it's the first year I've been fully out of my Dark Ages with Lego. Sadly, two weeks ago I badly broke a bone in my left foot and am in a walking boot. So driving up to the Lego Store and walking around to get to the store in the Mall would be fairly uncomfortable. Besides, I have to work on Monday so I can't take the time off to go up there. I was VERY happy to get an e-mail in my inbox this morning saying that the May the 4th sales/features were in effect today. So I went and ordered the Tie Fighter Ultimate Collector's Edition today, as well as the Simpsons Qwik-E-Mart set. I got my minifig and the Episode IV Star Wars Lego Poster. Can't wait for this stuff to arrive. I've run out of room in my Lego Room to display this all, so I'll have to put some shelves up in my poker room to house some of these sets. Figure it would be fun taking down a huge pot with the Tie Fighter, Millennium Falcon, and various other classic sets on the shelves in the room.

For those wondering about the poster, it actually says "Collect a different LEGO Star Wars poster each month, ask in store for details" on the back of the Episode IV poster. So it sounds like there's going to be a new one each month. The poster itself is lovely and I'd love to get them all, I'm just hoping you can get each one free with any purchase, not just a Star Wars purchase since I rarely buy Star Wars sets at full retail.

I was quite surprised to find the Winter 2015 sets had been discounted, so I picked up a Wookiee Gunship to get the Yularen figure. It appeared that Microfighters were most people's choice at London Westfield, at least when I went in there, almost everybody with Star Wars sets at the tills had at least one.

For those wondering about the poster, it actually says "Collect a different LEGO Star Wars poster each month, ask in store for details" on the back of the Episode IV poster. So it sounds like there's going to be a new one each month. The poster itself is lovely and I'd love to get them all, I'm just hoping you can get each one free with any purchase, not just a Star Wars purchase since I rarely buy Star Wars sets at full retail.

Aha, I knew it! I fully anticipate getting them all, or at the very least all the OT ones. Like the folks you observed, I want a bunch of Microfighters anyway, so I'll have no trouble finding a small thing I want each month.

I hope these posters come rolled and not folded.

I made a purchase on the LEGO Store today and the poster came folded. :sceptic:

Posters from the store(s) pretty much always come folded.

That said, I understand they gave these out in advance (not just the current Episode IV one, but all six episodes' posters) at the LEGO booth at this year's Star Wars Celebration convention in Anaheim a couple weeks ago, and I think those copies were rolled.