As I am a stud lover and hate studless creations I think that technic should go back to technic bricks instead of beams. But that is my own opinion.

What do you think?

well, that's something that belongs to 90's.... old fashioned but OLD..

studless works so much better and allow you build a lot of things easier

NO not at all!!!!

i think some studded moc's are cool. but most of the time they have studs because they are so big. the studless sets that TLG nowdays brings look so much smoother than with studded bricks. the only reason i like some studded sets that TLG brought is because of the complexety.

If the studded bricks were 1 stud high like studless bricks instead of 1.3 studs than i think it would be such a problem and i would like studded bricks. BUT it isn't

TLG will not return to using technic bricks. They will be used where there's no other option (for example, in City/Action Themes). And in some specific places in Technic models (like boom from 42009).

But you can build your own models with using Technic bricks only...

I will say yes, as a kid I mixed my technic and space Lego together. OK so a lot of the space ships had small holes all over them but that's the brick I had. But you could build build build with them what ever you wanted and they mixed well.

As I am a stud lover and hate studless creations I think that technic should go back to technic bricks instead of beams.

You know you can combine them, right? Besides, Lego gives you a choice and you apparently hate having a choice. Weird.

By the way, didn't you want 9V motors coming back a while ago? You may want to get started on that time machine - it has better chance of working that starting yet another topic like this.

I'm expecting one of the mods will put a tag on my profile about this

Maybe that's the only reason this topic exists. "I'm so hipster I hate all innovation". "Lego wasn't any good after Kill'em All".

Hey, why stop at studs, let's go back all the way.

article-0-065A81B3000005DC-38_634x321.jpg

Edited by Sariel

I will say yes, as a kid I mixed my technic and space Lego together. OK so a lot of the space ships had small holes all over them but that's the brick I had. But you could build build build with them what ever you wanted and they mixed well.

It is good to see someone else likes my idea

What do you think?

I think no, they shouldn't "go back".

Lucky for you, we live in a time where this isn't even a problem; you can buy pretty much all the studded bricks and 9V motors off of the internet.

EDIT:

These pictures show part of the reason I think the steady evolution towards studless have helped make a far better product when thinking of the Technical aspect of things.

8860cdiffsmall.jpg -> 8865csusprearsmall.jpg ->

8880steeringsmall.jpg

Those are the rear axles from 8860, 8865 and 8880 respectively.

(All pictures from Technicopedia)

Edited by D3K

I would not get back, but I am thankful that we have both systems available. I like studded much more than studless, but great builds come as a result of mixing these two.

I think we had to go through studded to get to stud less. I'm glad that I can use studded beams if I want something model team style, but I think stud less was a step forward for compactness, complexity and doing more with less bricks.

I think we had to go through studded to get to stud less. I'm glad that I can use studded beams if I want something model team style, but I think stud less was a step forward for compactness, complexity and doing more with less bricks.

Should LEGO go back to only studded models ? No.

Should LEGO only have studless models ? No.

Should LEGO join both kind of parts in the models ? Yes.

Some of my favorite models have both studded and studless parts - like 8285, 8275. Do not get me wrong, studless models are cool to, but I like some old fashioned bricks in my builds. :blush:

Yes I agree with Milan, great builds are a combination of both studded and Studless. It is like model team, they were both technic and brick. I do not think that lego would completely go back to studded because of how some parts might become completely useless. I mean that Studless usually works in odd lengths but studded works in even lengths. If lego were to mount the usual 28 touthed differential in an even size frame, gears could have too much slippage. Therefore degrading the quality of technic sets.

If lego were to bring back Model Team or as similar line of sets then it would be the best of both worlds.

I prefer to have both kinds of pieces, as they have different aspects that make them useful for different roles. As studded pieces can form more rigid structures, and studless pieces can create more intricate and small components.

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

If lego were to bring back Model Team or as similar line of sets then it would be the best of both worlds.

Let's see... Like this?

5893-1.jpg?201005280307

I prefer to have both types of pieces too even though I totally missed the studded era during my Dark Ages. Vacuum tubes are still useful in certain applications.

Should LEGO go back to only studded models ? No.

Should LEGO only have studless models ? No.

Should LEGO join both kind of parts in the models ? Yes.

Some of my favorite models have both studded and studless parts - like 8285, 8275. Do not get me wrong, studless models are cool to, but I like some old fashioned bricks in my builds. :blush:

+1

We'll sort of but more complex

More?

It has:

- steering

- suspension on both axles (rear dragged axle with shock absorbers)

- front winch with windup motor (which is also brilliantly designed, because it is operated by pushing bull bar in front)

- openable doors, bonnet, and rear door

- all packed into realistic looking model, which can be rebuild into two other models within single set (yes, I know that you can build anything from bricks, but there are instructions for three models in each Creator set)

So tell me, what else would you expect from Model Team 2.0?

Edited by M_longer

More?

It has:

- steering

- suspension on both axles (rear dragged axle with shock absorbers)

- front winch with windup motor (which is also brilliantly designed, because it is operated by pushing bull bar in front)

- openable doors, bonnet, and rear door

- all packed into realistic looking model, which can be rebuild into two other models within single set (yes, I know that you can build anything from bricks, but there are instructions for three models in each Creator set)

Wow, I was not expecting such a (relatively) small set to have so many features packed into it. What's the set ID?

Wow, I was not expecting such a (relatively) small set to have so many features packed into it. What's the set ID?

Well i'd expect some 'big boy' model team sets.

But seeing the modern flagship technic sets, some already look pretty realistic and theyre full of functions too. So that's a good alternative imo