Sign in to follow this  
narbilu

The army of the Wingless Serpents

As discussed in previous chapters, Nar Bilu discovered a treasure, a legend of which Kaliphlin failed to pursuit. He changed a bunch of mercenaries to a strong courageous army, suitable for his dreams. Will anyone be brave enough to face them? Will Nar be able to rule Hemresa again? Or will his dreams go beyond that...

The Heroes:

Narbilu, the Lord of the Wingless Serpents

Phyton, Mage of the dessert

V'nom, commander of scouts and tracker

16924265487_242a2597a8_z.jpg

The riders

Together with the mage, two giant lizard like creatures joined the army. They are tamed and ready for battle. Nar Bilu ordered to gear them properly for different situations.

17105700286_c82795dc4e_z.jpg

Spearmen

In the front line of Nar Bilu's army are the spearmen, together with the axemen they are the first to sprint into battle.

17131014561_62a5547510_z.jpg

Archers

Just behind the front line stand the archers, equiped with crossbows able to pierce thick armour. With goggles to protect their line of sight they are piece of the heart of the army.

16924266427_ca5a2499e6_z.jpg

Scouts

Nar Bilu doesn't send his army out to undiscovered area's. A small band of scouts, under the command of V'nom, find trails, scout territory and seek out any obstacles before sending the army in.

16509220914_cfa036f98b_z.jpg

Swordsmen

When the first wave entered the battlefield, the swordsmen make sure the job is finished. With their shields and swords they bash into the fight, shedding blood and terror amongst their opponents.

16944114660_026109c71d_z.jpg

Elites

The rage of the swordsmen is assisted by the battle eager elites. They already earned their stripes and are an inspiration to every soldier waving their weapons against the metal of the one they are facing. Together for one cause.

16945466029_67efd4ae15_z.jpg

Axemen

The axemen are always in the front line. Learning, receiving scars and earning the respect to move up the ladder. All dream about the armour of the elites, to become a line in a story or song of the bards.

16511483623_2f1b097336_z.jpg

And so the army of Nar Bilu and his Wingless Serpents is formed and grows by the day. Fearless and strong.

Army overview...

16511483513_04f2f2d0b9_z.jpg

The whole time I wanted to write sething about your serpents. Seems to be the right place here.

I simply love them! The whole story is so unique and creative. It's a fantastic plot to find these ancient power in the desert and having your troops magically transformed into these lizardmen. And I love this unique design you gave them with the new ninjago helmets and insectoid torsos. And all the other minifig accessories you're using go so well together. Though, I some way liked the light flesh human heads more because it gave theme more the look of magic lizard armor. But I just see it as phase of the transformation, and that's really cool. If I've had the permission, I would have voted for your wingless serpents in the mini challenge.

Really, really amazing work! And I can say, of all Ulandian troops my rats fear the aerpents the most ( well actually they're the only troops to be frightened of).

I love the troops, but what is even cooler is the whole backstory you are building up around their rise to power. And that you are linking it to Nar Bilu's ongoing story is just fantastic! :wub:

I have only one critisism: You clearly chose the wrong side in this war! :tongue:

@Jacob: Would be cool to see the Wingless Serpents fight it out with the merciless troops of the Rat King! :grin:

This is hands down one of my favourite armies, as well as one of the most unique ones in GoH at the moment! Looking forward to seeing more!

Wow, that's quite a collection of troops! What is the head on Narbilu? :classic:

The head is the one of Davy Jones...

I love the troops, but what is even cooler is the whole backstory you are building up around their rise to power. And that you are linking it to Nar Bilu's ongoing story is just fantastic! :wub:

I have only one critisism: You clearly chose the wrong side in this war! :tongue:

@Jacob: Would be cool to see the Wingless Serpents fight it out with the merciless troops of the Rat King! :grin:

I know... Looping back I would have choosen Desert King, but nevertheless, this is fun and the idea of the Wingless Serpents came along the first few builds. What is to happen after this war?

About our fight with the Rats... It might happen

And of course, thanks for all your positive feedback... Check my progressing storyline: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=108208entry2191930

Edited by narbilu

I love your Narbilu, the Lord of the Wingless Serpents, character, great combination of parts. The whole group is a wonderful use of parts from various themes, great job.

...I know... Looping back I would have choosen Desert King, but nevertheless, this is fun and the idea of the Wingless Serpents came along the first few builds. What is to happen after this war?

Wait what?!? :laugh:

As for your question, I assume it depends on what happens during the war! :tongue: But since Ulandus is bound to win, I'd imagine we'd get a Mitgardian king and have a new province annexed to the rest of Kaliphlin.

Wait what?!? :laugh:

As for your question, I assume it depends on what happens during the war! :tongue: But since Ulandus is bound to win, I'd imagine we'd get a Mitgardian king and have a new province annexed to the rest of Kaliphlin.

Wert

Pah!! Ridiculous! The righteous place for Ulandus is beneath the whales.

Beneath whales? :wacko:*huh*

I guess we'll start supplying the Mitgardians with whale blubber to light their lamps instead of the black oil we've been giving them! :laugh::tongue:

OOC: It's not a good idea to make a typo/auto-correct error when smack talking... just in case you were wondering. :laugh::laugh_hard:

oh, this looks very good.

Well done.

BTW a mage of the dessert is probably a mage who can conjure easier a Dame Blanche than a sandstorm. :wink::grin: