Sign in to follow this  
Sariel

[REVIEW] Brickstuff Lighting System

I recently had a chance to review some of the Brickstuff products. It's a pretty impressive stuff, with ability to handle tens of LEDs, and it can be powered straight from the Lego PF system:

It's not recommended to pull the wires, obviously. But I haven't managed to damage any of them while handling them (yet) and I can't say I'm very good at this - I managed to break some Lifelites wires already.

Edited by Sariel

i'm tempted to get some of the lights, as they would be useful for turn signals or brake lights with the PF adapter, any idea if they have a orange flickering led that could be used as a light to simulate the muzzle flash of a MG. This could be useful if it could be controlled by a PF power and have the LED shining through rigid hose.

Great review

Little question about the controller

If you choose an effect, turn of the power, and then turn it back on: Will it remember the last effect choosen?

I think of a remote controlled warn light

Thanks

any idea if they have a orange flickering led that could be used as a light to simulate the muzzle flash of a MG.

They do have these tiny but powerful 4mm LEDs in orange: https://www.brickstu...ard_2-Pack.html

But these don't flicker without an effect controller. I'm told they're working on LEDs that flash on their own, no controller needed, though (also flash isn't the same as flicker).

If you choose an effect, turn of the power, and then turn it back on: Will it remember the last effect choosen?

Yes, it does.

Edited by Sariel

Thanks for doing this review. I have been considering lights for some of my creations and so far these look pretty good.

Andy D

thanks for doing this reviews...now waiting for the delivery guy to drop of the Claas Xerion, after the build I will look into the lights..

I have a question about the light colour, you mention a cool white shining LED, but can't find it on the site yet.

Never mind, found them.

This is so cool, me want it!!!!

C__Data_Users_DefApps_Windows Phone_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_1322277979335.jpg

Edited by Dafgek81

I want to light up some torches like these. Is it possible and what would I need to do it?

27718412363_5f6b8e0c4e_n.jpg

Steve