Sign in to follow this  
Emma

[WZ6:B7, Desert King] Manticore

Manticore

Last Stand of the Salamanders (WZ6:B7)

For the Desert King!

Having been summoned by the Desert King, the Great Manitcore travels north to help with securing the Northern corridor.

The Salamanders are no longer safe behind the gates of Northwall with the manticore easily scaling the battlements and tossing down the cowering Ulandians to the Desert King’s troupes waiting below.

17126611671_f2b7a656eb_z.jpg

The whole thing:

17125698792_efe0dd44c3_z.jpg

The manticore didn't turn out quite as well as I had hoped - his face is certainly a little odd, but I was running low on time and started smushing pieces together hoping that they would stay in place, lol. Thanks for looking, comments/critiques are always appreciated :)

WZ pick: C7

Edited by Emma

Excellent entry! The way the gate is angled looks fantastic and I like the bley/tan combo :thumbup:

Great portcullis design too :classic:

Ha, and I thought about asking you if I may depict the manticore of your story.

I find your beast works pretty well. I like the claws and the body. And the head together with the mane tells which source material you were using. I like that -so to say-classical look with the human face!

The walls are nicely done.

I hope this beast will bring us victory.

Edited by Jacob Nion

Wow, everything is awesome!! (Sorry, I couldn't resist :grin: ) But really, the wall is excellent and that beast is pretty epic. Great idea and wonderful execution!

Great beast and wonderful archetecture again. Your quickly becoming a dark horse in this war!

This is great! The posing is fantastic and the detailed walls are sweet. The face on the beast is a bit squished, but the rest of its design is pretty incredible.

Excellent work on the wall itself, the architecture is really nice! The manticore turned out pretty well too! :thumbup:

Wow, that's fantastic :wub:

The architecture is stunning and the beast look great, too :thumbup:

A very well composed build, Emma! The walls are beautiful (although they do look a bit more ornamental than defensive) and that manticore is looking great. It does appear somewhat humanoid in the face, which I think it great for a mythical being! Further, it looks like it is having a bad hair day! :grin:

Absolutely stunning, Emma. I absolutely love the wall design, such elegant shaping and lovely color use. The portcullis looks fantastic as well. I was really hoping to see the Manitcore in one of your builds after the allusion in your WZ5 entry, and you do not disappoint! It certainly looks ferocious, and I love how it appears to be sweeping the walls of defending Ulandians. Excellent work!

Thank you so much everyone :grin:.

Ha, and I thought about asking you if I may depict the manticore of your story.

ooh - you should do a manticore. It would be neat to see another builder's interpretation of the beast, and you would do an amazing job with it. (Besides this is just the 'Great Manticore' odds are there are at least 'Greater' and 'Greatest' somewhere in Kaliphlin as well...

...(although they do look a bit more ornamental than defensive)

... it looks like it is having a bad hair day! :grin:

I always thought the Kaliphlinites seemed quite fond of pretty structures :grin:. And yes, this fellow definitely has a terrible case of bedhead, lol.