Grosse Kind

856 - Bulldozer - MODs and Improvements

Lovin it!

Quite enjoyed the assembly. Good fun to play with.

Anyone found anything that subtly improves the set? Maybe an idler in the tracks, etc...

Looking forward to your replies as although the sets now 36 years old, its new to me and i'm sure a fair chunk of you lot have had or dealt with it.

Ta for your time, glen.

EFA1D8C0-9AE9-4A05-9E94-13505EB96750_zpseona0sbv.png

CBCB5BCF-E0E3-490D-B47E-115B9BD63E3E_zpsdkmp6mkv.jpg

FB901B95-0A13-48CA-B437-A0F8BFB7E2B8_zpsbkeepirk.jpg

Was a little worried with the slack in the tracks so attempted some idlers. MK1was a third 40 toother in the centre but wasn't mad on the slop still present. Still not finished but progressinok so far.

That was an awesome set. I remember building it from photocopied instructions from my cousin. I never thought that the somewhat loose tracks was a problem. At least not compared to the complete lack of bracing of central parts like this

foo.JPG

But a great set nonetheless.

post-143308-0-18477000-1466975506_thumb.jpg

Oh man, I loved this thing! Like Groundskeeperwillie, I'm not bothered by the slack in the tracks and besides, it runs along really nicely. Although the lack of bracing is surprising, there's so many studded connections that everything always held together anyway. Enjoy!

tut tut ! incorrect use period technic parts ! :grin:

newt16.jpg

Edited by Rockbrick

Don't think the 16T existed when 856 came out, just the 8, 24 and 40

[EDIT] Actually just checked the 16T was introduced in 1979 in the 857 Motorbike with Sidecar so I stand corrected

Edited by stumpypete

Didn't initially misread that as 956 did ya?

Anyone able to shed light on the yanks getting the earlies under alternate numbers? Not the first time this had occurred with the whole GS vs GSX moniker in the world of Suzuki a prime example.

no I have 850, 851, 853 and 854 and none of them had 16T. I also have 8860 which does. I thought it was introduced in 1980 with that along with the shock absorbers, but when I checked it out it was the year before with the 857.

Didn't spot the headlamps huh?

Just now I did and was going to further scold you, but forgive you as these have been around since 1980 (though not sure if the transparent ones came later)

Pete, gotcha now. But initially saw it pre edit and that had me wonderin.

Rockbrick, the correct ones are on my 8865 as i'd never had them before, and the rounds were ok as far as i was concerned. See however if you can spot the new items in the model as they turned up as was.

AFE28944-2423-4CFE-A84B-B7E6A15206D2_zpssro3iwxi.jpg

changed em out once i noted they were there and ultra-wrong.