touthomme

MOC: Gravity Powered Walking Animals

I've been tinkering with these guys for a little while and finally got them to behave properly. :) They are based on traditional wooden mechanical toys, which have been around for a long time, but I figured they would translate pretty well to LEGO. It was actually a bit frustrating and required a lot of trial and error to get the center of gravity of the bodies such that they looked decent and were still able to walk.

The video pretty much explains how they work, and you can find instructions over on my website if you are interested in building them yourself - http://jkbrickworks....alking-animals/

J

17110163951_b2d2c2d57a_z.jpg

Nicely done!

I'm actually a bit of a fan of a number of your functional LEGO creations; it's nice to see you're still at it.

Nicely done!

I'm actually a bit of a fan of a number of your functional LEGO creations; it's nice to see you're still at it.

Thanks! Yeah, I have all these grand designs to build more often but they just never seem to work out. :)

Wow, these are really ingenious despite their simple builds. Many thanks for the video and instructions.

Great things! Have you made any other moving toys, like woodcutters or climbing men/woodpeckers?

Great things! Have you made any other moving toys, like woodcutters or climbing men/woodpeckers?

Thanks! No, I haven't made LEGO versions of those, but I did run across them when researching this project. I might try to build them at some point. They look pretty cool too.

J