Garmadon

[WZ6:B7, Ulandus] Don't tunnel under Northwall!

The Second Legion of Ulandus was guarding the city of Northwall, but, although they were far above them, the Salamanders had long since discovered the mummies tunneling far beneath them...

17108158292_c9c729447e_z.jpg

The extremely clever mummies - or at least so they thought themselves - had for weeks been tunneling under the walls, and, having now completed the passage, were going to take the Salamanders by surprise.

16922148240_7e21f763f4_z.jpg

However, to their own surprise and dismay, they found that the Second Legion had diverted the river and turned it into their tunnels - just one more reason why mummies can't stand water! :laugh:

An alternate view of the whole build:

16921882308_ea32cf11b7_z.jpg

A pic of the tunnel, as you can't see it well with all the mummies in the way! :laugh:

17108151422_eaabb64871_z.jpg

I think this has been my biggest build for the challenge yet, and I don't know how I could make it bigger unless I had the Salamanders counter tunneling and blowing up the mummies' tunnel, but I figured we had seen enough flames and explosions for a while! :laugh: This was also an extremely hinge-intensive build!

I would like to receive UoP credit for:

Architecture - wall techniques [3]

I would choose J9 for the next WZ if I win.

Thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome!

Edited by Garmadon

An excellent build Garmadon, we are really slamming this WarZone! The way you did the tunnel is fantastic, and the tilting wall base is fantastic! :thumbup:

+1 for the wall techniques credit, but this doesn't really strike me as dense foliage?

Ok that's fubnny. I'm glad my rats dug at the right place.

Edited by Jacob Nion

Tunnel MOC's are quiet popular these days ;)

I espacially like the hinge-work at the wall! Another wall design, and it works great. Looks like an really classic castle.

An excellent build Garmadon, we are really slamming this WarZone! The way you did the tunnel is fantastic, and the tilting wall base is fantastic! :thumbup:

+1 for the wall techniques credit, but this doesn't really strike me as dense foliage?

Thanks Kai, glad you like it! If you don't think it is dense enough I can remove the request :wink:

So cool! You're best, no doubt. :wub:

Thanks GG! :classic:

Ok that's fubnny. I'm glad my rats dug at the right place.

Thanks JN! No doubt the're going to get stopped too though :tongue::laugh:

Tunnel MOC's are quiet popular these days ;)

I espacially like the hinge-work at the wall! Another wall design, and it works great. Looks like an really classic castle.

Ha, ha, I guess they are! Thanks marcu! :wink:

Brilliant tunnels! :thumbup:

Thanks LV! :wink:

Great counter-tunneling strategi :thumbup:

UoP +1 for the wall.

Fantastic build! :wub: I really like the tunnel in particular, but the wall is excellent as well :thumbup: Great job with the water too :laugh:

+1 UoP :classic:

Fantastic :wub: . I love the tunnel, the wall and the way you made the water with the Chima brick :tumbup:

Great counter-tunneling strategi :thumbup:

UoP +1 for the wall.

Thanks Gideon! :classic:

Fantastic build! :wub: I really like the tunnel in particular, but the wall is excellent as well :thumbup: Great job with the water too :laugh:

+1 UoP :classic:

Thanks LJ, I'm glad you like it! :wink:

:thumbup: UoP DoH +1

Thanks gedren!

Fantastic :wub: . I love the tunnel, the wall and the way you made the water with the Chima brick :tumbup:

Thanks! I'm afraid the water ended up like that mostly due to my complete lack of other pieces for water! :grin::laugh:

Edited by Garmadon

This is really nice! I like the angles and the tunnel :classic:

Thanks Robin, I'm glad you like it! :classic:

Classic counter strategy to real life tunneling under a wall!

Thanks blufiji, I thought using real life strategy would be a good idea :wink:

Great counter - well built!

Good luck!

Thanks CB! However, this isn't a counter to Jacob Nion's build, it just happened that we had the same opposite ideas for the warzone! :laugh:

Great work Garmadon! The walls look awesome, they seem very solid! Although you may have stopped the mummies with that water trick I have a feeling that may cause other problems and could collapse the very wall you are trying to defend!

Easily one of your best builds yet! The tower and wall look sturdy, as they should, and you did a very good job with the sloping foundations :thumbup:

Excellent tunnel and landscape too :classic:

I really love your walls, Garmadon - they look so authentic in colour, depth and construction! :thumbup:

However, I have got to echo what Lord Dan said - a tunnel and all that water flowing through might make for an unstable fundament for a wall to stand on! :cry_sad:

(AFAIK, traditionally, tunnelling wasn't done to get in through the tunnel, but rather to undermine the walls. Normally pigs fat or similar would be burned under the foundations, due to its high combustion temperature, which would then undermine the walls and help create a breach.)

Great work Garmadon! The walls look awesome, they seem very solid! Although you may have stopped the mummies with that water trick I have a feeling that may cause other problems and could collapse the very wall you are trying to defend!

Thanks a lot LD! :classic: I suppose it is possible, but seeing that the section of the wall portrayed is only a sliver of the entire thing, I would think it should hold itself up :wink:

Easily one of your best builds yet! The tower and wall look sturdy, as they should, and you did a very good job with the sloping foundations :thumbup:

Excellent tunnel and landscape too :classic:

Thanks SK, I'm very glad you like it! :sweet: The sloping foundations were largely inspired by your walls :wink:

I really love your walls, Garmadon - they look so authentic in colour, depth and construction! :thumbup:

However, I have got to echo what Lord Dan said - a tunnel and all that water flowing through might make for an unstable fundament for a wall to stand on! :cry_sad:

(AFAIK, traditionally, tunnelling wasn't done to get in through the tunnel, but rather to undermine the walls. Normally pigs fat or similar would be burned under the foundations, due to its high combustion temperature, which would then undermine the walls and help create a breach.)

Thanks a lot Bregir! I was aware that tunneling was often done to undermine the foundations, but I believe it was sometimes done to get into the city as well... about the water, I think the Salamanders are going to need to get down and fill the tunnel back in just to avoid anything of the sort! :laugh::wink: