EdWebhead

The Wizard of Oz Rumors and Discussion

At this point, I'm now just hoping for the Scarecrow, the Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion minifigures :sadnew:

At this point, I'm now just hoping for the Scarecrow, the Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion minifigures :sadnew:

And you are not the only one, my son wants every character.

IMHO Wicked the Musical is much better than The Wizard of Oz the Movie.

Wicked the Book, however, is not better than the classic Wizard of Oz Book.

I've read through the entire quadrilogy and while Gregory Maguire is brilliant at rewriting these characters, the books were a little impenetrable and the musical rescued them from oblivion, because a lot of people wouldn't have bothered to try and read them otherwise.

I've never read the book but the musical is brilliant. 'Dancing Through Life' and 'Defying Gravity' are better than any of the moments from the Wizard of Oz film IMO.

I've never read the book but the musical is brilliant. 'Dancing Through Life' and 'Defying Gravity' are better than any of the moments from the Wizard of Oz film IMO.

I've seen the musical twice now, and absolutely loved it both times. If they ever make their way to my part of the world again there might be a third...

I've let this conversation go for a while, hoping it would just fall away, but now I'll step in to say that this is not the place to discuss Wicked vs. Wizard of Oz or any related media. Even in the absence of anything to discuss here since we have absolutely zero indication that there will be more Wizard of Oz LEGO, this is still a LEGO Rumor & Discussion topic. Discussions of written and visual media belong in Culture & Multimedia. Thanks.

Hello,

I found this site looking up this theme.

While I have no proof, I have nothing to gain in misleading anyone.

I email THG regulary about various themes and giving feedback and suggestions for them. I'm no insider, but about a week ago after another email to them, I recieved a call from one of the fine CSRs. During the conversation which lasted about 30 minutes, I was told outright that "I can see the yellowbrick road already." We also discussed the idea that Lego Dimensions should be supported by sets of locations and figures outside game. "Lord Vortech attack ing Oz, I love it."

While I understand how this information will be viewed, I strongly suggest anyone who wants to Oz sets should send the info to TLG and say so.

Hello,

I found this site looking up this theme.

While I have no proof, I have nothing to gain in misleading anyone.

I email THG regulary about various themes and giving feedback and suggestions for them. I'm no insider, but about a week ago after another email to them, I recieved a call from one of the fine CSRs. During the conversation which lasted about 30 minutes, I was told outright that "I can see the yellowbrick road already." We also discussed the idea that Lego Dimensions should be supported by sets of locations and figures outside game. "Lord Vortech attack ing Oz, I love it."

While I understand how this information will be viewed, I strongly suggest anyone who wants to Oz sets should send the info to TLG and say so.

Yes, there have been a few emails and such like this.

Well now that the queen's dress piece is out that will be used for Glinda and now in series 16 there is a new dog if made in a dark brown would be Toto, no doubt. I feel they just keep hinting at some type of Wizard of Oz theme lego set or Lego dimensions set.

Totolly.

This just made my day.

In all seriousness, I would love to see TLG do more with Oz than the little they have done with Dimensions. I honestly feel like it would still sell well to kids--it's one of those properties that still seems to be able to move merchandise, despite how old the film is.

I would buy every single set they released if they ever made an Oz line. Always wanted to recreate Wicked in LEGO form.

I do hope something more comes out of the Wizard of Oz license. The Emerald City has the potential to be a beautiful set!

Although if Lego ever expanded to other Oz works I don't think Wicked would appeal to me as much. I prefer the more classic characters like Ozma, Jack Pumpkinhead, Tick Tock, Mombi, The Nome King and to a lesser extent Tip and Jinjur. I think growing up with them and having plenty of exposure in the original novels, Return to Oz film, the late 80s anime and other cartoons they feel a bit more iconic and timeless to me.

Omg yas! Defying Gravity is the bomb. THIS IS JUST MY IDEA FOR A OZ SET or sets!

Emerald City - includes Wizards head and curtain. Makeover place. Hot air balloon.

price 200

figs

Dorothy post Emerald City makeover

Scarecrow with diploma

Tinman with heart

Lion with King of the Forest outfit

Wizard

Guard

Man with Horse of a different color

Two female hair dressers

Munchkinland munchkin houses. flower Glinda and Dorothy stands under. small Dorothy house. and some special fire trapdoor things for Witch

price 150

figs

Wicked Witch

Dorothy with black shoes/ extra legs for shoes

Glinda

Mayor munchkin

Carriage munchkins

Lilpop Boy

Lullaby Girl

Flower pot munchkin

Coroner

Wicked Witches Castle- melting room with trapdoor. crystal ball room. chandelier room. mountains and forest.

price 100

figs

Flying monkey

2 Guards

Dorothy post emerald city

Scarecrow Tinman and Lion all in Guard outfits.

Wicked Witch

Kansas - house with barn. fences and tire swing. Prof. Marvel wagon and horse.

price 70

figs

Aunt Em

Uncle Henry

Ms. Gulch

Three farm hands

Dorothy

Professor Marvel

*all figs in sepia colors.

The Journey Down the yellow brick road- cornfield apple trees and tinman's house. Forest and poppies. all connect to emerald city and munchkin land sets.

price 70

figs

Dorothy

Scarecrow

Lion

Tinman

(When I saw the whole serie 16, I imm)

Sorry, I don't know what happened, maybe someone could delete this post please? :) Thank you

Edited by notpennysboat

When I saw the whole serie 16, I immediately posted what I thought about the dog and Toto in series 16 topic but nobody noticed and I didn't know about this Wizard of Oz topic. Since the release of the wicked witch and the flying monkey (that I bought for my medieval fantasy theme), I'm hoping for a real theme. Those sets could be really fantastic. I wonder how LEGO could represent the sparkling shoes (I don't remember the English word for these specific shoes) and I also wonder if the lion will be like a costumed guys in CMF. The release of the book is in 1900 and the movie in 1939, maybe LEGO will wait an anniversary date, like 2019?

When I saw the whole serie 16, I immediately posted what I thought about the dog and Toto in series 16 topic but nobody noticed and I didn't know about this Wizard of Oz topic. Since the release of the wicked witch and the flying monkey (that I bought for my medieval fantasy theme), I'm hoping for a real theme. Those sets could be really fantastic. I wonder how LEGO could represent the sparkling shoes (I don't remember the English word for these specific shoes) and I also wonder if the lion will be like a costumed guys in CMF. The release of the book is in 1900 and the movie in 1939, maybe LEGO will wait an anniversary date, like 2019?

The Ruby Slippers in the 1939 film

The Silver Shoes in the 1900 novel

Every time I see pictures of the Oz characters in Dimensions I get a little wistful. I think TLG could hit it out of the park with one exclusive set--there was an excellent one on Ideas a couple of years ago.

I just found out lego made an hourglass piece. Lego is making me mad with them hinting lego wizard of oz. First lego dimensions, the queen dress piece, the toto dog mold from the collectable series, and now the hourglass.

I just found out lego made an hourglass piece. Lego is making me mad with them hinting lego wizard of oz. First lego dimensions, the queen dress piece, the toto dog mold from the collectable series, and now the hourglass.

Toto dog mold? Do you mean Trendsetter's dog? Also who would wear the queen dress?

Toto dog mold? Do you mean Trendsetter's dog? Also who would wear the queen dress?

Glinda

But why are we discussing this? I don't think there are going to be any Oz sets coming out...

I don't know

I suggest this forum be locked or something unless some evidence shows up suggesting Oz sets.

I suggest this forum be locked or something unless some evidence shows up suggesting Oz sets.

Oops, didn't mean to double post