EdWebhead

The Wizard of Oz Rumors and Discussion

I was thinking about how $15 seems awful high for what's given, but based on the sales every single week for Disney Infinity and Skylanders expansion toys, I fgure this will easily drop below $10 within a few months. Heck, even Black Friday this year will be two months after release.

Edited by Aegis2000

I mean, I guess an Emerald City set would look cool on the outside, but what you really go on the inside? The Wizard's face, and small entrance way and...? It doesn't seem likely to me. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dorothy and the others pop up somewhere but a whole D2C set dedicated to them seems like a stretch.

I mean, I guess an Emerald City set would look cool on the outside, but what you really go on the inside? The Wizard's face, and small entrance way and...? It doesn't seem likely to me. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dorothy and the others pop up somewhere but a whole D2C set dedicated to them seems like a stretch.

Well, it could include many things such as the "horse of a different color" with a carriage, a portion of the yellow brick road and Poppy field, the iconic "if I were King of the forest" carpet, Oz's balloon and curtain-enclosed room, and the beauty room where the characters are prepped, trimmed, and oiled before going to see the "Wizard".

Their has been a discussion over on the DC 2016 page about a new nostalgic D2C set coming out in 2016. Is it possible that the nostalgic D2C set could a wizard of oz set? I think it's definitely possible.

Maybe. Another rumor was an Adam West Batmobile and Batcave wasn't it? Or is that confirmed?

Maybe. Another rumor was an Adam West Batmobile and Batcave wasn't it? Or is that confirmed?

The D2C '66 batcave is confirmed, according to the DC thread, DC is getting one D2C which leaves another set. That leads me to thinking the other D2C set is a wizard of oz set.

The D2C '66 batcave is confirmed, according to the DC thread, DC is getting one D2C which leaves another set. That leads me to thinking the other D2C set is a wizard of oz set.

Fingers crossed, hears to hoping.

They could make something similiar to the theater in the Ninjago Temple of Airjitzu set :drool:

lego-70751-temple-of-airjitzu-ninjago-2.jpg

19880981723_8807122e29_b.jpg

mmmmmm really good idea I love that!

oh and lets not clutter this page too...

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=113295

Well, this one is for Wizard of Oz, so it's not that far off topic.

They could make something similiar to the theater in the Ninjago Temple of Airjitzu set :drool:

lego-70751-temple-of-airjitzu-ninjago-2.jpg

19880981723_8807122e29_b.jpg

Amazing idea. I'd have never thought of that! (not that big of a Ninjago fan though.)

Well if it was a nostalgic set, they'd probably go with the big head, not a silhouette.

Nice. Thanks.

How are you sure that it won't happen? Lego has made the Wicked Witch minifigure, so there's a liscense there somewhere.

WB had lego make a wicked witch minifig for their WB game.

How are you sure that it won't happen? Lego has made the Wicked Witch minifigure, so there's a liscense there somewhere.

A license that deals specifically with a video game being developed by WB.

A license that deals specifically with a video game being developed by WB.

Not sure if I should say it but..... since we have a centered Dimensions Fun Pack thread and there is no ensurance for regular sets (to Ideas voters' dismay), is an independent thread appropriate?

tic-toc anyone? The flying moose couch or Jack the pumpkin, the wheelers? Return to Oz characters would be cool :P

tic-toc anyone? The flying moose couch or Jack the pumpkin, the wheelers? Return to Oz characters would be cool :P

Thats a disney movie, not WB. ANy of the suppseod rumors would be about the classic movie nothing else.

I asked j2g personally about the nostalgic D2C being the Emerald City, and he said quote:

"It could be! I dunno..." Followed by a huge Lego smiley face.

Hmm...intriguing. But, I wouldn't take that as confirmation. J2G is such a tease! :laugh:

Hmm...intriguing. But, I wouldn't take that as confirmation. J2G is such a tease! :laugh:

True, but I'll take this with a large grain or a clump of salt. He tends to do these things.

Also, I love your tagline. I say that every single time I see a Baskin Robbins now.

I won't be holding my breath...but I will freak out if we get the Emerald City! Here's my wish list if this is a really large set and is the only Oz set we get:

-Mini-figs: Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Man, Lion, Toto, the Wizard, Wicked Witch, Glinda, a couple of Emerald City citizens

-Oz's chamber - with the giant head, flames, and curtain where the Wizard hides

-Oz's balloon

-Horse of a Different Color

-More than anything, I just want it to have the iconic outter appearance from the film.

I won't be holding my breath...but I will freak out if we get the Emerald City! Here's my wish list if this is a really large set and is the only Oz set we get:

-Mini-figs: Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Man, Lion, Toto, the Wizard, Wicked Witch, Glinda, a couple of Emerald City citizens

-Oz's chamber - with the giant head, flames, and curtain where the Wizard hides

Well for the Wizard to hide behind the curtain, he'd have to be in the set on the minifingure list. :-)

Also, that's pretty much my list too, plus a gate keeper who is different from civilians. If Dorothy weren't such a big word to spell out in block letters, I'd want the wicked witch thrown in on her broomstick spelling Dorothy in smoke.

I'd also want a portion of the yellow brick road and poppy field outside the gates, just for detail and playability for athe storyline.

Well a while back when lego dimensions was announced i emailed lego asking about wizard of oz sets and the lady replied " You never know you may be building your very own Emerald City soon anything is possible"