Brickus

Another MOD Cantina

Hello everyone, This is my first mod of an original set, I don't mod/moc, as I only build and display sets, however, I felt last year's 75052 Cantina set was a little underwhelming, and like many others hoped to buy a second one at a good discount to combine two. So after picking up another 75052 heavily battered at 40% off (the box was crushed and the sticker sheet was folded in half between the opening flaps), I decided that I would combine the two using only the parts provided in the two sets, still keeping with the aesthetic and design of the original set.

I would like to credit user 'Artisanproxy' for some of the inspiration that went into making my version of the Cantina.

Here it is. I apologise if the photos are a little small and over exposed.

img_0759.jpg

Most of the right side is the original set apart from the bar area.

img_0760.jpg

Unfolded

img_0761.jpg

The seating area on the left is from the original set.

img_0762.jpg

I decided to go with the curved wall at the back of the bar to give a bit of diversity from all the hard edges, but I'm not sure if I like it myself.

img_0763.jpg

Back of the bar.

img_0765.jpg

I turned the back archway into a window/service area, kind of like a drivethrough.

img_0766.jpg

Seating area of my own design on left.

img_0767.jpg

The bar.

Comments and criticism welcome.

You need some bigger pictures, bro. But it does look quite good -- it translates the set into a much more accurate representation of the cantina.

it does look quite good -- it translates the set into a much more accurate representation of the cantina.35.gif

Edited by kaqiuska

Hello, it seems that image links are broken.

EDIT: Sorry, not really. I just noticed that you link from your BS gallery and it's whole BrickShelf being down at the moment :/

Edited by krisandkris12

Damn.. I'm gonna have to buy at least one more set now.. I like where this is going.

More pics please!