16467962004_1305d81de9_b.jpg

16470285843_8688c6382a_c.jpg

17090247335_61dfa7b03b_c.jpg

16902711000_965513d625_c.jpg

Oh man, where to begin...

Rodgenhale Farm is a small, but very productive farm that resides in the medieval countryside. The farmer, his wife, and three sons work hard everyday to keep their farm running, and on this day, they are paid a visit (which doesn't happen often as they are pretty far out in the country) by a merchant. The merchant's cart is filled with all sorts of things exotic to these farmers.

I do plan on displaying this creation at Brickworld Chicago, so you might just see it there! :-) Well this creation is something that has been in the works for about two months now and I finally finally finally have finished it. There are a lot of techniques that I have used in this build (some of which I made up myself), which really hope to enhance the detail that brings out the agricultural side of this MOC. I do hope you all enjoy this MOC. :-)

Great stuff - which one of your new techniques are you most proud of?

D

Thanks for the comment! Well, now granted I didn't come up with too many techniques myself - - but I'd say the one I am most proud of is the little "holder" for the bundles of wood (I don't mean using the rubber band for bundling, I mean the framed holder that the bundle is in). Thanks so much again for the comment! :classic:

I love this! The cattails in the pond are awesome, so is the scarecrow! So many details! That is a masterpiece!

Awesome farm. I like the way you made this pond. Planing to make something similar myself.

You should add some small vegetable field.

I love this! The cattails in the pond are awesome, so is the scarecrow! So many details! That is a masterpiece!

Your best work!

Excellent :thumbup: I really like the trees :classic:

Fantastic mate! :)

Fine build and fine overall layout.

Interesting approach for the roof!

:thumbup:

Very nice! I like how you made the house :thumbup:

The landscaping is really nice.

Are their products certified organic ??? :) :)

Ok joking aside - great looking build!

Awesome farm. I like the way you made this pond. Planing to make something similar myself.

You should add some small vegetable field.

Thanks so much, guys! I am really happy that you enjoyed this build. :classic::wink:

Don't close the book yet - we aren't finished! Farming doesn't get a lot of attention in the Lego universe, and being a farmer myself (dairy, 125 cows) I'm naturally drawn to agricultural projects. This is a very lovely scene. I like the different trees, the pond and cattails, the dirt road, horse-drawn cart, scarecrow, farmyard and of course the house itself. The birdhouse in the tree, mushrooms and toadstools, and the man picking apples from the ladder are nice details as well. The grass looks rather thin - perhaps the cow has been grazing it? (In the past it was common for livestock to graze around houses and other buildings.) Again, very good presentation. Keep it up!