7 hours ago, LegoDakin said:

Can I say I don't particular like the new Harry Potter hair

I'm with you on that.  I've already replaced it with an extra hair piece from the old HP sets.  I mean, you can't even see his scar!

I think the new Harry Potter hair works quite well for the Goblet of Fire version of the character; as the set comes with Voldemort this could be the look they're trying to emulate.

Not sure if there is anyone that just follows this thread and didn't hear, but the Power Puffgirl(s) will be receiving a new head mold. 

On 10/3/2016 at 11:16 PM, Ashnflash said:

Not sure if there is anyone that just follows this thread and didn't hear, but the Power Puffgirl(s) will be receiving a new head mold. 

I hadn't heard we were getting these characters, that's exciting!

On 4-10-2016 at 5:16 AM, Ashnflash said:

I don't really understand why TLG chose to pick up the Power Puffgirls licence. I mean, it was a cool and popular show when I was a kid, but not a real stand out; not even within Cartoon Network. The show is rebooted in 2016, but it has a IMDb score of 3.6/10... (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4718304/ratings?ref_=tt_ov_rt)   

2 hours ago, Exetrius said:

I don't really understand why TLG chose to pick up the Power Puffgirls licence. I mean, it was a cool and popular show when I was a kid, but not a real stand out; not even within Cartoon Network. The show is rebooted in 2016, but it has a IMDb score of 3.6/10... (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4718304/ratings?ref_=tt_ov_rt)   

Licensing deals are usually signed a year or more in advance. I'm sure Lego didn't have the opportunity to see how the show performed before signing the deal. It was a calculated risk based on past performance. 

4 hours ago, Exetrius said:

You haven't noticed that the dimensions sets seem to be targeted squarely at nostalgic adults? Lots of people loved that show in its heyday and will buy the figures based on that, just like Mr. T, e.t., gremlins, sonic, and almost every other license they're picking up for this.

3 hours ago, BrickSantorum said:

Licensing deals are usually signed a year or more in advance. I'm sure Lego didn't have the opportunity to see how the show performed before signing the deal. It was a calculated risk based on past performance. 

Oh, forgot about that for a moment!

25 minutes ago, InnerRayg said:

You haven't noticed that the dimensions sets seem to be targeted squarely at nostalgic adults? Lots of people loved that show in its heyday and will buy the figures based on that, just like Mr. T, e.t., gremlins, sonic, and almost every other license they're picking up for this.

Yes, I'm well-aware of that. Really nostalgic to me are the anime Medabots, Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh, and the cartoons Samurai Jack, Codename: Kids Next Door, Ben 10 and Avatar. But now I realise: none of those have a female cast. The only other popular show that had one (as far as I can remember) was Totally Spies, which is very girly in appearance. 

just2good just posted a video of the Fantastic Beasts Story Pack. I'm pretty sure you've become the face of the LEGO community :grin:

Man I hope by the time the second Fantastic Beasts movie comes out Lego will provide actual sets and not some damn Dimension packs.

Maybe they didn't do sets because they were afraid that the movie won't do well??

Because from what I'm hearing about the movie it's getting positive reactions thus far.

Edited by LOTR34

Just now, LOTR34 said:

Man I hope by the time the second Fantastic Beasts movie comes out Lego will provide actual sets and not some damn Dimension packs.

Maybe they didn't do sets because they were afraid that the movie won't do well??

Because from what I'm hearing about the movie it's getting positive reactions thus far.

I think their schedule is pretty backed up already. If Star Wars wasn't getting movies they probably would've. 

1 hour ago, CM4Sci said:

I think their schedule is pretty backed up already. If Star Wars wasn't getting movies they probably would've. 

Well then hopefully the next movie will come out summer time.

Did anyone see the "Meet that Hero" with Gandalf and Newt? I think they gave us a peek at what Hermione will look like! :D she has a pink hoodie with a jean jacket to match her HP3 look. She also has a lighter color hair piece making her more blond. I can't wait to get her!

Did you see that on Youtube, MarvinM? And if so, do you have a link? I'm quite interested in seeing the new Hermione.

The new Hermione looks... different. Very accurate for the "Prisoner of Azkaban" movie, although I always picture Hermione in a school uniform and carrying a large pile of books, not in "muggle clothing". No printed Time Turner, though... I thought they might have included at least the chain.

It's on YouTube if you haven't seen it: "Meet that Hero - Gandalf and Fantastic Beasts trailer". (0:34)

On 11/13/2016 at 1:11 PM, LOTR34 said:

There are going to be 5 movies, so there is plenty of time over the next 10 years to release some sets. They probably wait right until the very end like they did with Hobbit / LotR.

On 11/13/2016 at 2:51 PM, LOTR34 said:

Well then hopefully the next movie will come out summer time.

Nope, not unless it's delayed. Comes out November 16, 2018.

Hey to my canadian friends hoping to get green arrow! Eb games, the store that doesn't advertise anything, had him a month ago... With a quantity of about 5 per store, 

They handle things so bad...