Can anyone with more time and resources on their hands tell me if the LEGO Movie characters are different than the ones in sets? Thanks

Unikitty appears to have a new print for her facial expression, one unique to her Fun Pack. This character appears to have a different unique variation for every set in which she appears, actually, including the Fun Pack (and if you count the alternate faces included for the ones in the Double-Decker Couch and the SDCC exclusive, there are more official versions of her than there are sets that have her (!)).

Wyldstyle comes in the Starter Pack(s) with her tracking device (the one she's shown using in her first scene in the movie, at the construction site where Emmet first sees her), which doesn't appear in any of the "regular" sets for The LEGO Movie; it has a 1x2 tile with a unique print (ironically depicted as a sticker in the actual movie). Wyldstyle herself appears to be the same as one available in various sets, but her tracking device (specifically the printed tile, which is attached to an ordinary 1x2 plate with click hinge) is unique to the Starter Pack.

Found but with September 27, 2015 street date!

AC

20493099889_973598ca5e_c.jpg

20492994718_3eabb958d8_c.jpg

20062015624_04735296b9_c.jpg

20698348141_b676cb7ba1_c.jpg

So can someone who knows more than me tell me which version of Slimer LEGO have copied for Dimensions? It doesn't look all that much like the movie slimer but I could be wrong on that...

I just got the Portal 2 pack and while it's mostly nice, the gun is bad. The gun is made of really flexible black rubber with some white paint. I'm ok with the paint but I can't stand it being rubber. It is very hard to get the flexible gun handle into the hands of a minifigure. And once it's on, you can't twist the gun's direction in the hand like to have it point toward the other hand. You have to remove the gun, face it the direction you want, and then try to get it back into the hands.

Does anyone know if the spare parts are needed for all three builds of each vehicle? And if each build will use up all the parts from either of the other two builds? It would make sense for the all builds to consume all the parts with nothing left over. This way, when the game prompts you to rebuild a vehicle to another version, you just have to use all the pieces from the current version and not worry about where you kept the left-over/spare pieces.

I just got the Portal 2 pack and while it's mostly nice, the gun is bad. The gun is made of really flexible black rubber with some white paint. I'm ok with the paint but I can't stand it being rubber. It is very hard to get the flexible gun handle into the hands of a minifigure. And once it's on, you can't twist the gun's direction in the hand like to have it point toward the other hand. You have to remove the gun, face it the direction you want, and then try to get it back into the hands.

The gun would have to be at least partly made of rubber based on the design—otherwise the front prongs (don't know the correct term) would be extremely fragile and likely to break, if not during the molding process itself then during play. It's the same reason why hairpieces with sharp details like those from Exo-Force (as well as some other parts like the CMF spear) use rubber—by making the part flexible, fine details that would otherwise have the potential to snap off can be added on.

Of course, Lego has gotten better with overmolded parts that feature both solid and flexible parts (including the aforementioned spear), so maybe they should have gone that route with the portal gun as well... I can only guess at whether that'd be logistically possible with such a small part.

Does anyone know if the spare parts are needed for all three builds of each vehicle? And if each build will use up all the parts from either of the other two builds? It would make sense for the all builds to consume all the parts with nothing left over. This way, when the game prompts you to rebuild a vehicle to another version, you just have to use all the pieces from the current version and not worry about where you kept the left-over/spare pieces.

Spare parts are not necessary—every alternate build uses only the parts of the original mini-build. To be honest, that'd be the only way to do it that makes sense, considering that extra parts could wind up anywhere by the time you decide to rebuild one of the models in-game.

Also, for future reference, if you already have the last post in the topic, you can edit your additional thoughts into your original post to avoid cluttering the topic. :wink:

Edited by Lyichir

I just got the Wicked Witch because I liked the print. There are indeed pieces that go into the Battle Monkey and Commander Monkey that are not used for the Winged Monkey. I didn't bother with downloading the instructions but the large image of the Winged Monkey was enough to build it. Glancing at the alternate builds I would also say that LEGO likely continued their tradition of providing a few extra pieces.

Edited by Blakstone

I just got the Wicked Witch because I liked the print. There are indeed pieces that go into the Battle Monkey and Commander Monkey that are not used for the Winged Monkey. I didn't bother with downloading the instructions but the large image of the Winged Monkey was enough to build it. Glancing at the alternate builds I would also say that LEGO likely continued their tradition of providing a few extra pieces.

If you didn't use the instructions, how can you be sure there are parts used in the others that aren't used in the original? Many of the Dimensions models feature parts that are hidden or obscured from some angles. I'm going to go ahead and try building all three models on LDD to check whether all the parts are shared, but considering every one of the models I have built does feature the exact same selection of parts for all three models I can't imagine the Flying Monkeys are any different.

EDIT: Yes, I can verify, all of the parts used in every version of the Flying Monkey are shared with one another, and there are none that go unused between different versions. It's possible you missed the gold fez on the basic flying monkey, which is attached to the underside of the spyglass piece on its back.

Edited by Lyichir

Here's a look at the physical brick set of the LEGO The Simpsons level pack for Dimensions!

21871104675_a7b77f528c_z.jpg

21880715691_15eab7d9dd_z.jpg

Overall, definitely not the best value (disregarding the content you get in game). The exclusive printed 2x2 Itchy and Scratchy tile is a great exclusive print, though, and there's some rare and exclusive pink-colored bricks here. I really like the build of the TV, as well!

Nice to see the reviews of the Dimensions packs showing up.

Is the BTTF pack worth buying for someone who has no plans to buy/play the game and who already owns the DeLorean Ideas set?

Edited by jonwil

Nice! Good to get another Buzz Cola to add to the collection.

Yep! :sweet:

Nice to see the reviews of the Dimensions packs showing up.

Is the BTTF pack worth buying for someone who has no plans to buy/play the game and who already owns the DeLorean Ideas set?

Honestly, I still gotta build it, but I think that'd be next to review... so we'll see. :classic:

Found that Bart fun pack a little early at my TRU, here's a look at it!

22232804946_38a52a1ce7_z.jpg

22269358251_5eb8d85176_z.jpg

You get two of that nice new lightning print on that double cheese slope, and even an extra sling shot! :sweet:

Found that Bart fun pack a little early at my TRU, here's a look at it!

You get two of that nice new lightning print on that double cheese slope, and even an extra sling shot! :sweet:

As im not a big Simpsons fan, and that the pricing of Dimensions is what it is, overall i do find this pack quite nice.

I find that they managed to make it as its supposed to be.

If i understood you correctly, you will be able to use the fig ingame even though the content shouldnt be out till next month ? .... As TLG is so obsessed with release dates, i find it funny that they didnt just lock content for the game till release. ( Sorry this might be a bit offtopic, i know we are only supposed to discuss the physical content of the LEGO Dimensions game in here. )

As always thanks for a nice little review. :classic:

Any chance you got hold of other new packs you are gonna reveal the next couple of days Just2Good ?? :wink:

Here's a look at the Krusty LEGO Dimensions fun pack!

22597797031_bff276fbd0_z.jpg

22560609796_03ae289643_z.jpg

Man, I wish this fun pack had more exclusivity to it. It's really gonna please people who want to play as Krusty, but there's not really any interesting pieces or prints here. Krusty is the exact same as the Simpsons figures Series 1 version... :sad:

Nice, well, review wise.

So Krusty will not be on my list for my Dimensions build. Also hes not having any abilities that other figures dont have, so hes not that valuable, also his torso sucks, so to speak.

However i liked your review as always Just2good. Thanks for it :classic:

I was however really looking forward for this funpack, but its not at all very interesting i must admit. $ saved for the GB modular i guess. :laugh:

Edited by KlodsBrik

According to The Brick Fan, the Dimensions Doctor Who Level Pack features Bedrock, the home of the Flintstones, as one of the locations the TARDIS can time-travel to (as evidenced in the video below).

This brings up a whole lot of questions for me, especially concerning the possibility of future sets, whether they'd be Dimensions expansion packs or a whole theme.

(you can see Bedrock from 3:00 minutes onwards)

What do you guys think about this? Please feel free to discuss.