I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay 30 bucks for a Chell Minifig.

I would GLaDLY pay 30 bucks for Chell! I was so disappointed when Portal wasn't approved in Cuusoo. I hope there's more sets in the works...

Considering it's another rejected licensed from a set project, I wouldn't say this is a good news. I'll keep looking forward how LEGO make the best use of the franchises they try to get regardless of how FOLs think. But generally I think Padme's short bun hairpiece works better for this Chell.

To me, the weird thing is that the new DW haipiece is not only exclusive in the pack so far (probably in a regular set in the future), but it should be more suitable for the Ghostbuster set for the character whose hairpiece was forced to change.

I don't think that TLG despises their fans. In the contrary - that's why the Cuusoo/Ideas program exists in the first place. While it does seem unfair toward the creators of those projects, I don't think TLG did this just to spite them. Whatever made them decide to reject those projects, they probably had a good reason for it. Let's just be glad we're getting some kind of Lego Oz and Portal after all, with a whole videogame level dedicated to each of them to boot! :sweet:

Well, I'll keep being positive in the future. I think the major problem of LEGO's decision could be that they're making Ideas/Cuusoo look like a market testing system rather than a dream-come-true system. Although LEGO do keep approving new projects, their decision on rejecting licensed source would lose the faith from voters--- not because they can't do the licenses, but they don't do the licenses via the fanbase system.

Also, if Ideas is considered an independent theme, the whole licencing move would be relatively unfair to non-licensed Ideas products such like Exo Suit and RI despite there are really no specific personalities for now. It's just what happening to LEGO's regular themes.

Edited by Dorayaki

Well the JW pack is a let down - It would've been nice to see another dino build and not a brick-built one!

They pretty clearly want each pack for this game to include at least one relatively substantial build (substantial given the size), as opposed to just offering exclusively dedicated figure elements. That's surely why we're getting a brick-built velociraptor rather than one of the figural ones from dedicated elements, a brick-built flying monkey, etc.

They pretty clearly want each pack for this game to include at least one relatively substantial build (substantial given the size), as opposed to just offering exclusively dedicated figure elements. That's surely why we're getting a brick-built velociraptor rather than one of the figural ones from dedicated elements, a brick-built flying monkey, etc.

Fair point pal. :classic: I would've prefered another JW vehicle like a Quad bike different to the one in the Raptor Escape, or something else. I just feel like the brick-built velociraptor will look weird displayed with the moulded ones. :tongue:

Goodness, I'm amazed the latest add-on pack reveals aren't being discussed here yet.

Great scott!

EDIT: Also more packs!

ExpansionPack_Intl_AquamanFunPack.jpg

ExpansionPack_Intl_BaneFunPack.jpg

ExpansionPack_Intl_DocBrownFunPack.jpg

ExpansionPack_Intl_JokerHarleyTeamPack.jpg

ExpansionPack_Intl_SupermanFunPack.jpg

There are also a couple new NinjaGo packs as well.

The Doc Brown Fun Pack has an excellent new hair mold! We knew the Level Packs could have new molds, but this is I think the first confirmation any of the Fun Packs would.

That Doc Brown hair could be used for a First Doctor as well. Since it can me multi-tasked that could be why it made it into a Fun Pack.

I just noticed the logos on the chip pieces. Do we know if those are stickers or printed on yet?

Printed. no source, but printed.

I just noticed the logos on the chip pieces. Do we know if those are stickers or printed on yet?

The parts inventories in all the instruction booklets I was able to see indicate that all the decorated elements (including those bases) are printed, not stickered. As far as I can tell, no stickers will be used anywhere in any of the game stuff, with the possible exception of the portal elements in the starter packs.

> additional well-known brands and expansion packs joining the adventure

Great, with most local LEGO themes ABSENT. That sounds really fun, huh?

With DW sets coming, the hairpiece deal is just same like Shaggy's one. Dr Brown might be abit abscure. Hope that it's a sign for some regular sets (I don't think it's due to DW if LEGO is going to do one generation only). To be honest, I think the Cuusoo set could have done this hairpiece but didn't just due to cost rules.

It kinda reminds me of Henrik Kowalski from City Undercover, but in a closer look the shape wasn't exactly the same..

The miniature train.... I hope that Mr. togami can get through it along with most of us. :angry:

Edited by Dorayaki

Huzzah! Ghostbusters officially confirmed, and we now also know each of the micro-builds will have additional official builds that do different things.

The miniature train.... I hope that Mr. togami can get through it along with most of us. :angry:

m. togami didn't propose a miniature version of the time train. The CUUSOO project was for a much larger set. If they had approved m. togami's project and released it with the same build as the micro-build in this pack, everyone who voted for it would be rightfully disappointed and upset, because it's so fundamentally different from what they voted for.

Fair point pal. :classic: I would've prefered another JW vehicle like a Quad bike different to the one in the Raptor Escape, or something else. I just feel like the brick-built velociraptor will look weird displayed with the moulded ones. :tongue:

Given today's new info, it's possible that's just what will happen - the raptor will have two official alternate builds, and we don't even know whether they'll be dinosaurs, vehicles or other things.

This certainly explains why all the accompanying stuff is brick-built, as opposed to including a dedicated raptor figure with Owen, for example, or a flying monkey made from more figure-specific elements for the Wicked Witch of the West. Now I'm curious to see the alternate builds for each thing (and I wonder if any of them have other parts beyond what we've seen in the primary builds?)

I'm wondering who from Midway Arcade will be added ?

New video confirms that every vehicle/gadget has three builds:

I hope the instructions are printed and not digital-only as shown in the video. Since I don't have a supported console, I won't be able to view digital-only instructions... well at least not until someone here eventually uploads the instructions. :)

I hope the instructions are printed and not digital-only as shown in the video. Since I don't have a supported console, I won't be able to view digital-only instructions... well at least not until someone here eventually uploads the instructions. :)

All the instruction booklets that were briefly available on LEGO's servers did indicate the models were mostly built while in-game. The only parts of the sets for which any of the add-on packs have instructions are the figures (the parts that least require them). From the looks of things, not only does the game provide the initial instructions, but also the Creator-esque alternate model instructions, and rebuilding the physical models may then in turn be directly reflected in the game.

I have no doubt people will make the in-game instructions available out-of-game, for all those unable to access them... although I wonder how TLG will view this. If they're making the instructions available only in-game, it may be that they're really not expecting or encouraging people to get the add-ons without getting the core game after all. Perhaps they hope to have the packs drive sales of the game, like the old razor & blades sales model, only with both sides feeding each other equally (like how Apple began selling music to drive the sales of iPods while simultaneously using iPod sales to drive the sale of music). If that's the case, could it be that TLG might look unkindly upon sharing instructions? I would think they'd stand to sell more product overall by making at least the basic builds of the add-on packs accessible to non-players, but perhaps they see it differently...

Since there's a thread about this in Culture and Multimedia, I was going to close this thread. Then I realized that since there was a physical LEGO product involved as well that there was legitimate interest for this part of the forum as well.

So here's the deal: Discuss the physical LEGO part of the product here and you can discuss gameplay in the other thread. Fair? Good.

What if we need to discuss both together?

Why would we need to discuss both together? Here we talk about the builds and the minifigures and in the other we talk about the game itself and how the packs interact with the game. Ultimately there's going to be some people who buy these packs only for the pieces, so this topic is the ideal place for anyone interested in the parts themselves.

Well, now we know - the digital and physical aspects of this are integrated, possibly to a degree exceeded (or even matched) only by MindStorms, and I don't see a lot of call for separating discussion of physical MindStorms builds from MindStorms programming and putting them in separate forums, with the programming part stuck in the same non-LEGO area as discussion of, say, ice cream, rugby, Sandra Bullock movies and cat videos. At the very least, gameplay is required just to access the instructions, so the real, physical builds are also all digital ones, which places them in the same realm as LDD stuff, and LDD builds aren't segregated off into Culture & Multimedia.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Midway's TRON arcade videogame rights are almost certainly superseded by Disney's ownership of the overall franchise, and unless Midway specifically has blanket rights concerning all home game use or something, I think there's no way Disney will let TRON be used in someone else's toys-to-life game (especially since they are in fact already using it in Disney Infinity, albeit in a limited capacity).

Midway Games owns the rights to Mortal Kombat. But also potentially (depending on exactly where the rights went via various mergers and splits) the rights to Defender, Gauntlet, Gorf, Joust, Smash TV, Tapper, Robotron, NARC and others. That said, Moral Kombat is WAY too violent for LEGO (it was the first game in the series that was one of the games that lead to the creation of the video game ratings system in the USA and the most recent games in the series are all rated "M" by the ESRB) so I wouldn't expect to see it in Dimensions.

I wouldn't expect Smash TV to be in LEGO Dimensions either, for the same reason. I might even wonder a wee bit about Robotron 2084, but since it's one of the games specifically shown in the announcement video I strongly suspect it'll be in the game, along with Defender.

Does anyone have a list of the minifigures that are (so far) exclusive to Dimensions? Here's what I've got:

* Doc Brown (new hairpiece)

* Wicked Witch

* The Doctor

* Peter Venkmann ("no ghost" decal arm printing)

* Chell (Portal)

The LEGO Dimensions version of Unikitty appears to have an exclusive new print for her facial expression (though strictly speaking, she technically isn't what LEGO currently officially considers a "minifigure").

If we include accessories and such, Wyldstyle has her scanning / tracking device (incorporating a a 1x2 tile with an exclusive print), and Marty has his hoverboard (not presented as a minifigure accessory, but one for all practical intents and purposes).

And a new face print for Superman, right?

Correct! Good catch. :)

The LEGO Dimensions version of Unikitty appears to have an exclusive new print for her facial expression (though strictly speaking, she technically isn't what LEGO currently officially considers a "minifigure").

Yes, that's definitely a new Unikitty face print. Thanks!

Bane comes with the Venom pack so not sure it that counts?

Edited by Krikkit