Who knows. The "fun packs" are $15 and come with 35-60 pieces, a single minifigure, and a small build. The level packs are $30 and come with a minifigure, 2 builds, about 100 pieces and a game level. If the team packs have 2-3 minifigures, some in game content, and a fairly significant build (200+ pieces), then I could see them retailing for $60. That would be right on target with the other offerings...

Except that Team Packs are $24.99 or $29.99, not $60...

off topic, but i haven't heard news of any oz sets coming in the future, the inclusion of that in game could just be because warner owns it, but as far as i know warner does not have license for portal, so does this mean licensed portal sets are likley in the future?

Maybe, but I doubt it. Like Wizard of Oz, I think these will be licenses that are exclusive to the game. JJ Abrams was in talks to make a Portal movie a while back, but nothing ever came of it as far as I know, so I don't think Warner has a Portal license. TLG probably got the license from Valve after the popularity of the Cuusoo project, but used it for this game instead of producing the Cuusoo set.

Except that Team Packs are $24.99 or $29.99, not $60...

Yes, the ones we have seen so far are... but the WM site had some of the new found sets listed at $60. I was pointing out the $60 price tag might be the actual price for some of those team and level packs if they are a little larger than the officially announced ones.

Maybe, but I doubt it. Like Wizard of Oz, I think these will be licenses that are exclusive to the game. JJ Abrams was in talks to make a Portal movie a while back, but nothing ever came of it as far as I know, so I don't think Warner has a Portal license. TLG probably got the license from Valve after the popularity of the Cuusoo project, but used it for this game instead of producing the Cuusoo set.

It's probably the worst one of all assumptions. Although I believe that some of the projects were rejected due to their lack of availability, after a series of deep assessment, I think it's just impolite to ignore or despise of the needs of all FOLs. I'd rather see exclusive licenses that had nothing to do with Ideas.

The only exceptions are that most voters only care about minifigures (which means figure packs can end this case), or certain licenses obviously don't fit in regular sets scale. Oz and Portal don't fit in both, I guess.

Edited by Dorayaki

It's probably the worst one of all assumptions. Although I believe that some of the projects were rejected due to their lack of availability, after a series of deep assessment, I think it's just impolite to ignore or despise of the needs of all FOLs. I'd rather see exclusive licenses that had nothing to do with Ideas.

I don't think that TLG despises their fans. In the contrary - that's why the Cuusoo/Ideas program exists in the first place. While it does seem unfair toward the creators of those projects, I don't think TLG did this just to spite them. Whatever made them decide to reject those projects, they probably had a good reason for it. Let's just be glad we're getting some kind of Lego Oz and Portal after all, with a whole videogame level dedicated to each of them to boot! :sweet:

The links don't work anymore but I need to know, what was in the JW pack? :classic:

There were no descriptions, so the contents are up for speculation at this point.

I don't think that TLG despises their fans. In the contrary - that's why the Cuusoo/Ideas program exists in the first place. While it does seem unfair toward the creators of those projects, I don't think TLG did this just to spite them. Whatever made them decide to reject those projects, they probably had a good reason for it. Let's just be glad we're getting some kind of Lego Oz and Portal after all, with a whole videogame level dedicated to each of them to boot! :sweet:

There were no descriptions, so the contents are up for speculation at this point.

Thanks Oky - sorry, I should've realized! I hope, if there is a minifigure scale vehicle, that we get the Golf-Caddy style park travel vehicle from Jurassic World, as it is small enough to be done in this pack. Maybe with an ACU Soldier, and the White Shirt variant of Owen, as seen when Claire goes to talk to him in the first TV Spot. :classic:

So in theory I should be able to put any figure on there and it should work.

Depends on what you mean be "work." The NFC chip is in the base, so it will indeed still register on the game no matter what figure is on top, but changing the figure in the real world won't change the figure that gets scanned in for gameplay.

So you can definitely switch, say, Wildstyle out and replace her with, say, Ahsoka, but the game will still think that it's Wildstyle when you try to scan it into the game.

Edited by TheNerdyOne_

So in theory I should be able to put any figure on there and it should work.

Any Lego minifigure? If that's what you are talking about then no. They come with little disc that have chip readers in them and you need those to use the characters in game.

Since we are getting a playable level for portal, do you think we could possibly see GLaDOS in the level and build her based off the model in the game?

Portal could be anything...Lego themes are full of portals, and the main object in dimensions is portal. I want it to happen, but I need proof first.

That's a little crazy... I feel sorry for the creator of the Ideas project. I wonder if we'll get a Zelda pack (not likely with Nintendo Amiibo) ...

EDIT: Is that a new mold on the gun? :wub_drool:

Edited by Master_Data

That's a little crazy... I feel sorry for the creator of the Ideas project. I wonder if we'll get a Zelda pack (not likely with Nintendo Amiibo) ...

We would never get Zelda- this is a multi-console game to boot.

This is a triumph! I'm making a note here: huge success! It's hard to overstate my satisfaction! :grin:

Portal gun! :wub: I was afraid it would just be a white stud shooter, so it's great to see it's a completely new mold! I guess that's the advantage of getting this as a Dimensions pack instead of a Cuusoo set, that we can get new molds like this. Same goes for the sonic screwdriver. Chell's printing is excellent too! We already guessed the turret, but I'm a little surprised that we got a companion cube instead of a core, although I guess it's more iconic, so I don't mind it at all.

I'm also surprised about the TV in the Simpsons pack. It's nice, but what's the in-game use for it? :sceptic: I like some of the other builds too, like the raptor, and the giant sandwich in the Scooby pack is hilarious.

I can't wait for the Portal pack. I wish we had a release date for it. And I really hope we will get more Portal sets!

I agree with Oky on all the Portal stuff (HYPE TRAIN )

But also, the new Doctor Who and BTTF stuff look fabulous as well.

I am so psyched for the Portal pack, especially if it means we might get other Portal sets in the future, regardless I'm just so happy we get this! Regardless of whether or not I decide to get the game, I'm getting that pack. New portal gun mold, so awesome!

We would never get Zelda- this is a multi-console game to boot.

Just wishful thinking.

Portal gun! :wub: I was afraid it would just be a white stud shooter, so it's great to see it's a completely new mold! I guess that's the advantage of getting this as a Dimensions pack instead of a Cuusoo set, that we can get new molds like this. Same goes for the sonic screwdriver.

New molds were completely unexpected. Hope they aren't one-shots. I really don't want to spend $24.99-$29.99 just for the gun (I'm not getting the game).

Looking at the set inventory, the only parts that aren't showing up in the Brickset database as existing in other sets are:

the 1 x 2 wheels holder in light bley (seems to be a new piece but will likely show up elsewhere since I doubt they would make it just for BTTF)

the 3 game base pieces

the hoverboard

and the red guitar.

All of the parts of the minifig are the same as in the Ideas set.

So unless you want to pay a lot of money for a hoverboard and a red guitar, there is probably no reason to buy this set as a parts pack.

For the Dr Who set the new parts are:

the 3 game base pieces

the head

the sonic screwdriver

the torso

the legs

the 2 x 4 printed Tardis tiles

the 1 x 2 printed K9 tile

the hair piece

Its possible the Dr Who Ideas project will contain some of these (the screwdriver, hair, torso, head, legs)

The info we have also confirms that the rumored Ghostbusters pack isn't part of the "first wave" if it exists at all (otherwise it would be printed in the back with the others)

Not going to go through the other packs we have instructions for (Simpsons, Portal) as I have no interest in those sets. Someone else will have to do those to figure out what is new/unique in the sets :)

Right now how many ex-Cuusoo/Ideas project themes are appearing in this new product eh ? :hmpf_bad:

Eleven (all of them), since you can find stuff pertaining to all eleven of these themes on Ideas even now. If you're referring specifically to past projects that got all their votes and made it to review, then four - two of which actually had projects approved (Back to the Future and Doctor Who) and two of which so far have not (Portal and The Wizard of Oz).

From your expression ":hmpf_bad:" I'm guessing you don't approve?

I posted this over in the LEGO Dimensions thread in Culture & Multimedia, but it's relevant here, too:

Okay, so here are all the known sets and set numbers (at least, all the ones known to me):

71170 - PS3 Starter Pack

71171 - PS4 Starter Pack

71172 - XBox One Starter Pack

71173 - XBox 360 Starter Pack

71174 - Wii U Starter Pack

71201 - Level Pack: Back to the Future

71202 - Level Pack: The Simpsons

71203 - Level Pack: Portal 2

71204 - Level Pack: Doctor Who

71205 - Team Pack: Jurassic World

71206 - Team Pack: Scooby-Doo!

71207 - Team Pack: NinjaGo

71208 - ?

71209 - Fun Pack: DC Comics (Wonder Woman)

71210 - Fun Pack: DC Comics (Cyborg)

71211 - Fun Pack: The Simpsons (Bart Simpson)

71212 - Fun Pack: The LEGO Movie (Emmet)

71213 - Fun Pack: The LEGO Movie (Bad Cop)

71214 - Fun Pack: The LEGO Movie (Benny)

71215 - Fun Pack: NinjaGo (Jay)

71216 - Fun Pack: NinjaGo (Nya)

71217 - Fun Pack: NinjaGo (Zane)

71218 - Fun Pack: The Lord of the Rings (Gollum)

71219 - Fun Pack: The Lord of the Rings (Legolas)

71220 - Fun Pack: The Lord of the Rings (Gimli)

71221 - Fun Pack: The Wizard of Oz (Wicked Witch)

71222 - Fun Pack: Legends of Chima (Laval)

71223 - Fun Pack: Legends of Chima (Cragger)

71224 - ?

71225 - ?

71226 - ?

71227 - Fun Pack: The Simpsons (Krusty the Clown)

71228 - ?

71229 - ?

71230 - ?

71231 - Fun Pack: The LEGO Movie (Unikitty)

71232 - Fun Pack: Legends of Chima (Eris)

Note the multiple conspicuous gaps in the numbering. Note also that while most of the Fun Packs from any particular theme are numerically grouped together, a few of them aren't (Bart and Krusty, Unikitty, Eris), indicating those blank spaces aren't necessarily for the adjacent themes (if they're for themes listed here at all in the first place). And note further we still have no specific pack info for Ghostbusters, despite the extended announcement video's unambiguous tease of the theme.

So... Continue speculating! ;)

Edited by Blondie-Wan