Plenty of CMFs have printed feet on normal legs. The battle goddess and space miner are a couple examples.

That's not what I'm talking about. Printing on the front and side hasn't been a problem in ages, but the top of the feet is still more or less a trouble area. The polybag version of Rocket Raccoon is one of the rare instances I've seen them print on top of the foot. I'm guessing the budget for these minifigures will be higher than what would normally come in a set, so there's a good chance we'll get some fantastically detailed minifigures out of this.

Perhaps we'll even get Jurassic Park minifigures. Many of the designs in the game feature a lot of printing, perhaps they'd be better suited to be released in Dimensions packs.

Edited by strangely

10yhnxg.png

anyone else see this? its apparently the full (at least, full as of release) character roster for the game. now, i can make out most of the already shown ones, plus some simpsons, and i think a few chima figs, although i could be wrong on those, but what really interests me is number 3. is that chell from portal? flesh tone skin, white shirt, orange lower body, and holding what looks like a white tube with blue at the end, which could be a portal gun. i know that seems way out of left field, but we got wizard of oz figs, and didn't a portal project reach 10,000 on ideas a while back? could this be them acting on that?

sorry if im like, way off here, but that's the only one i can tell that doesn't fit into an existing theme other than the oz figs, and the only thing i can see it being is chell.

discuss away i guess, and sorry if this should go into the non physical thread, just figured since all of these are likely to be released as physical figs may as well put it here/

anyone else see this? its apparently the full (at least, full as of release) character roster for the game. now, i can make out most of the already shown ones, plus some simpsons, and i think a few chima figs, although i could be wrong on those, but what really interests me is number 3. is that chell from portal? flesh tone skin, white shirt, orange lower body, and holding what looks like a white tube with blue at the end, which could be a portal gun. i know that seems way out of left field, but we got wizard of oz figs, and didn't a portal project reach 10,000 on ideas a while back? could this be them acting on that?

sorry if im like, way off here, but that's the only one i can tell that doesn't fit into an existing theme other than the oz figs, and the only thing i can see it being is chell.

discuss away i guess, and sorry if this should go into the non physical thread, just figured since all of these are likely to be released as physical figs may as well put it here/

Why is the image so fuzzy ?

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

Why is the image so fuzzy ?

its pulled from a low quality pic of the games box, sorry, if i can find a higher quality one ill post it up.

So it looks like the figures are:

1. Marty McFly

2. Homer

6. Scooby Doo

7. Shaggy

9. The Flash

13. The Joker

14. Harley quinn

16. Superman

17. Aquaman

19. Wonder Woman

20. Cyborg

21. Bart

22. Emmet

23. WyldStyle

25. Jay

26. Nya

27. Zane

28. Golum

29. Legolas

30. Gimli

32. Laval

33. Cragger

34. Krusty the Clown

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

6. Scooby

7. Shaggy

14. Harley Quinn

19. Wonder Woman

20. Cyborg

41. Daphne (I'm not entirely sure on this one but I think I see some orange and purple)

1-marty mcfly

2-homer

4- possibly the doctor (10 or 11 maybe?) or one of the ghostbusters, atleast from speculation ive read so far.

5-wicked witch

25-jay

26-nya

27-zane

28-golunm

29-legolas

30-gimmli

and im still convinced 3 is chell, just considering the thing in her hand and the flesh tone.

anyone else see this? its apparently the full (at least, full as of release) character roster for the game.

Uh wait, let's make it back to the topic. First, if it's a true list, does the list mean to show all phyisical minifigures that would be released in supplemental packs? And if that's true, do we also have characters unlockable via game but without physical packs that don't appear in this list?

Thanks guys, I updated the list with all of them we are fairly certain about

You're missing several characters who are officially known. There are nineteen characters that have been specifically announced, including everybody from the starter set and all packs:

Jay

Nya

Zane

Cole

Kai

Emmet

Wyldstyle

Unikitty

Benny

Bad Cop

Gandalf

Legolas

Gimli

Gollum

Batman

Wonder Woman

Cyborg

Marty McFly

The Wicked Witch of the West

... though I don't profess to be able to match up all of them with those blurry smears from the box picture.

Uh wait, let's make it back to the topic. First, if it's a true list, does the list mean to show all phyisical minifigures that would be released in supplemental packs? And if that's true, do we also have characters unlockable via game but without physical packs that don't appear in this list?

I don't know, but my guess is that every playable character in the game will be made playable via a real-world figure (i.e., we won't just unlock characters in-game without having actual figures that come with their bases, and the only characters we can play using the base set without any add-ons are Wyldstyle, Batman and Gandalf).

I also suspect it is not meant to be the full list of all characters that will ever be released for the game, but just the initial ones released either at launch or soon after (within the first year).

I don't know, but my guess is that every playable character in the game will be made playable via a real-world figure (i.e., we won't just unlock characters in-game without having actual figures that come with their bases, and the only characters we can play using the base set without any add-ons are Wyldstyle, Batman and Gandalf).

I also suspect it is not meant to be the full list of all characters that will ever be released for the game, but just the initial ones released either at launch or soon after (within the first year).

Agree... if there are just many additional unlockable characters like older LEGO PC games have, the interactive play would be meaningless. But that means this game would be relatively restricted if it's unable to provide as many characters as other LEGO games do for now.

Hopefully this leaves room for a second wave of character packs featuring more themes. Otherwise, if Dimensions isn't successful enough, we could only get these confirmed characters in the future.

There should be some Jurassic World figures among the list as well.

Also, new Portal sets?!

As said, if LEGO goes with having all physical figures, I'd be surprised alittle bit with that Chima packs are also in this line rather than just giving unphysical characters.

Yeah, please bring us any Portal set along with Oz :angry:.

Edited by Dorayaki

#3 is definitely Chell, new listings have been discovered on Walmart's website.

Chima - Laval Fun Pack

Chima - Eris Fun Pack

Chima - Cragger Fun Pack

Jurassic World Team Pack

Scooby Doo Team Pack

The Simpsons Level Pack

Portal Level Pack

Also, new Portal sets?!

BRUH, I WAS RIGHT! WOOHOO! 6/7, just didn't guess Jurassic World.

You're missing several characters who are officially known. There are nineteen characters that have been specifically announced, including everybody from the starter set and all packs:

... though I don't profess to be able to match up all of them with those blurry smears from the box picture.

Aye I know, that's why I didn't put them on the list though. No one seems to know which ones they are from the blurry pictures.

#3 is definitely Chell, new listings have been discovered on Walmart's website.

Chima - Laval Fun Pack

Chima - Eris Fun Pack

Chima - Cragger Fun Pack

Jurassic World Team Pack

Scooby Doo Team Pack

The Simpsons Level Pack

Portal Level Pack

Also, new Portal sets?!

Part of me thinks that still doesn't necessarily mean that Portal, since it doesn't give any information about just what portal it is, and lots of different franchises and LEGO themes involve portals of one sort or another - indeed, even this very game itself is already based around a portal. But it certainly lends credence to the idea of it being Portal the videogame franchise.

The other franchises here are all expected, though.

I have to assume the prices listed there are just placeholders or something, and that they won't really charge as much as $60 for add-ons, but you never know...

Part of me thinks that still doesn't necessarily mean that Portal, since it doesn't give any information about just what portal it is, and lots of different franchises and LEGO themes involve portals of one sort or another - indeed, even this very game itself is already based around a portal. But it certainly lends credence to the idea of it being Portal the videogame franchise.

The other franchises here are all expected, though.

I have to assume the prices listed there are just placeholders or something, and that they won't really charge as much as $60 for add-ons, but you never know...

All of the other level packs (well, the other two at least) are specifically named after the IP which they're based on. With Chell seemingly appearing on box anyway, I can't think of what else it could be referring to. Though I do wish they would make some sort of announcement before debuting these new IPs in Dimensions, surely there will be something more to go along with the Wizard of Oz and potential Portal appearance, hopefully some sets. Kind of sucks to find out like this, not knowing what else may be coming. I can certainly see LEGO trying to get some Portal sets made after the Ideas project proved how popular it could be, maybe they just wanted to do it justice by introducing new molds, which couldn't be done under the Ideas/Cuusoo label?

The prices are definitely placeholders, though. The packs that we've seen so far are all priced much lower, and these will likely be more of the same, simply with different themes.

So what kind of builds do you think these level packs will include? Assuming they will be like the BTTF pack, there will be two small builds for each which will be playable objects in the game. For Portal, one of the builds will probably be GLaDOS and the other maybe Wheatley or maybe a turret? Can't think of much else that would be of any in-game use.

For the Simpsons, it will probably be Homer with the Simpsons family car and... I don't know... a couch? :tongue: I'm not a big Simpsons fan, so I can't think of anything that would be iconic enough to include in the set and be playable in the game as well.

You forgot the companion cube and "the cake lied"(Portal reference).

Is it possible the Level Packs won't all uniformly follow a "1 minifigure and 2 other builds" model - that one might have two minifigures, for example, like a Team Pack?

You forgot the companion cube and "the cake lied"(Portal reference).

I thought about the cube actually, but I don't think it would be of much use in the game or make for an interesting build for that matter. All the other models have either been creatures or vehicles, things that you can play as in the game. The cube wouldn't be playable.

Is it possible the Level Packs won't all uniformly follow a "1 minifigure and 2 other builds" model - that one might have two minifigures, for example, like a Team Pack?

I guess it's possible, although having more than one minifigure is a characteristic I thought is supposed to be specific to the Team Packs.

Who knows. The "fun packs" are $15 and come with 35-60 pieces, a single minifigure, and a small build. The level packs are $30 and come with a minifigure, 2 builds, about 100 pieces and a game level. If the team packs have 2-3 minifigures, some in game content, and a fairly significant build (200+ pieces), then I could see them retailing for $60. That would be right on target with the other offerings...

So what kind of builds do you think these level packs will include? Assuming they will be like the BTTF pack, there will be two small builds for each which will be playable objects in the game. For Portal, one of the builds will probably be GLaDOS and the other maybe Wheatley or maybe a turret? Can't think of much else that would be of any in-game use.

For the Simpsons, it will probably be Homer with the Simpsons family car and... I don't know... a couch? :tongue: I'm not a big Simpsons fan, so I can't think of anything that would be iconic enough to include in the set and be playable in the game as well.

im betting it will be a core (likely wheatley), and maybe a cube, i doubt glados would be a build, there would be no in game use. with a core they can plug into machines, with cubes or turrets, well those are obvious, but what use would you have to actively put your own enemy into the game? also, holy crud i cant belive i was actually right about portal coming in!

im betting it will be a core (likely wheatley), and maybe a cube, i doubt glados would be a build, there would be no in game use. with a core they can plug into machines, with cubes or turrets, well those are obvious, but what use would you have to actively put your own enemy into the game? also, holy crud i cant belive i was actually right about portal coming in!

Good point, I guess. It just seems odd to get Chell, but not GLaDOS. I thought maybe you could play as her in the open world, controlling machines and such. But since she's just a robot head hanging from a ceiling, I guess you wouldn't be able to move around with her and it would be tricky to build her on one of those Dimensions stands. Unless they use her potato body from Portal 2. :tongue: So I'm guessing Wheatley and a turret.

Good point, I guess. It just seems odd to get Chell, but not GLaDOS. I thought maybe you could play as her in the open world, controlling machines and such. But since she's just a robot head hanging from a ceiling, I guess you wouldn't be able to move around with her and it would be tricky to build her on one of those Dimensions stands. Unless they use her potato body from Portal 2. :tongue: So I'm guessing Wheatley and a turret.

i could see glados still being in the game, just as an antagonist in the portal levels, not as a playable character. however, depending on the way the game works we could possibly get instructions for her, if its like the movie game where you can unlock instructions for in game builds by finding the golden boxes.

off topic, but i haven't heard news of any oz sets coming in the future, the inclusion of that in game could just be because warner owns it, but as far as i know warner does not have license for portal, so does this mean licensed portal sets are likley in the future?