Silent Nomad

LEGO Guardians of the Galaxy Teaser Poster

Around mid-March of this year I decided to fool around with the new pdf versions of the LEGO Magazine, specifically the July 2014 issue, found here. I discovered some links in the page's source code that lead to the zoomed-in images of the first three pages, and I realized that those links were the same except for the page numbers. This surprised me, since this isn't usually how LEGO makes links, and I thought that maybe I could replace those numbers with later page numbers, with a view to recreating the Guardians of the Galaxy centerfold found in that issue. This worked, giving me two images to combine into one, which I did, giving me this image:

17084010662_c5257e9684_z.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy Teaser (centerfold from Jul-Aug 2014 LEGO Magazine) by Silent Nomad, on Flickr

Then I thought about a website I'd used in the past to basically dissect PDF files, so I took the PDF version of the magazine and separated pages 24 and 25 from the rest with a program that does something similar to one of the things this website does, and ran it through the first website, which showed me two images that I was able to piece back together into this image:

16898294988_36f3a61bde_z.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy Teaser (centerfold from Jul-Aug 2014 LEGO Magazine, without extra text) by Silent Nomad, on Flickr

I then took that image and did a little editing, which basically consisted of adjusting the ppi (pixels per inch), and cropping just a bit off the top and bottom, which then gave me a 24x36 inch image, which I then made into a PDF file to preserve the size, as well as make it a bit harder to edit, and I finally decided to share that PDF with all of you as well, so here you go.

I wanted to share the process I went through to get that poster so I could share my discoveries, as well as the resources I used to make them, so any one of you can do something similar if you find something worth using those methods on.

-Nomad

Edited by Silent Nomad