minchellabrick

Future of LDD: Next Lego Digital Designer Update?

A simple twitter account for the LDD team to give official news on would be a simple and free way for LDD fans to kept up to date

I agree with thorshammer, it would cost nothing for them to set one up, and would help prevent people from getting contradictory responses from customer services.

I'm beginning to wonder if they are waiting for force Friday to update LDD bricks (there are a few star wars only bricks in there already) perhaps they want to make sure there are no leaks through LDD bricks either? obviously they would have some form of digital model of all the new molds, and its not hard to think that there would be a chance that those could slip into a bricks update "accidently" (I say that because I doubt such a leak could be an accident) but to be on the safe side no update at all means no possibility of a leak and an LDD leak cant be easily retracted.

I'm beginning to wonder if they are waiting for force Friday to update LDD bricks (there are a few star wars only bricks in there already) perhaps they want to make sure there are no leaks through LDD bricks either? obviously they would have some form of digital model of all the new molds, and its not hard to think that there would be a chance that those could slip into a bricks update "accidently" (I say that because I doubt such a leak could be an accident) but to be on the safe side no update at all means no possibility of a leak and an LDD leak cant be easily retracted.

I remember something like this, they accidentally put the Ninjago Techno Blade piece in one update a few months before that wave of sets were supposed to come out.

How do you know September 4th it could be a lot sooner.

it could be but as I speculated above Lego have 'accidently" placed bricks for sets not out yet into LDD early. and with the star wars sets (due to be released on Sept 4th) under lock and key they do not want any leaks. safest thing in my mind if I were them is to hold off on releasing LDD updates until that is no longer an issue so September 4th is the earliest safe day for that. again its only speculation at this point. (also its only 3 weeks away which isn't very long at all now)

LDD will probably receive a "Fall Update", usually mid-October to mid-November. Seems doubtful considering the communications we have received from LEGO have stated that LDD is not a priority at the moment.

how do you get the different badges like the LDD BUILDER badge and how do you level up on here?

Level up? As in Duke and stuff? It's amount of posts. The badges are earned - I won a few contests, which is why I have the ghost and the scythe blade. The LDD Builder I got during the LDD House contest (which you can see my entry in my signature, I gotta get rid of that or something)

Has any one asked a " Lego ambassador",I did not see any sign of any posts in the Embassy.

Using the official channels may be fruitful,I have my self used them in the past and got good results.

Has any one asked a " Lego ambassador",I did not see any sign of any posts in the Embassy.

Using the official channels may be fruitful,I have my self used them in the past and got good results.

Anyone want to try this?