minchellabrick

Future of LDD: Next Lego Digital Designer Update?

I doubt the update will be 5.0 until Windows 10 has been widely released, as the LDD programmers will need to be sure any new functions will work in the new version of the OS.

I expect to see some of the newer parts that have come out of Elves, Chima and Ninjago. Hopefully the mini-doll parts will be there as well. I have an idea for the head itself, but the part doesn't come in the color I'd need it in.

Do we have any official report from TLG saying they'll release the new LDD update when Windows 10 comes out or is that just speculation?

Just come back from 5 weed holiday. Nothing has happened.

You must be rolling your joints wrong. ;)

At this point I'm expecting it may be August or later by the time we get an update. Hopefully, that will mean it'll include parts from both this past winter's sets and the summer sets, though there's really no telling. Have I mentioned before how much I wish there were an LDD team blog or something that could at least keep us posted on what kind of timeframe to expect, and possibly explain the reasons for delays?

I've rushed to my computer twice just in the past week with inspiration for a great use of a piece, only to remember it was just released in January.

:wall::cry3:

Have I mentioned before how much I wish there were an LDD team blog or something that could at least keep us posted on what kind of timeframe to expect, and possibly explain the reasons for delays?

thats a really good idea, now I wish there was one as well.

Just rang lego spoke to somewone who had inside info on the next LDD update. he said it wil be out in the next few days.

I'm repeating - please do not spread rumors about a release without hard facts! Who did you talk to? When? What exactly was said?

It is an extremely small likely likelihood that someone working at the Customer Services would spread information about upcoming releases, when we haven't seen any such pre-info for the past 5 years of LDD releases.

I'm repeating - please do not spread rumors about a release without hard facts! Who did you talk to? When? What exactly was said?

Well last summer when the 2H technic sets came out we had those new parts updated on LDD aswel, so my guess is that maybe we won't have a new version of LDD, but for sure we will get these 2015 new parts anyway....or at least I hope so!

Yes it is true

You keep saying that, but you haven't given us any reason to believe what you're saying. Don't get me wrong—I'd really, really like to believe you—but I've been waiting for this update for too long to allow myself to cling to any false hope that presents itself.

Any information at all that could back up your claim would be much appreciated. Who exactly did you talk to? What exactly did they say? Currently your claim sounds no more credible than a kid's claim that their uncle works for Lego and they have an inside scoop on what themes are coming out a year from now.

I don't believe Minch because as Lyichir said...no hard proof....I do believe that it is possible in the next few days as Windows 10 is out on Wednesday the 29th of July 2015 and f that's what they're waiting for well that's just a few days away too