Sign in to follow this  
def

Pelly's Paradise Day Two: Two Wild and Crazy Guys

Since I was the cop, I find this unlikely. There is the possibility that I was the insane cop, but I honestly don't think this would be fair to the town.

We need to vote on who should be the vig and who should be the cop. What is everyone's thoughts on this? Dave has already suggested himself...

Looks like the cop issue has been resolved... I guess....

Sorry I grabbed the investigator

this might seem to eager

but I thought it needed to stay in town's hands

and I'm willing to follow the group's demands

I hope however that the doctor

is willing to be my protector

Considering that the vig and cop are out

it's important that the doctor/protector closes his mouth

I love Mencot

1. Mary Jane's Locks

2. Starlord's Mask Zepher

3. Blackbeard's Shag Pirate dave

4. War Machine's Similar Helmet

5. Storm's Lightning jluck

6. The Falcon's Wings Lady K

7. Gandolf's Pointy Cap

8. Aquaman's Coilf Mencot

Well guys, I gotta go. For God's sake, make a good decision about the vig hat. The scum can't be getting that every time!

Jluck's pick was wrong

the complete list was not copied along

Mencot is amazing

I find him fascinating

1. Mary Jane's Locks

4. War Machine's Similar Helmet

7. Gandolf's Pointy Cap

I copied the list that was available when I chose, what did I do wrong? Does def's list fix everything?

Someone used the poetry action against Walter... but he made a post earlier without verse.

Seems there is a lot of mis-remembering and mis-reading going on. My curse doesn't take effect until tomorrow. :blush:

Oh, well, it gave some good rhyming practice.

Just thinking out loud here.

I'm still trying to work out how we could have gotten the results we did without anyone lying. Shadows re-directing the Vig kill explains TPRU's death, and why Tammo's action didn't work.

So Shadows just told me that draggy was the cop.

Wait, how did Shadows know Draggy was the Cop? And Draggy wouldn't have gotten an answer, as he was killed during the night, and even if he did couldn't pass the information on (I seriously doubt Draggy of all people would break the 'Once your dead, your dead' rule.) Did Draggy claim to Shadows on Day 1? (Honestly, that of all things wouldn't surprise me.)

Draggy makes sense as a scum kill only if the scum knew he was a Cop. And if the scum knew he had the Cop costume, Draggy becomes a very tempting target. That would suggest Shadows is Scum (He would have told his scum-buddies where the Cop costume is; Cop doesn't help the Scum [unless it becomes rolecop in their hands]). That would make the third figure a SK (or something similar, targeting either Draggy or TPRU). In this scenario, Tammo is almost certainly Town.

But are there any other possibilities. Could there be a Framer costume? Seems very unlikely, as the Town would have absolutely no use for it. Lightning Rod? Then no kills would have happened, as there is bound to be at least one Protective costume out there negating the kills.

So Shadows, when and how did you find out that Draggy was the Cop?

Jluck's pick was wrong

If I'm online to keep it updated, I will. If I'm not online, it'll be first proper dibs. No conflict, so no problem. Timing is the one problem with this system... just ask Lady K.

I copied the list that was available when I chose, what did I do wrong? Does def's list fix everything?

You cross posted with Lady K

Recopy the list and you'll be OK

Mencot my love

be my dove

You and I posted at the exact same time, so your list wasn't up to date because mine posted first.

If I'm online to keep it updated, I will. If I'm not online, it'll be first proper dibs. No conflict, so no problem. Timing is the one problem with this system... just ask Lady K.

:thumbup:

1. Mary Jane's Locks

4. War Machine's Similar Helmet fhomess

7. Gandolf's Pointy Cap

Thou shalt not allow such things to be used against the righteous.

1. Mary Jane's Locks

7. Gandolf's Pointy Cap

Well ... I thought we agreed to discuss this

Way to go now now I want to lynch you for this

Mencot is pretty

I am so lucky

To have a guy

That's so fly

1. Mary Jane's Locks

7. Gandolf's Pointy Cap

Unless scum use the thief or redirect to steal it away from town every night and use it against town. A very unhappy thought!

1. Mary Jane's Locks

7. Gandolf's Pointy Cap Dragonfire

Tammo, yesterday you listed Zepher, Bob and I as your three townreads.

Last night you attempted to kill Zepher.

Today you said that there is nobody left to choose a costume that you townread. At this point, Zepher and I had not chosen costumes.

Please explain your thought process.

Oh and fhomess, I find that scummy. Incredibly scummy.

Well ... I thought we agreed to discuss this

Way to go now now I want to lynch you for this

Actually, in thinking about it, would it be so bad to lose the vigilante costume? The scum know the thief and redirect costumes and they can presumably now alter the results of the vigilante to make it anti-town. Not to mention that the scum can just grab it up in the later game if the town is too slow to seize it. I know it's a bit of a taboo thing to say, but maybe we're better off without it? However, if we're set on keeping it, we shouldn't lynch him today or else we'll lose it.

1. Mary Jane's Locks

7. Gandolf's Pointy Cap Dragonfire

Darkdragon gets Mary Jane.

Voting opens in about 11 hours, get yourself ready!

Actually, in thinking about it, would it be so bad to lose the vigilante costume? The scum know the thief and redirect costumes and they can presumably now alter the results of the vigilante to make it anti-town. Not to mention that the scum can just grab it up in the later game if the town is too slow to seize it. I know it's a bit of a taboo thing to say, but maybe we're better off without it? However, if we're set on keeping it, we shouldn't lynch him today or else we'll lose it.

This is an interesting thought

but more harm could be brought

considering we might have an insane cop

this could bring town to a flop

I think we need our 2 actions + lynch for now

to catch more scum this would allow

Wait, how did Shadows know Draggy was the Cop? And Draggy wouldn't have gotten an answer, as he was killed during the night, and even if he did couldn't pass the information on (I seriously doubt Draggy of all people would break the 'Once your dead, your dead' rule.) Did Draggy claim to Shadows on Day 1? (Honestly, that of all things wouldn't surprise me.)

Draggy makes sense as a scum kill only if the scum knew he was a Cop. And if the scum knew he had the Cop costume, Draggy becomes a very tempting target. That would suggest Shadows is Scum (He would have told his scum-buddies where the Cop costume is; Cop doesn't help the Scum [unless it becomes rolecop in their hands]). That would make the third figure a SK (or something similar, targeting either Draggy or TPRU). In this scenario, Tammo is almost certainly Town.

But are there any other possibilities. Could there be a Framer costume? Seems very unlikely, as the Town would have absolutely no use for it. Lightning Rod? Then no kills would have happened, as there is bound to be at least one Protective costume out there negating the kills.

So Shadows, when and how did you find out that Draggy was the Cop?

Agreed on almost all of this. I imagine Draggy must have claimed to Shadows on Day One. I can't imagine a reason for Shadows to lie about it as either town or scum... regardless of what side Shadows is on I can't think of any reason he would lie about it - as town it obviously hurts the town, and as scum it's... totally useless, right? I seriously can't think of a benefit of making it up. It does make it so that we question our other investigator... but would Shadows put himself on the line for that, especially so early. I don't often see scum outing themselves for crazy tactics early in the game, but then again this isn't a conventional game.

Brick's reaction to it still confuses me, though. He says it can't be true, but doesn't offer any rational for why Shadows might make up this lie, and doesn't even really respond to the fact that his hat could be an insane cop. He just says "no" but doesn't dig any deeper than that. :sceptic: We've even explained that in the past in similar games there has been an insane cop, but he still won't believe.

As for the framer, I absolutely agree that there can't possibly be one. I don't think there's any roles that would only be useful to scum, and even if there were unless the scum happened to get it Day One and managed to lock it down again today, whoever got it would immediately out it. It also has no benefit for the town - even an insane cop can be useful to the town once they figure out that it's insane. Framer not so. I don't think Pelly would make a costume that only helps one side.

However, I'm starting to get a funny feeling that my original suspicion of you was correct and that I shouldn't have been so quick to dismiss it as crazy. A good test of that was telling you Draggy's role and watching you run here to post it as quickly as you could, hoping to discredit the report that you came up scum in an investigation as opposed to carefully considering what releasing that information publicly would do to the town. I was concerned enough to only share it privately, you didn't seem to care. That is pretty scummy looking, to me.

So I'm not supposed to bring to light information that helps town? Dragonator's dead - his results won't help us anymore, so there's no reason to conceal his role.

It isn't about saving my skin. I definitely don't want to get lynched, but if I'm going to go down, I'm bringing some scum with me.

Just woke up today, and before I go over anything I would like to say:

In my opening post, I said "let's lynch this bastard". I hope you all know that I said that in the spirit of this game. I respect Tammo as the great player that he is, and I would never want to breach my friendship with him by calling him rude names.

Awww, it's ok. :wub:

I have to say that I am very suspicious now more than ever of Brickelodeon. He has been very vocal and out front with too many claiming a towny feeling on him on just the first two days. He grabbed the cowl, claims a cop claimed to him, ......doesn't this sound familiar to anyone? Maybe I am just remembering a certain forest where a particular tree was vocal, out front, townie in appearance with trees claiming to him early, and look how that turned out.

This is a really good point. I found myself inclined to trust him last night and earlier today since in my experience vocal means town. But after being so totally duped last time, I can't be so sure this time.

I was the cop. I said that someone else was the cop to avoid the scum from grabbing the cop hat and preventing the town from using it. I don't know if Dragonator really had a cop hat or of someone is lying. I sincerely hope that it is the latter. As for my grabbing of the Flash Hat? I did it so that Tammo couldn't. If he grabbed it, he would take it to his grave and we would lose it. This might not have been a bad thing, but I was in a rush, so I didn't think about every option.

Well, Draggy wouldn't lie about having a cop action as town, so either Shadows lied about it or it was real. It makes sense though, an insane cop is usually paired with a sane one. Remember in Bloodbrick I? That went horribly wrong because of an insane cop.

Since I was the cop, I find this unlikely. There is the possibility that I was the insane cop, but I honestly don't think this would be fair to the town.

:sceptic:

Didn't we just have a naive cop last game? If you're town, your cop action is insane. It's not stacked against town, since they had a real one too - he just got unlucky.

Yes.

That makes sense - both Draggy and TPRU would have been great SK targets (under the radar and not too vocal but not necessarily likely to be scum), and that explains what happened. Shadows redirected me to TinyPies and his scum team killed Dragonator because he told him his role.

The only unresolved issue here is this: why would Shadows then tell me Draggy had claimed cop? That just illustrates my point that I was checked by the insane cop.

1. Mary Jane's Locks

7. Gandolf's Pointy Cap

:thumbdown:

This is scum trying to take advantage of a messy situation.

Tammo, yesterday you listed Zepher, Bob and I as your three townreads.

Last night you attempted to kill Zepher.

Today you said that there is nobody left to choose a costume that you townread. At this point, Zepher and I had not chosen costumes.

Please explain your thought process.

Brickelodeon and I were talking about it last night (ironic, huh?), and we decided that Zepher would be the best kill. I had a townread on him early on, but the vote on DarkDragon was scummy to me. Scum are the ones who like to "poke" at quieter players - not town.

I'm starting to agree with this.

I would like to say, if Tammo turns up scum tomorrow, Zepher is most likely town. Unless Tammo lied about trying to kill him, why would scum try to kill their own?

Apologies, Brick did acknowledge the possibility of an insane cop, but said he thought it would be "unfair to the town" and I again will have to ask him what he thinks Draggy's claim meant, then.

Again, why in the world would Shadows tell us about Draggy's claim if he offed him as scum? That would be something he would never tell anyone. I really can't think of an incentive for him to tell us that. Even if there were two cops, he'd have no way to know which one was the insane one... right? So... no, I literally can't think of any scenario where Shadows wasn't telling the truth, and we know Draggy was town so he can't have been lying. I'm sure we had two cops, there's just no way to know which one we lost.

And Bob and Tammo, I really don't think we should get rid of the vig. We know the vig, redirector, and stealer. If things don't go right in the night, we'll know it's one of those people's fault. I think now that those three are out in the open, it would be very hard for the scum to abuse without giving up one of their own. Unless there's another funky costume... but I can't imagine there is... I hope there isn't or else there's no way we'll ever make sense of the nights.

I don't think we should get rid of the vig just yet. As long as we have the cop hat, and we can confirm townies, I think it is to our advantage to keep it around. Dave has the cop today, so we should probably have the doctor use his action on him tonight. The watcher should probably use his ability on either me or Zepher.

I would like to say, if Tammo turns up scum tomorrow, Zepher is most likely town. Unless Tammo lied about trying to kill him, why would scum try to kill their own?

So if Tammo is scum, Zepher is Town

And if Tammo is town, Shadows is not town?

Unless he lied

unless they all lied .... :wacko:

M is for Marvelous

E is for Enamoured

N is for Noble

C is for Caring

O is for Outstanding

T is for Tender

:wub: