Thank you for sharing, and Very nicely done. My Lego room is just full of boxes/storage (Ikea/Costco).

This thread reminds me of an older hobby of mine (reefing, saltwater tanks with fish/corals). Most people would talk primarily about their live specimens, but every now and then some forum members would talk about 'building the fish room'.

Very novel what you've done!

The room is wonderful, so clean and tidy! I love it!!!

You should be extremely pleased with yourself!!

thanks again all! i am pretty pleased with the outcome, i'll be more pleased with myself when i finish the deck i need to build :)

Bins with bricks are not covered. Don't you have problem with dust?

nah it wasn't a problem before when we had it in the basement (which is oddly always freakin' dusty). i'm sure some get in there and after like a year you might notice it, but most dust settles on the top of bin frames/shelf so it's hasn't been a problem. it's more of a problem with displayed models, but I'm not into the glass case look so I'll just deal with it. it's probably more of an issue with stupid pet hairs, but this new room is off limits the cats so hopefully it will be better than it has been.

Edited by droomangroup

AWESOME room 'droomangroup'........it gives me ideas from my Lego Man-cave........Brick On 'droomangroup' ! :grin:

This is a great room. Somehow very 'realistic' in the sense at is not an overly large room, your collection is not monstreous and it use easy to get Ikea stuff. I hope I'll be able to have something like this one dat.

If Rick didn't frontpage it, this could fly under my radar. It's worthy to mention and it excites me greatly to see your progress too. I also dream to own my personal LEGO room and I am still bearing this dream and could draw inspiration from you, perhaps in a few years time. Thank you for sharing with us.

The room is really great! I will think most of us are jealous of you!

Next up...I think you better start planning for expansion of storage space especially when you get into the swing of building! :laugh:

Nice. I really like the Ikea drawers. They give the storage system a uniform look without being overly costly or heavy.

Fantastic result, Its really nice to have the space to set it all up and lay it out in the most efficient way, well done, happy building

It looks great and very professional, with regards to both the construction and integration of Lego bricks+decals. Love the lighting too- though I probably would have gone with a RGB led strip (because there are lighting maniacs in my household).

If Rick didn't frontpage it, this could fly under my radar. It's worthy to mention and it excites me greatly to see your progress too. I also dream to own my personal LEGO room and I am still bearing this dream and could draw inspiration from you, perhaps in a few years time. Thank you for sharing with us.

wow frontpage! woot! thanks again for all the nice comments!

The room is really great! I will think most of us are jealous of you!

Next up...I think you better start planning for expansion of storage space especially when you get into the swing of building! :laugh:

ha, yeah, it would be nice to have more room, but i don't get too attached to MOCs or set builds, it's one reason i'm so torn about buying modulars, they are really cool to keep, but when i build them all i can think about is all the awesome bricks they come with...clearly i need to just start buying two at once :)

It looks great and very professional, with regards to both the construction and integration of Lego bricks+decals. Love the lighting too- though I probably would have gone with a RGB led strip (because there are lighting maniacs in my household).

ha, yeah that would have been cool, but i had like 10ft of lights not being used, so white was a lot cheaper :)

Nice. I really like the Ikea drawers. They give the storage system a uniform look without being overly costly or heavy.

yeah i like them too, they're a good size for sure. had i not built the play area first i might have gone the cheaper route and only bought the bins and just made some frames myself, but since i had some already (and it was less work) i just bought more frames, but the cost of them does add up for sure :)

also if anyone is interested, he's an overview of how the bins are labeled...

ZqZHlUl.png

there are a few left over groups i need to make bins for (for now they're in odd bins or PAB cups in the closet)...

- modified plates (larger than 1x2), this was my biggest mistake, not sure how i forgot about these

- wedge bricks (initially i was just going to group these with slopes, but the slopes bin is a bit crowded so i thought i'd separate)

- nacelles

- vertical wing/stabilizers

- friends figs (daughter won't let me toss them :) )

- weird bits and bobs, like flames, random mixel or bionicle parts

also, i had initially forgot about corner bricks/plates (again not sure how) but i made room for them and might separate them out into two bins in the future. i also will probably separate hinges and turntables as well since that bin is a bit crowded as well.

Edited by droomangroup

What a fantastic room! I especially like the classic spaceman decal/stencil. :wub:

My fiancee has banished my LEGO so it's out of sight. I pretend her attitude bothers me, but in reality I'm quite pleased that my collection won't be touched by anyone but me. I suspect she knows that. :tongue:

Edited by AmperZand

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous!

I wish, that I would have so much space for my lego stuff.

Edited by Guybrick

That is such a happy room! Gorgeous work.

Out of interest, where did you get the vinyl cutter for your great designs? I used to do some vehicle graphics and I'd happily resurrect the skill to add some murals around the house (and in my Lego room, inspired by yourself) but didn't realise it was feasible at home.

Oh and to the posters looking forward to getting their own Lego room - I sympathise. For years mine was crated up and only partially accessible - or gathering dust in corners - but I've finally got a room to expand into and it's honestly one of the happiest places I know.

also, i had initially forgot about corner bricks/plates (again not sure how) but i made room for them and might separate them out into two bins in the future. i also will probably separate hinges and turntables as well since that bin is a bit crowded as well.

I sort of like that process of division and refinement as you gather more pieces. All bricks together at first, then by type, by size, then by colour as you add more and more! I remember when I lumped my corner bricks in with my 1 x 3 bricks because I reasoned that they both had 3 studs on top so were comfortable binmates!

Edited by MECHALEX