This is fantastic! I love the amount of thought that went into the space - and the detail, it looks beautiful. Lots of great time building, and building memories, will be had for sure!

I've been contemplating your room in the short time you posted, and the more I thought about the IKEA Trofast system the more I've come to like it... to the point of deciding to go that way myself. I just went and picked up my first batch of Trofast drawer / trays, and I'll start sorting shortly.

thanks again everyone!

Your LEGO space man decal is fantastic... The whole room is great.

thanks :) i was a bit bummed lego lawyers came after me for the decal since it was an original illustration and there's like hundreds of people selling straight rip offs of lego artwork on etsy, but that's the way it goes.

I've been contemplating your room in the short time you posted, and the more I thought about the IKEA Trofast system the more I've come to like it... to the point of deciding to go that way myself. I just went and picked up my first batch of Trofast drawer / trays, and I'll start sorting shortly.

sweet! yeah i like them a lot as i'm not a fan of the rubbermaid drawer look, just too plasticy for my taste. I really like the large bins and my only complaint is i wish that the small bins were shallower and came in a 3x3 layout instead of 2x3, still they are a good size as long as they don't get too full.

one tip i'd suggest for the trofast bins is put backer board on them that way you can shut the drawers easily and they all look uniform, plus it prevents bricks from falling being the frames.

brick on!

Edited by droomangroup

I love seeing creations like this! Very cool!

Though as a worst case scenario kind of guy I noticed that there is a vent flush with the floor below the lego building area. I'll guess not one that you would want to cover - are you able to get pieces out if they fell in?

i was a bit bummed lego lawyers came after me for the decal since it was an original illustration...

TLG's lawyers came after you? Wow! Were you selling the decals or did you just create one for your personal use? If the latter, I'm surprised it was an issue.

I love seeing creations like this! Very cool!

Though as a worst case scenario kind of guy I noticed that there is a vent flush with the floor below the lego building area. I'll guess not one that you would want to cover - are you able to get pieces out if they fell in?

yeah that is definitely a problem, so far only one thing has fallen in, but if it gets to be a common occurrence i may have to just replace that grill with something more removable.

TLG's lawyers came after you? Wow! Were you selling the decals or did you just create one for your personal use? If the latter, I'm surprised it was an issue.

yeah i was selling them on Etsy, i think they only noticed b/c the calendar i made got some press on TLG's facebook page so it sent them snooping into my etsy store. it was mainly a bummer since there are sooooooo many more gross violations of their trademark and copyright on etsy. they were nice about it and all, they just object to anything that uses a minifig's likeness. so it goes.

Most people dream of a Lego room like this... well, maybe just me :P But still this is some amazing craftmanship and probably a lot of time and effort that went into the room.

Very nice room! Some very nice ideas, so I ran to IKEA last weekend :). Cant add a picture right now via mobile but i'll try to upload one thuis weekend. Thanks!

Very nice room! Some very nice ideas, so I ran to IKEA last weekend :). Cant add a picture right now via mobile but i'll try to upload one thuis weekend. Thanks!

very cool! nice to know it's inspired some folks. i wish i was close to an IKEA! the nearest one to me is 4 hours away :)

-drew

Here it was after the first evening. Allmost no bricks inside. I used a combination of color and type sorting. We put the stuff in from a lot lego we bought (26 sets) and built 9 sets of it. The sorting is good for us, as we've found everything quite fast.

16991571510_3d687d12c5_z.jpgIMG-20150411-WA0008 by ddecroubele, on Flickr

Wow. I really like the red, bley walls with the wooden floor.

How did you do the LEGO logo? It looks very professional.

Edited by Ambo100

Very well done! Quite professional. I keep mine in a work cabinet, but my current project has half my collection strung around the garage! I'd love to have a spare room like that.

Nicely done - I should pop out from the Technic/Model Team forum more often so I get to see more cool stuff like this!

Your biggest problem now is going to be what happens when your collection outgrows it - the more effort you put into a storage solution, the harder it is to upgrade!