Solscud007

MOD: SW Battle Carousel

Procrastination is quite the inspiration. Last year I attended the Philly Brick Fest with my friends of my local LUG. I didn't have any MOCs. A year has gone by and I still dont have any impressive MOCs. I have a couple small things. But then last week I decided to build my 10196 Grand Carousel and modify it with Microfighters. OT only. I even scavenged the elements from other sets to make the Celebration Microfighters style Slave 1. The next Brick Fest is this up coming April 25.

I went to Joann Fabrics to get star wars themed fabric. I traced the Grand Carousel canvas and cut them out. I used the Lego Muji hole punch to punch the holes for the attachment points of the fabric.

img_2710.jpg

Here is my WIP. I am ordering some light bley and SW themed elements to make this more SW themed.

battle10.jpg

Oh, the black and white fabric is glow in the dark.

gitd_b10.jpg

Here is a video.

Edited by Solscud007

That is so awesome :laugh:

Could you post more pictures of the ride, for example of the Slave1?

Cool MOD. The Death Star looks like a giant octopus on top with its tentacles reaching across the galatic empire. :classic:

The YouTube link is coming back 404 Not Found...

Hmm odd. Try this link

Here are some pics of my MOC/MOD Micro Slave 1. based off the Celebration version. I had to keep the wings tucked in close to the ship body otherwise they would hit the motor and the center column of the carousel.

dsc_0424.jpg

dsc_0425.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

Hmm odd. Try this link

Thanks. It works. Looks great in motion. :thumbup:

Edited by dr_spock

Here is what it looks like with UV light.

img_1410.jpg

Added some more SW elements. I'm not sure what to add on the white pegs. Anyone got any ideas? I am also worried addng too much will overload the power functions motor. I dont have enough technic to add a second motor.

img_1510.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

You could add some assassin droid head, and make them into lights. I've ised it before and it looks pretty cool.

That is an idea. Not sure people will get such a subtle motif. I really want to replace the stupid upside down beard. But at a lost of what to put there.

Edited by Solscud007

That is an idea. Not sure people will get such a subtle motif. I really want to replace the stupid upside down beard. But at a lost of what to put there.

Maybe a battle droid head? Or you could rig it to fit a Minfig head. I'm sure whatever you do will look good.

Maybe a battle droid head? Or you could rig it to fit a Minfig head. I'm sure whatever you do will look good.

Trying to keep it Original Trilogy. Sadly there is not enough space on that arm to mount a head.