Swifty118247

How to export texture from LEGO Games - PC Only

Here is my tutorial on how to export in game texture from any LEGO game on steam. This tutorial only works on PC, and requires only one program, 'TexMod'. WARNING this process runs a certain risk especially if you are troubleshooting. I would make sure that you backup your save files incase anything goes wrong. For demonstrative purposes I am using LEGO Marvel Superheroes but I should work for all LEGO steam games. I have also tested it on other lego steam games and it has worked fine.

Step 1) Download TexMod here: http://texmod.softwa...former.com/1.0/

Step 2) Unzip the file and move the .exe program file into your games folder. This can be located:

Computer

> OS

> Program Files (x86)

> Steam

> steamapps

> common

> *Name of your game* eg LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

Step 3) Rename the original game .exe to something else. For this I'd advise just adding the word 'original' afterwards so that you don't get confused and can change it back later. Then rename the TexMod.exe which you moved to the file earlier, to the same name that the game should've be originally. For example mine would be renamed to ‘LEGOMARVEL’.

Step 4) Go onto steam and open up the game, however instead of opening the game as it normally would, the TexMod Application will open. Click on Logging mode at the top. Logging mode allows you to log all of the textures in the game. Tick all of the boxes apart from the one labeled 'Alternative Method'.

The option saying 'Output Format' is the picture format that you want the image to be exported as. PNG and BMP are preferable although it is up to you.

The option saying 'Log with' is the key that you are going to press to export the image and the 'output folder', is the location where you want the files to be saved to. By clicking on the folder button, you can select browse, to pick the file where you want the items to be stored.

Step 5) Choose the application by clicking on the box in the corner, which allows you to select the game that you want to run. Now click onto the original game ie the one that you have just name 'original'.

Step 6) Click run on the program. The game should open as normal however there should be some red text in the corner. This explains how to scroll through the different textures. Open up the save file where you want to get the textures from. It is probably easiest to select the one where you have completed, far enough to get the character that you want. Automatically you begin scrolling using the ‘+’ and ‘-‘ keys to select which texture that you want to export. NOTE: I could only get it to work with the plus and minus keys on the number pad so if you can't get it to work on the regular keyboard try using this.

Step 7) Once you have scrolled through all of the textures and found the one that you want, click the log button that you selected. This will export the image to your selected destination.

That’s it! Very simple when you know how to do it and I find it really useful especially when a minifigures design is very complicated to draw from scratch. To get the original game back, you simply rename the original game file back to its original title and rename the TexMod.exe to something else.

Disclaimer: I'm not associated with TexMod, nor am I great at troubleshooting. If you have any trouble I will try my best to help you but you'll probably have more luck googling to find help on forums for TexMod.

Happy Building!!

Edited by Superkalle

Does it work with nxg_texture or only tex files?

Edited by jester

Does it work with nxg_texture or only tex files?

Not sure, I've only really used it to get designs from minifigures which I assume are tex files. Very new to this sort of program.

It's a very hard way to extract files

Simply download quick bms and ttgames file for it

Look http://aluigi.alterv...rg/quickbms.htm

I couldn't find this when I tried to do it. For people that don't have an understanding of how texture are loaded in games, they might find my method easier. I'm not saying that this is the easiest way to do it, but this was the only way that I could find, and I couldn't find anything else on this forum about it. You can can also use this software to add your own custom textures as well.

Edited by Swifty118247

I'd prefer if we didn't go on posting in this topic. Extracting textures from games (albeit LEGO ones) is a bit too far off from the purpose of this forum. And I'm not sure about how legit it is either in terms of breaking EULAs etc.