SkaForHire

Brethren of the Brick Seas Poll

125 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction do you have an interest in joining - THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE TO JOIN THIS FACTION WHEN THE PROJECT LAUNCHES

• Eslandola
    • Corrington
    • Oleon
    • Sea Rats / Pirates
    • I hope this project does not go through.

Brethren of the Brick Seas Poll

This is a quick poll, for those who are interested in the project. We just want to see what the current interest level in each faction is.

Briefly, this is what we are working with right now:

Eslandola - "Green" Faction - merchant empire, relies heavily on privateers, likes profit over mass territory

Corrington - "Red" Faction - Empire based on science, navigation, fast ships

Oleon - "Blue" Faction - Empire based on faith, fortresses, and large warships

Pirates - Arrrrrggghhhhhhh

-----

Some notes: Islanders / Natives are under two different philosophies how they will be included, so if you were specifically going to play an islander character then let us know in the thread.

Edited by SkaForHire

Changed my vote to Corrington after reading the description. But I still would prefer to play natives, we'll see how that's included.

Edited by 2maxwell

As a longtime bluecoat, I assumed I'd want to join Oleon, but I find myself very intrigued by a merchant faction, so I voted for Eslandola. I could easily go either way.

I voted for Eslandola, as it appeals the most to me, even though I only have a few green pirate torso'd figures. I was going to vote Olean, as I managed to build up a small army of 9 new Bluecoat soldiers, but Eslandola is my main interest.

The Corrington it is! Ive always been fond of sloops and fast ships, though they are not armed heavily.... Wich I find a bit unfair compared to Oleon as they can have Man of Wars and Ship of the lines... But Im loyal to the Redcoats. (Dont pay ANY attention to my avatar.... :blush: ) Will change it eventually.

Captain Becker

I've gone for Oleon- mainly because I've more Bluecoat figs. I quite like Corrington and the Pirates too, so I'll see where I go when this kicks off!

Despite what I said in the other thread, I voted for Oleon. I think I'd go with either them or Pirates. In the latter case, I quite like the idea of being a corsair! pirate_sad2.gif

When news of this first broke, I was dead set to play Corrington. However, I find myself reconsidering as Olean and Pirates are also appealing and my collection supports these two better tbh (I only own 4 redcoats compared to a dozen old school blue coats).

So my vote was Corrington, but I can easily slide to another faction for the sake of balance. Well, except for those money grubbing Dons of Eslandola! :)

Corrington for me.

Hopefully those descriptions don't prevent Corrington from having heavier ships/fortresses. Otherwise, I'll have to go with the "I hope it doesn't go through" optionpirate_tong.gif.

Between Oleon and Pirates...

Bluecoats with big fortresses and huge ships appeal to me the most and faith can be interesting for story building.

Pirates being the lawless roamers of the sea appeal to me because... well, pirates!!

The Corrington it is! Ive always been fond of sloops and fast ships, though they are not armed heavily.... Wich I find a bit unfair compared to Oleon as they can have Man of Wars and Ship of the lines... But Im loyal to the Redcoats. (Dont pay ANY attention to my avatar.... :blush: ) Will change it eventually.

Captain Becker

Corrington for me.

Hopefully those descriptions don't prevent Corrington from having heavier ships/fortresses. Otherwise, I'll have to go with the "I hope it doesn't go through" optionpirate_tong.gif.

Oh we have some! Just not as many. We beat them with cunning not overwhelming force (but we will take the latter if offered!)

Oh we have some! Just not as many. We beat them with cunning not overwhelming force (but we will take the latter if offered!)

I like the sound of that! :devil:

Captain Becker

Briefly, this is what we are working with right now:

Eslandola - "Green" Faction - merchant empire, relies heavily on privateers, likes profit over mass territory

Corrington - "Red" Faction - Empire based on science, navigation, fast ships

Oleon - "Blue" Faction - Empire based on faith, fortresses, and large warships

Pirates - Arrrrrggghhhhhhh

SkaForHire, you are making things difficult for me.

Initially I thought that Eslandola could be interesting, but "merchants" are not so fascinating. And I understand that this is not the place for the good old Spanish guys. And some people allegedly don't like morions. pirate_look.gif

So, science, navigation and fast ships are the next great thing on the list. Sadly, they are linked to the wrong colour. pirate_cry4.gif

This means I'll have to settle with fortresses and warships - which is good - but combined with faith (= the blueish inquisition???) it seems a bit strange. pir_wacko.gif

Pirates? I am more of a "regular army type of person". pirate_sceptic.gif

So what shall I do? Go for colour preference = blue.

But it would be great to work with Maxim I on a joint topic...

And where will I be able to include monkeys? :monkey:

Long story short: I am a bit lost, but I would like the project to go through.pirate_laugh2.gif

Captain Braunsfeld,you betray your own creation,the Greencoats?? Shame on you pirate_laugh2.gif

I personnaly choose Oleon,because I have 5 blue Figs and only 2 red... But I just bought some blue minifigures (the old ones),in a few days I will have 20 of them!!

Bluecoats FTW!!!

SkaForHire, you are making things difficult for me.

Initially I thought that Eslandola could be interesting, but "merchants" are not so fascinating. And I understand that this is not the place for the good old Spanish guys. And some people allegedly don't like morions. pirate_look.gif

So, science, navigation and fast ships are the next great thing on the list. Sadly, they are linked to the wrong colour. pirate_cry4.gif

This means I'll have to settle with fortresses and warships - which is good - but combined with faith (= the blueish inquisition???) it seems a bit strange. pir_wacko.gif

Pirates? I am more of a "regular army type of person". pirate_sceptic.gif

So what shall I do? Go for colour preference = blue.

But it would be great to work with Maxim I on a joint topic...

Long story short: I am a bit lost, but I would like the project to go through.pirate_laugh2.gif

Well, I think the description is more for people to guide and not to be law :)

For example, I will play Eslandola just because I like merchants and gold and the whole trading thing. I am planning to make a Swedish 18th century tradevessel so it would fit perfectly in it :)

And I am sure Corrington will have big warships as well just like Oleon will have smaller vessels too...

I am sure every faction can have monkeys :D

I am really looking forward to big BoBS lay-outs at Brickmania Antwerp or Limburg :D

Captain Braunsfeld,you betray your own creation,the Greencoats?? Shame on you pirate_laugh2.gif

I personnaly choose Oleon,because I have 5 blue Figs and only 2 red... But I just bought some blue minifigures (the old ones),in a few days I will have 20 of them!!

Bluecoats FTW!!!

I have 40 redcoats, 15 bluecoats and 3 greencoats, still I choose for Eslandola!

Edited by Maxim I

My hope is that Eslandola is not strictly influenced by the Spanish-inspired Imperial Armada, but gives us the flexibiliy to explore something inspired by the golden age of Dutch traders. Perhaps the local militia at a trading post might sport this look:

buffcoats2.jpg

(Note the morion.) And perhaps the frontier trading post is on an island that allows the agents of Eslandola to trade for monkey pelts from the natives! I think there are a lot of ways to make merchants interesting.

And skewing toward the 17th century, some chaps from Corrington might look like this:

17th_c_redcoat.jpg

My point is, I'd certainly hope that there's enough flexibility in BoBS for us to explore different esthetics in the factions.

Edited by Capt Wolf

I cannot decide right now, honestly. I have TONS of Pirates, and recently acquired about 10 of the new Greencoats, plus another 15 classic Greencoat torsos. Yet the real problem, is that I have over 100 of EACH of the Bluecoats, new and classic, and Redcoats newer and classic. I could easily choose every faction, including Islanders and fantasy, and have scores of soldiers/figures for them all. Maybe I'll be a whore and bounce around to every faction, idk.

My hope is that Eslandola is not strictly influenced by the Spanish-inspired Imperial Armada, but gives us the flexibiliy to explore something inspired by the golden age of Dutch traders. Perhaps the local militia at a trading post might sport this look:

buffcoats2.jpg

(Note the morion.) And perhaps the frontier trading post is on an island that allows the agents of Eslandola to trade for monkey pelts from the natives! I think there are a lot of ways to make merchants interesting.

Where is that torso from? And is it light green or brown? I'm colorblind and can't tell.

Where is that torso from? And is it light green or brown? I'm colorblind and can't tell.

It is dark tan, and it's the Star Wars Crix Madine torso (although I've erased a badge on his chest). It was the best thing I could come up with to do some Thirty Years War era soldiers. If you like your pirates more 1600s than 1700s, it works pretty well, I think.

A note to everyone; there's just too much historical comparison going on for my taste, so I had to jump in. BoBS will be a fictional world with little pirate appropriate fantasy. There will be no Dutch, Brits, French nor Spanish guys jumping around. Therefor also the majority of torsos are allright. I have no problem with the Indiana Jones soldiers someone already used despite the stars used on the belts. So what, that's how the pirate era developed in our made up universe. And yes, you can use shakos or morions in every faction if you so desire. The fact I'm not too fond of the morion on the greencoats is that it looks very army oriented, whilst that faction is more of the traders. But more then the Spanish / Dutch traders I prefer to imagine them like Arabic or Indian traders or more like the Kaliphlin guild. Yet still it's all up to the leaders where they'll take this faction ... Of course they have the armies too but for me they are not necessarily sporting green. Green is more a color of the flag and we chose it for having the third best (after red and blue) torso options for that era. Maybe they should just be yellow instead?

After all if you still have a problem with all these shenanigans about the torsos or historical connections, come and join the best faction there is - Pirates! Savvy?

Edit: How come noone wishes this project doesn't go throuh?! ;)

Edited by MstrOfPppts