SkaForHire

Brethren of the Brick Seas Poll

125 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction do you have an interest in joining - THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE TO JOIN THIS FACTION WHEN THE PROJECT LAUNCHES

• Eslandola
    • Corrington
    • Oleon
    • Sea Rats / Pirates
    • I hope this project does not go through.

There should be plenty room for pirate rebels. But if a certain "Prinz" comes sailing in I'm striking my colors. Glad to see interest in the heavyweights from the old guard.

Is there any more info, back story on the factions?

My hands are aching to do some pirate stuf again, so i'l join something.

Beware though.. I'll always be a Dutch pirate rebel.pirate_tong.gif

You'll fit right in with the Sea Rats, me Hearty! :devil:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I am new to the pirates forum. Just aquired some old 80-90ies pirate sets because of nostalgia. What is this project and where do I find more info about it? Is it some kind of role-playing game? It looks interesting, and I would like to know more about the world, mechanics and general idea.

I am new to the pirates forum. Just aquired some old 80-90ies pirate sets because of nostalgia. What is this project and where do I find more info about it? Is it some kind of role-playing game? It looks interesting, and I would like to know more about the world, mechanics and general idea.

Sit Stig,

Brethren of the Brick Seas is not done yet, but will be a building game similar to Guilds of Historica and Andromeda's Gates. You will have a significant figure and join Corrington (red coats), Oleon (blue coats), Eslandola (green coats), or the Sea Rats (includes pirates). You may join challenges or post a free-build of any MOC for your faction. Details will be released when Brethren of the Brick Seas is launched.

Thank you Phred. So the style of buildings and type of bricks that I have should also play a factor when deciding what faction to join? I am intrigued :)

Not exactly, these are recommended styles, but I am sure each faction has some part of the territory they control that would allow them to have almost any variation in building style, terrain, and even in some cases, uniforms.

Indeed :)

and don't go easy by choosing a faction because you have most soldiers of that colour. I have around 60 redcoats, 30 blue coats and 5 pure green coats. Still I will choose Eslandola (green) as it's sounds the most interesting for me.

By using for example Robin Hood torso's, leprauchan torso's, ... I can make up to more then 30 green coats :D

I should post a picture soon of my already assembled army :D

and don't go easy by choosing a faction because you have most soldiers of that colour. I have around 60 redcoats, 30 blue coats and 5 pure green coats. Still I will choose Eslandola (green) as it's sounds the most interesting for me.

By using for example Robin Hood torso's, leprauchan torso's, ... I can make up to more then 30 green coats :D

This is an excellent point as I fear most people will be attracted to Bluecoats since they are the most recent Pirates released.

How many figs are needed for each faction to participate? Do we have to build in the style of Historica's castle and greeblings?

How many figs are needed for each faction to participate? Do we have to build in the style of Historica's castle and greeblings?

Excellent question!

You'll only technically need one fig: your sigfig! You can have any number of other characters within your faction, though.

Your character needn't even wear a blue coat or red coat. Those are just the military outfits (and even those can be highly variable. Uniforms at this time in history were far from uniform throughout the military, after all.) You can be a blue coat painter ( :look::blush: ) a red coat blacksmith, or a green coat miner. You could likewise be one of Oleon's savvy clergymen or earnest missionaries, one of Corrington's erudite scholars or inventive scientists, or one of Eslandola's clever traders or shrewd merchants. None of these people would need to wear a speck of their respective colours. It's like a real world. Just because I live in a country where the flag is red white and blue does not mean I wear exclusively those colours, after all! :tongue: (frankly, the only colour restrictions are regarding the Oleon clergymen, as you'll see soon enough.)

And there's always the Sea Rats who fly and wear whatever colours they so desire, for they are the free folk and scoundrels who have liberated themselves from their restrictive nations. :wink:

Also, there are no build style restrictions. There are plenty of things to build, from ships, to battlements, to tropical beaches. Build with your own style! :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

With 116 members voting this poll is a bit lopsided. It's surprising to me to see Eslandola and Corrington combine for the same number of votes as the Pirates/Sea Rats. It will be interesting to see how it works out numerically whenever this starts up, but there's no question that the wrong side of the law is quite popular at the moment.

With 116 members voting this poll is a bit lopsided. It's surprising to me to see Eslandola and Corrington combine for the same number of votes as the Pirates/Sea Rats. It will be interesting to see how it works out numerically whenever this starts up, but there's no question that the wrong side of the law is quite popular at the moment.

I thought that too at first, but from reading the comments, there seem to be a lot more passionate would-be Eslandolians and Corringtonians (or however the citizens are being called) than there are passionate Sea Rats, which might mean that despite having fewer members, they could still produce as many MOCs. For example, I will for sure be joining the Pirate faction, but I'm not sure I'll be able to participate as much as I would like, as my priority will most likely remain in GoH.

Obviously this poll is preliminary and therefore doesn't mean much - which is why I said I'm curious as to how it works out once it actually gets started. I expect the Pirates will be noticeably different than the others in terms of what they build, and I had noticed the greater enthusiasm expressed by some of the others. The big question is how Oleon will compare to the rest since the bluecoats are currently in production. Time will tell... but if Corrington falls behind I'll have to do something even if I'm not highly active - if Phred lets me off mop-up duty...

I was planning on doing exactly the same.

I'm with Maxim, Eslandola! I might only do small vigs here though. For a character, I am thinking a female wandering acolyte. Religious, yes, but preferring the less autocratic style government to recognize.