Sign in to follow this  
Captain Dee

Hello from a Virginia Pirates theme fan!

Hello to everyone at Eurobricks and especially the Pirates forum, which is the only theme that really interests me. I've been lurking around the site for about a year and a half and finally decided to join up. I hope I can be a contributing member and I have a lot of ideas for projects - just not enough time to build them all! (A common lament, perhaps?) Anyway, I'm glad to be here and I hope my input can be useful to someone. Sincerely, JDL.

I live in Wirtz in Franklin County about 15 miles south of the city of Roanoke. Maggodee Creek forms the boundary of my dad's farm. And thanks for all the kind welcomes.

Welcome to EB Captain Dee! Your contributions to discussions have been greatly appreciated.

... I have a lot of ideas for projects - just not enough time to build them all! (A common lament, perhaps?)

Yes, it's a common problem for me too. I look forward to when my daughter is a teenager, and she won't want to spend time with me any more. :laugh:

What's your Sigfig?

You ever find your way to Midwestern Lego conventions?

Phred, unfortunately I've never been to any Lego convention or show of any type. As for the sigfig - I really should do something about that. Black legs, Brickbeard's torso with 2 hands, no epaulettes, the dome helmet soldier head from the 2013 Forest Ambush and a black tricorne with red feather. Actually I envision my sigfig wearing the torsos from Redbeard, the current Pirate cap'n, the CMF pirate, and anything like the CMF judge. In other words, respectable 1700s male attire. When it comes to tricornes I'm the Mad Hatter. I currently have almost 700, including a bulk order of 500 new black ones from Bricklink! The black/white trim is my favorite (I have 50) but it's a military hat and my sigfig is a civilian. Or a craftsman...hint hint.

Ooh, it will be hard to find enough things to comment on to comment on here ten times... :grin:

Looking forward to more posts, so I can pay of my debt, and to see some of your MOCs! :classic:

Edited by Adair