Sign in to follow this  
Timento

A little Viking house

Hello once again :-)

I completed this Viking house a few months ago, just never got around to posting it. It could be a lot better, but I didn't bother and quite liked it the way it was :-) Oh, and I intentionally mixed up the colors, I liked it better that way. Bla, bla, bla... Here it is:

viking_house_1.jpg

viking_house_2.jpg

viking_house_3.jpg

But this isn't a normal house, no way. You can easily take the roof of and reveal that it is an...

viking_house_4.jpg

viking_house_5.jpg

viking_house_6.jpg

viking_house_7.jpg

... Armory! Not really historical, though... Two Vikings are buying armor from a noble Viking. Oh, almost forgot, you cant take it in two for better playability :-)

viking_house_8.jpg

That's all, hope you liked it ;-)

It is very quaint, I especially like the roof! *y*

Edited by SirNadroj

Not bad at all. It looks really nice and more realistic than the Lego official Viking wave... *y*

The seat looks cool with the horns, I hope you'll make other scenes when you have your missing parts.

It's been a while since I've seen any vikings. The fact that the house can come apart is stupendous. *y*

Nice house, I like the bars and leaves on the roof. The inside is a bit crowded though, seems like a Norse corner store.

Nice and cosy Mr Timento!

I like it! It really has a viking feel.

The plants on the roof really give that extra feel.

Also good job making it accesible!

Mr Tiber

Thank you for all your nice replies, I really appreciate it :-)

I will try to make more as I see you quite like this one, guys :-)

Thanks again :-)

Very nice.

I wish Lego had made some little houses for the viking line.

Very nice.

I wish Lego had made some little houses for the viking line.

Thank you, Wout :-)

I wish Lego had made their own too :-/

This set has great playability, I like the way you've made it very accessible. This is neat, although a bit crowded. Still, good job. *y*

Thank you, Iamded :-)

I should make it bigger to be less crowded?

Maybe I'll make version 2 ;-) , just not anytime soon, though :-/

Nice job Timento. This is really a neat little house. A few of these houses would make a great viking village.

I also like the way you designed the roof and you've spared no detail by making it removable. Nice interior as well. Great job!

Nice house . but if that was a true northern house i think i would have added a fireplace to ceep away the winter hehe. but like it alot. and the roof idea is great. perhaps i have to borrow that to some of my own houses.

the armory thing and the historic thing can be true. there was some northern kings/lords that used armory. but it was so expencive that a normal man couldnt afford it so many had to use leather armor.

only thing not historic true there are the horns on the helmets :-D but its a great moc *y*

Cute viking house, Timento. Any chance you'll make another version of this someday? I also agree that the folks at TLC should focus some of their attention on civilian life in castle-y themes.

Nice job Timento. This is really a neat little house. A few of these houses would make a great viking village.

I also like the way you designed the roof and you've spared no detail by making it removable. Nice interior as well. Great job!

Thank you for the positive thoughts, TheBrickster :-)

Nice house . but if that was a true northern house i think i would have added a fireplace to ceep away the winter hehe. but like it alot. and the roof idea is great. perhaps i have to borrow that to some of my own houses.

the armory thing and the historic thing can be true. there was some northern kings/lords that used armory. but it was so expencive that a normal man couldnt afford it so many had to use leather armor.

only thing not historic true there are the horns on the helmets :-D but its a great moc *y*

Thanks :-) , you can borrow as much as you like, my friend ;-)

And thank you for that historic insight :-)

Yep, the horns aren't historical :-/

Cute viking house, Timento. Any chance you'll make another version of this someday? I also agree that the folks at TLC should focus some of their attention on civilian life in castle-y themes.

Thank you :-) , I will try to make version 2 soon ;-)

Yep, I also think they should focus more on civilian life to have blacksmiths, farms, houses...

It's castles and catapults every year, I'm gettin' tired of that :-/