Sign in to follow this  
KMOI

No more chrome sabers?

I was looking at the new Star Wars sets, hoping to find out that the sets shown at the New York Toy Fair were prototypes. However, much to my dismay, I found out that lightsabers are no longer coloured in vaccumized silver. This had me like so:

:'(

Why in their right mind would Lego do such a thing! I mean sure, now some figures have light-up lightsabers, but chrome-like paint on the lightsabers was the key! They're always striving for movie accuracy, yet they missed out on one of the key components. It's not nessesary to paint the minifigs with ethnic accurate colours. The street basketball set showed us that. However, when do you see ANY Jedi totting around a pastel coloured lightsaber?

Although this is a huge issue for me, does this bother anyone else? And does anyone know how to "vaccumize" paint? :P

Actually, I don't mind the new lightsaber colors, I always hated the stupid crome coming off so easily on the crome-colored sabers.

And yet another stupid TLC decision ;)

Chrome sabers are way much better, but I'm glad I have at least 40 of them ;)

It's chrome, there are some pics of him on the net somewhere and it's defenatly chrome >-|

IT is chrome, but Grivious' ones are just bley :'( Weird when you think he wears on his belt sabers from the jedis he killed (they always were chrome and now suddenly bley ;) ) Weird unfortunate cost reduction ;)

During the Clone Wars, Grievous took so many lightsabers that the Jedis ran out of chrome paint. That's why the Ep3 sets mostly have bley lightsabers :-D

And this is why I have five spare chrome lightsabers sitting ready on my shelf for when I get the Grievous chase on Saturday...

So are all the furure sabers gonna be bley? I hope nt, I hope they just got a bit confused and they'll make everything right again

Maybe TLC made them bley so that they would fit better with the lightup sabers |-/

Don't remind of those light up piece's of crap, that leads to sugar ;)

Anyway, maybe Lego just ran out of chrome and they're only tempery in this set.. o who am I kidding

Maybe TLC made them bley so that they would fit better with the lightup sabers |-/

That would be a lame excuse |-/ I'm sure its for cost reduction: bley is (a lot?) cheaper than chrome ;)

I have plenty of chrome sabers from extra sets, so I'm not worried. :-D

Yeah me too. Final Duel II helped by giving us two hilts for one saber :D

How can you be bothereed counting them all? It would take me ages just to getmine out of my big yellow Lego box :D