Sign in to follow this  
Emma

[WZ5:I10, Desert King] Seeking Out Ancient Allies

Seeking Out Ancient Allies

Battle of the Deep Sands (WZ5:I10)

For the Desert King!

Charged with seeking out some of the Desert King's ancient allies, Nimue and Dark travel to the heart of the Dune Sea to the den of the great Manticore, where he has been slumbering for several hundred years.

Nimueh: "I was assured he is fiercely loyal to the ancient king and would not eat us... Let us hope he wakes from his lengthy rest in a good mood."

16427481913_64e551df85.jpg

A renewed alliance with the Manticore would ensure the region's fealty to the Desert King, and lend a powerful friend to fight in the battles to come. With this in mind, Nimueh and Dark approach the beast's lair.

The whole build:

16860092700_5691bd4713_c.jpg

Thanks for having a look :sweet: All comments/critiques are always appreciated.

Oh, and for the next warzone I'd pick E12...

I really like the same spilling out of the frame, and the angled ruins are great! :thumbup:

Great work with the overhanging sand and the FP is excellent! Am I right that there's a tan colored stripe between the black of the border? Just because at one spot the sand overhangs, that looks a little odd, as though the sand were peeking through the border but somehow managing to stay there. A different color - maybe white or just more black - would probably have made the distinction between border and sand more obvious!

:thumbup:

Wow, the forced perspective here is epic! The shrine is just perfectly out of focus in that first shot. The shrine itself is wonderfully done, such nice shaping and detailing, especially the gold accents and the rugged, worn look of the top of the structure. Also, the way the sand pours off of the border looks phenomenal, what a great touch! The Manticore would certainly be a powerful ally in this conflict! :thumbup:

Wonderful build! I love the look of the wicked looking cave. And a Manticor would indeed be a big deal for our forces!

Fantastic build Emma, excellent FP with the first shot! Superb job on the landscape as well, just the right amount of color mixed in with the desert's desolation! :thumbup::sweet:

Very nice sand! :thumbup:

I had to look closer at the second picture to see how the sand around the den was constructed :wink:

Edited by Gideon

Thanks everyone for the comments & feedback :grin:. I hadn't originally set out to do a FP effect with this, but as I glanced at my pile of tan pieces, I realized that this den was going to end up kind of small - so I built what I could and convinced the camera do the rest, thankfully it seems to have turned out ok.

A different color - maybe white or just more black - would probably have made the distinction between border and sand more obvious!

I wanted to jazz up the boarder a bit with a contrasting colour strip that still matched the build, so I went with tan... but I think your right, and keeping it all black would have definitely looked sharper :thumbup:

The way you have the sand spill out over the border looks fabulous :wub:

Sweet fig combination as well :thumbup: