Meh'nak looked at the forces arrayed before the old fort. Lord Anfauglir of Nocturnus had promised to assist the Desert King in his campaign, but it was to Meh'nak's surprise when an entire company of soldiers arrived at the secret rendezvous point on Ulandus' northern shore. Furthermore, Anfauglir had also dispatched a squad of elite heavy infantrymen, the Scourge of Nocturnus as the unit was known. Ulandus had not anticipated an amphibious operation and had not detected the growing concentration of Desert King troops. In just a few days the soldiers had managed to transform the dilapidated fort into a secure center of operations - which the soldiers nicknamed Fort Pain. From here the Desert King could launch raids directly into the Ulandian heartland.

17046433985_39dc9d0807_c.jpg

The Scourge of Nocturnus is a crack unit under Lord Anfauglir's command. Its members are considered some of the most fearsome warriors in all of Nocturnus, and have never been known to back down from a fight. In fact, to reinforce its commitment to assisting the Desert King, Anfauglir's soldiers dismantled their transport ship and used the parts to rebuild the old fort.

16423962574_af11a69c03_c.jpg

Anfauglir's troops prepare to raid Ulandian lands. Although Lord Anfauglir is not present to help lead his troops, they are under the command of some of his best officers.

16423963024_f2537ab582_c.jpg

-------------------------------------------

Hello! Another GA for the Desert King! I wasn't able to use my standard photo setup so forgive the somewhat crappy quality of the photos. I'm gonna try to get a better one before the night's up. Anyways, I've been wanting to get Anfauglir into the Civil War somehow, but since he's currently visiting Shadowmere, I thought I'd send a group to represent his command. So, thanks for looking, feedback always welcomed!

Wow. *huh* Amazing use of color and the way you built it into the mountain is incredible! :wub:

Glad I don't have to counter this :grin:

Awesome entry, MassEditor! You're builds also amaze me and I can't wait to see what else you build. :thumbup:

Impressive as always! That's gonna be hard to counter.

Edited by blufiji

This is massive! I'm glad Lord Anfauglir sends additional troops.

I feel so odd when you are talking about 'bad' pictures and they turn out to have a quality I would be totally pleased by. You can tell from my (not) tremors that I struggle photographing dios of this size. :grin:

But enough of that! Your fort is stunning placed nearby this massive rock. I also enjoy the pier. It really looks like something and shows that a quay can be more than simply a plate on round studs.

Awesome Mass! Beautiful colours! Great to see True Nocturnus helping the True King of Kaliphlin! :thumbup:

Edited by Lord Vladivus

Amazing :wub: :wub: :wub:

I love the colour scheme and all the details! The rockwork and the beach are great, too.

Well, someone's been a bit busy! A fantastic build, the colors are just brilliant, great work with the slope down to the water, and the spikes on the fort are great!

:thumbup:

Thanks everyone, glad you enjoyed it!

This is massive! I'm glad Lord Anfauglir sends additional troops.

I feel so odd when you are talking about 'bad' pictures and they turn out to have a quality I would be totally pleased by. You can tell from my (not) tremors that I struggle photographing dios of this size. :grin:

But enough of that! Your fort is stunning placed nearby this massive rock. I also enjoy the pier. It really looks like something and shows that a quay can be more than simply a plate on round studs.

Thanks Jacob! I'm glad you liked the photos, guess I might be a little hard on myself, but I had some issues lighting this thing as I wanted. Fortunately, GoH has driven me to not just build better, but to put a greater emphasis on photography too. The problem is, I don't have internet at my home or a computer, so I have to take photos at home, drive to my business to upload them only to realize the photos didn't turn out, so then I drive back home, take more photos, and drive back to work... :laugh: It can get frustrating and sometimes I feel as if the hassle is making me too complacent!

Edited by MassEditor

Agree with Jacob. :grin: Amazing fort, and agree with LittleJohn on this as well!

Simply magnificent, per usual. The wooden fort looks amazing, the bridge leading off the build is a brilliant touch :thumbup:

Lovely color use in the landscape as well :classic:

Thanks Adair and SK! I also thought the dark green/tan/dark bley worked well for the landscaping.

Fantastic build MassEditor, brilliant use of colors and great job with the fort and mountain! :sweet::wub: Excellent job with the layered sand near the water as well, this one is certainly going to be hard to counter!

My only minor nitpick would be the trans-blue studs on the sides, which look a little odd when they are in piles like that - I think either spreading them out more or omitting them would have helped :classic:

This was posted the day before I joined up, but being a long-time lurker I don't know how I missed it. It's an excellent composition all around. The various trees, rocks, sand, water and of course the brilliant fort integrated into the mountainside all look very good. The pier/dock on the right is very nice as well and the overall use of color is quite artistic. Excellent build!

Thanks again guys! I guess I'll take it as a compliment that I have to face two counters against this build. :laugh: